• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
Cover Drive Man and I just got the Network in order to watch some old matches. Massive library of old footage on there. Worth the money just for those old PPVs.

Edit: I remember that moment Sledger. Why would Cole bother saying that? Just remembered this other CITI moment of success from Cole: "keep track of Jerry's health by checking the WWE App!"

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
IMO a lot of the PPVS around 98-99 were trash, save for some gun main events.

2000 and 2001 was the best time for PPVs. Watched the full lot a few years back and even random stuff I didn't remember was great, like HHH V Kane in a chain match for the IC title which i assumed would be dog turd.

I'd actually say most of the PPVs now are better quality overall than in the 'golden' era because the overall roster is better, they just don't have the money men at the top
Yeah, but Raw was even worse, considering it was the only two hours of TV programming at the height of the crash TV era.

Pretty much agreed with the rest.

Just watching RAW from last week. Love how Cena's threat to the authority is "I will win the WWE title at Royal Rumble and then refuse to appear on RAW until you reinstate the people you fired."

Because yeah...having a WWE champ who is barely ever on the show has really hurt the authority so much over the last 6 months or so...
We're also supposed to forget that his entire beef with Rock was "I'm here every night and you're not".

As for my sources, lol.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Damn, I wish Lesnar was full-time.

Just watched the end of last night's RAW, and the way he just took to the ring and absolutely cleaned house was really awesome. Not many guys can do that sort of thing and make it look so legit/impressive.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Can never get over his voice. It's just, amazingly weird. In a really gun way.

"Isn't that right Gorgeous George?"

"Mmmhmmm"

:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh wow I've just stumbled on this:

"I bet I'm the only guy that ever said no to doing your wife"

:laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps I am being greedy. Last night's RAW was decent but I cant help think that it could have been much better.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe when spoken by your coarse tongue.
Yeah, or when both words are pronounced properly

Seriously struggling to grasp how even people with ****ed up accents (eg people from southern England or Australia) could not make those words rhyme

I think Dan is going to have to resign as a mod over this tbh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of rhyming words, I just came across this:

Not sure how I've never seen this before, but this is pretty much the worst post-attitude era segment I have ever seen.

JR is just terrible :laugh:

"It's meant to rhyme JR"

"oh..ok....Michael Cole...I should be calling RAW, because you ain't got no talent.... Michael Cole you kissed the King's feet...so now you can kiss my.....ass"

wtf

Love how the fans actually start booing JR, the face, at the end as well. And then he storms off saying "I never said I was a rapper" :laugh:

Last edited: