• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

cover drive man

International Captain
:laugh:

In other news, I saw smackdown last week up in town. Was fun, the dark match at the end was a laugh, Mark Henry attempted a spineroony lol. Video's on youtube somewhere.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hahaha, sounds amusing.

RAW was good value the other night as well, because Rocky is such a gun. Loved how he came out during the Cena "this is your life" segment, gave Foley the Rock Bottom and then walked straight out again. :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hahaha, sounds amusing.

RAW was good value the other night as well, because Rocky is such a gun. Loved how he came out during the Cena "this is your life" segment, gave Foley the Rock Bottom and then walked straight out again. :laugh:
Taking a leaf out of SCSA's book obv.

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
Took my son to see 'Raw' live at the Newcastle Arena last week. We had a great time. He wanted to see Cena and Punk and was really happy to see them in their matches.

The best part of the event for me was the fact that Mick Foley (Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love) was there as well as a special guest. He was the referee in a triple threat match between the teams of Kevin Nash, R-Truth and the Miz vs Kofi Kingston, Cena and someone else who's name escapes me!!!

It just so happens he was appearing in Newcastle later that week in his own comedy show and they managed to get him at the Raw event....even Mr Socko made an appearance :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Miz and R-Truth stank up the match though. Should have given him an experienced opponent. Truth couldn't sell Rocky's punch combo in the turnbuckle for instance and the match was filled with pauses through out with everyone taunting each other in the ring. Rock was so much more energetic in the ring than the rest of them combined.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah ****, thought they were good value, Awesome Truth are gun. Think they were perfect opponents really, giving Rock a high profile opponent would have taken some of the sheen off his match with Cena at WM. This instead gave some incredibly high profile exposure to Miz and Truth, and helped build up to the Cena/Rock match at WM.

Thought Rock looked really sharp at times, particularly when on offense. The only thing that slightly reduced the overall quality for me is that the match had clearly been put together in a way which kept Rock's ring time down and he didn't really take any bumps either, but I guess given the circumstances (both him being no doubt involved in various movie things, and wanting to keep him in good condition for WM) avoiding an injury was important and so it was understandable.

Surely this is building to a heel turn for Cena though. I know Rock basically acted like the heel by attacking Cena after Cena tried to applaud him after the match, but there's no way there's no way they can turn Rock heel the crowd would just reject it completely, and there's so much heat on Cena anyway.

Anyway, top fun.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Meh. I stand by what I said. I understand promoting Miz and Truth but just thought the match wasn't technically good. Cena will never turn heel any time soon, too good a product to change from the company's perspective. Gets all the kids interested in wrestling. He will just become another Hulk Hogan. His only fans after 20 years will be kids who are 10-12 years old now.

Would love it if he turns heel and goes all 'Basic Thuganomics' again.:p

cover drive man

International Captain
I'm a Cena fan myself. Gets an unjustified tough time by a gang of losers who think they're making some sort of point by paying to see a show and then booing the key figure.

A general connotation I associate with 'We Hate Cena' fans.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Two great matches on RAW last night. CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett vs Kofi Kingston were both top drawer.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've not watched Raw but I did watch Survivor Series. I think Dolph Ziggler is money. I don't know if he can make the step up to the top of the card but he has a good charisma to him. The main event was a solid match. Rock's punches not quite there yet and I would like to see him wrestle a bit in the run up to Mania but I think it is unlikely. He certainly 'still got it' though and it was a good match with a nice good finish. I think it was good that Rock didn't take bumps, save his first major beatdown since return to when he faces Cena and Cena gains the upper hand for a point in the match.

I totally agree with Rock attacking Cena after the match. It really can allow a typified difference where Cena is the 'voice of reason' and justice and sensibility and yet the fans still love Rock. It can help make the pre-match promos genuine, like Punk/Cena were.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Two great matches on RAW last night. CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett vs Kofi Kingston were both top drawer.
I like Barrett as a concept, I just think something is missing. Perhaps the scar of being leader of the Corre and his village music has something to do with it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
RE: Kingston. Whenever I watch wrestling at home, my Mum inevitably watches some with me, and always refers to Kofi as "that poor man who always seems to lose".

Shri

Mr. Glass
RE: Kingston. Whenever I watch wrestling at home, my Mum inevitably watches some with me, and always refers to Kofi as "that poor man who always seems to lose".

Haha, should team him up with Rey Mysterio for the lolz.:laugh: