Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    hahaa i know, i forgot to make that point in my post as well, i was just talkign to my friend who watched the show with me about it, Cena can't wrestle my arse. that whole show was awesome, all the crazy ladder matches and spots and whatever, Mark Henry totally wasting the big shows leg and the airport luggage buggy they used to carry him away was hilarious, Randy Orton losing his mind and totally destroying Christian. All entirely awesome, but the main event by far and away was the best match on the show. Incredible. One of the best ever. I was kind of cynical about the whole leadup with Cena all "people are goign to talk about this match for years", but he proved my miserable ass wrong. Loved the whole thing.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I don't care for Meltzer's star ratings, I have my own system whereby I awarded it a world record 38 stars. Nonetheless, it's a five star match. And it's why I get the ****s with the IWC, because they're giving it ****1/2 and ****. **** right off, what would have made it better? Yeah, exactly.

Cena is the best in the world at what he does. And Punk can say the same. Two absolutely different but amazing guys, given 35 minutes to shine and OWNING it.

I believe they are very close mates in real life and I think that always helps a match like that. ****ing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Oh and another thing, the Chicago crowd were AMAZING. Right from the first match they were so hot, it made the whole thing so much better, the atmosphere was awesome. The main event was one of the craziest crowd performances ever, it was so good. and that random guy with the PONCE sign is my absolute ****ing hero, cracked me up every time I saw it. Ponce is my favourite random insult word, and just to see some random yank with a ponce sign made the whole event for me.

John Cena Can't wrestle, a slow stiff is what he is.

If Punk was given a Worthy Adversary, it would have been crazy

The Only thing Cena has is that Grown men don't like him

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    sounds like MITB was all kinds of awesome..Gotta watch it this sunday.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by cricman View Post
    John Cena Can't wrestle, a slow stiff is what he is.

If Punk was given a Worthy Adversary, it would have been crazy

The Only thing Cena has is that Grown men don't like him
    Absolute nonsense. Anyone who thinks the quality of Sunday's match was just down to Punk needs to open their other eye.

Cena consistently delivers but because he has a sloppy STF people say he can't wrestle. He's hung with everyone going. Cena very rarely has a bad match on PPV and can take almost anyone to a good match.

People seem to mix up the way he is booked and what he's actually capable of. Absolute joke.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    What an absolutely fantastic PPV. I absolutely bought this one and watched it live and I can say it was worth every cent. The two MITB matches were off the chart! Nobody has mentioned but Daniel Bryan winning the Smackdown MITB made it worth buying the PPV alone! So proud of Bryan and it's a great moment for him. I hope he's not the first one to lose it and that he'll eventually be a World Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

Alberto Del Rio winning the Raw MITB was a logical choice. It was a rough looking match but had some spectacular spots with Rey getting unmasked towards the end. The Chicago crowd were just hot all night long and were booing Rey Mysterio and cheering The Miz. Unbelievable crowd responses and Rey's unmasking towards the end made this a really entertaining match.

The Randy Orton vs Christian match was terrific and the finish was perfect for the story. Loved the way Christian won by DQ and the way that Randy Orton just went nuts. Brilliant way to add more heat to their story. Can't wait to see where this goes on Smackdown. Congratulations are in order for Christian as he's now a two time World Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

But to cap it all off, what drama, what excitement, what intensity in that epic main event. John Cena and CM Punk should be commended. That match exceeded expectations and the finish was outstanding. CM Punk was over like I've never heard anyone be over. There was only one man Chicago came to see and that was CM Punk. Absolutely brilliant! The right man won and I can't wait to see what happens next. CM Punk fleeing through the Chicago crowd with the WWE Championship while Vince McMahon was left fuming was absolutely brilliant.

Well done WWE. This was one of the very best PPV's in a very long time.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

I really enjoyed Raw. Punk and Triple H confrontation at the start of the show was fascinating and a match between the two is now inevitable somewhere down the line.

What I love is that Punk actually is the anti-hero. The Cena fans actually hate him and the Cena haters love him, almost without exception. He is anti-authority, but in a cocky, arrogant way - not in a cool, Randy Orton way.
    Last edited by Manee; 02-08-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

It's said that while WWE fully recognizes how hot CM Punk is right now and realizes his long-term potential, the real focus for the payoff of RAW's top storyline will be putting Triple H over.
    What.

In other, much more hilarously awesome news:

‪Kenny Omega vs 9 Year Old Haruka‬‏ - YouTube

What a little beast. If I ever have a daughter, I want one just like that.

Solid Raw. Not quite up to the level of previous weeks, but still pretty good. Some top work by Cena and Punk on the mic. This is nearing as good as it gets. The intensity is just superb and it is clear that neither is being scripted either, as they do drift off topic a fair bit to try to respond to the audience or the flow of the situation. Safe to say Punk got the audience in the palm of his hand with an obscenely loud CM Punk chant, but Cena certainly did a fair job to a crowd who were always going to be hostile to him. Punk brought up the firings up Kozlov and Masters to call Triple H and Johnny Ace cowards. It really was pretty intense stuff, I enjoyed it.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Watching Smackdown. Love how Michael Cole's gone all badass
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

I'm not digging Triple H so far but the final segment of Raw was amazing, 10/10. Hoping Triple H can become an awesome heel authority figure from all of this, given that Punk & Cena are both basically faces.

Cena raised a good point. Punk cannot lose. All his momentum is gone if he loses clean.

Reports from house shows are that Sheamus is changing his theme to this. It is okay but it is hardly his original music. I do hope they change it back.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information