• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sort of remarkable how HHH doesn’t seem to have lost anything with age. Almost Flairesque in developing a style to work as an older man.
Hunter works two matches a year, at best. Takashi Sugiura had heart surgery in 2017, is the same age as HHH and is literally beating the **** outta people every week as the GHC Heavyweight Champ. Really though, watch:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
PAC (Neville) being back and in Dragon Gate is nice. DG's been all over the place this year so far so hopefully this stabilises the loss of Shingo for RED.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How was it?

EDIT: ****, I didn't realise it was still on live.
Bit of fun but would never do it again

Lack of match commentary at ground had a definite impact as crowd responded to noice, music etc but for 70% of the time there was very little atmosphere

Far better watching at home, bar, etc

Some of the people in the crowd were.... interesting

andmark

International Captain
Bit of fun but would never do it again

Lack of match commentary at ground had a definite impact as crowd responded to noice, music etc but for 70% of the time there was very little atmosphere

Far better watching at home, bar, etc

Some of the people in the crowd were.... interesting
Yeah, you do get some weird people at wrestling shows haha.

andmark

International Captain
I can't wait for the speeches. "We need to do more to defend women's rights because shucky ducky quack quack!"

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can you give us a run down of your thoughts on the show Social? Always interesting to hear someone who doesn’t follow wrestling’s impressions of it

social

One of the interesting things for me was how relatively small the modern day wrestler is

Guys like Strowman & Reigns are huge but much smaller than Undertaker or Kane

There’s obviously a premium placed on athleticism/aerials these days (CWs were incredible btw) as some of the others aren’t very big at all

I stayed in the room next to Daniel Bryan and he’s lucky to be 5’10

Athlai

Not Terrible
Big guys (i.e. 7ft and over) who aren't absolute turd in the ring are pretty hard to come by tbh.
Yeah, and I’d include Strowman in this boat (I know he’s only 6’6 or so), but it’s nice to have a big man who seems to have a whole heap of raw talent and charisma. And it’s been great to have so many blokes around to help him develop like Kane and especially Big Show. Reckon wrestling was robbed of a real mega star Big Show/Giant by the poor handling of him in his younger years. A young Giant/Big Show coming through NXT etc. today would be a pretty gun prospect.

Backstage also looks far less like the den of vipers it was in the 90s and early 00s.

social

Can you give us a run down of your thoughts on the show Social? Always interesting to hear someone who doesn’t follow wrestling’s impressions of it
I actually follow the WWE but don't take it too seriously

Brought up with it and have a young son so have been watching it for decades so know most of the back stories

Most impressive for me were the CWs as how they don't kill themselves is anybody's guess

As I mentioned, the lack of commentary was a real downer but Cena is a thorough professional and revved up the audience at a point when the promoters/WWE thought it was tanking to the audience in attendance.

He "performed" for maybe a minute but got the crowd interested again on the mike

It's a very slick machine and the message obviously reached him & he did his job

I was completely amazed by the people in our section

It was $1000 plus per head and 90% + were diehards/idiots without $1001 to their name, swore that it wasn't choreographed and literally had the greatest night of their lives

Very weird!

Save your money and watch it at home or in the pub is my advice

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, I agree. WWE is better watched at home. Indy shows are different though because the wrestlers do a lot of interacting with the audience and you can find interesting people in the audience.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Shingo is ****ing great.

But I'm so damn pissed that he went to NJPW to be stuck in the Jnr division. This guy had the best Champion Carnival out of anyone, had legit classic matches against all of the big guys there and now he's gonna be stuck in 6-man tags eating the pin from ****s like Elgin. Damn, I'm heated.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He looks big enough to be a heavy in New Japan, yeah.
He wrestles a HW style. He was the big guy in Dragon Gate.

He's spent his career wrestling Jnr's so he will be great in the ring with them, but the Jnr division is booked like ass and basically exist to eat pins for 11 months a year when the BOSJ isn't on.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
On the plus side, it looks like Ospreay is moving out of the Junior division. Too much to hope for Ospreay in the g1.

Haha **** me, Jericho just always shows up in the most surprising places

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh Chris

Shingo is ****ing great.

But I'm so damn pissed that he went to NJPW to be stuck in the Jnr division. This guy had the best Champion Carnival out of anyone, had legit classic matches against all of the big guys there and now he's gonna be stuck in 6-man tags eating the pin from ****s like Elgin. Damn, I'm heated.
you've come so far in such a short period of time. tears are rolling down my face. you're so much further ahead than my lazy arse

Shingo could easily challenge Ospreay for the NEVER belt after the Jr Tag Titles tour is done fwiw. i would like that direction (assuming they won't put a rocket on the junior division which would be my preference)

Last edited: