• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Solomonsters pretty good... Has a massive hatred of HHH because of his 03-05 run. Good point he made about the Rock too. He got beaten by Booker in a battle royal and made him look really good by actually applauding him. Didn't overdo it so it didn't come off as sarcastic, did just enough to make a point that Booker was title worthy. Think there was also an extra segment after smackdown went off the air where he put over Booker even more by wishing him luck and even ate a BookEnd to round off the night because Booker hadn't hit his finisher on the Rock in the battle royal. Wag.

The funny thing though is that the same HHH put over Batista. 3 ppvs in a row.
Rightfully so, Trips ruined Raw from 03-04ish. I stopped watching from about late 05 onwards so can't speak after that (not because of Trips, just generally got tired of it I think).

Man I haven't watched wrestling for almost a decade but I am absolutely addicted to Solomonster's Youtube clips. I love how he just takes a topic, or answers a question from a viewer, and just discusses it openly and gives his opinion on it. So much old school stuff too. Its so addictive. Just random topics like "was ECW good or bad for pro wrestling", "did the WWE drop the ball with Lesnar vs. Holly", "what happened at Starccade 97?".

Have listened to so many over the last few days. Just stumbled upon it too because I don't know anything about this guy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey guys does anyone know if Jono still watches wrestling? Not sure if he's ever mentioned it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasnt there a HBK-HHH match with a similarly dire ending around that time? HBK landing some sweet chin music but not getting the cover and HHH walking away with the title. I remember watching it at the time (which was 5 months ago) and totally being like "fuuuuuuuuu you HHH"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There was a last man standing match at the Royal Rumble before WMXX which ended in a draw after HBK couldn't get back up after hitting HHH with a few superkicks iirc.

Spikey

that was it. Not being able to get up after landing a finisher is the biggest bull crap

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I always hate it when after getting hit with a finisher crafty heels are somehow able to "wisely roll out of the ring" sometimes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Might as well give up on pro wrestling if you can't suspend disbelief for that sort of ****. **** you both

Agent TBY

International Captain
Wasnt there a HBK-HHH match with a similarly dire ending around that time? HBK landing some sweet chin music but not getting the cover and HHH walking away with the title. I remember watching it at the time (which was 5 months ago) and totally being like "fuuuuuuuuu you HHH"
There was a last man standing match at the Royal Rumble before WMXX which ended in a draw after HBK couldn't get back up after hitting HHH with a few superkicks iirc.
The San Antonio finish? So good.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I don't mind when they get knocked out of the ring in some sort of convincing fashion, but when someone takes a pedigree or a powerbomb or something in the middle of the ring and then bounces up, and rolls over about 3 times to make it to the apron it just looks ****.

OverratedSanity

Goddamn what a match. And that finish... holy ****. As soon as he went for the springboard I knew what was coming but I lost my **** all the same. How he didn't get a concussion I have no idea.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So, apparently the Rock has been pictured arriving in Philadelphia this eve, the location of the Royal Rumble...

Let the speculation begin...

May actually stay up to watch this tonight, RR is always a decent PPV, and this year looks like it could be particularly interesting.