• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
That's great from Matt. Bray though has no heat whatsoever atm which is concern, that guy can kill anyone's heat sadly.

Also should give to a shout out to Elias, never going to close Mania, but the dude has been generating some decent heel heat which is something that many others are struggling to do. Props.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Smackdown stuff with Sami/Owens/Shane/DBry feels unusually like long term storyline booking. Even Nakamura and Orton is sorta feeling that way. Smackdown hasn't been brilliant recently but I'm very interested in where they're going with some of the angles.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah it could go many ways which is a good thing compared to the bland ****fest that will be Roman beating Brock at Mania.
ATM I suspect they are turning Bryan and trying to cool him down before he leaves.

Niall

International Coach
And so the great Jinder adventure ends with HHH going over
Not a massive Jinder fan, but after spending six months building him up and this supposedly the biggest match in Indian wrestling history he loses to a part timer.

but heh, sure he looked great in defeat. :mellow:

Niall

International Coach
The more you guys post about him losing to HHH, the more likely he is to take the title back from AJ
Always a 50/50 chance no matter what happened last night.

Obvious call is they will "swerve " us, by having the brothers interfere on his behalf in the PPV match.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I'm going to subscribe to NJPW World for WK12, and funnily enough I don't care that much about Omega v Jericho.

I just want to see Naito win the title. Been going through some past stuff, and his entire story and journey has been utterly fascinating.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
HANDSOME RUSEV.

Am I the only one that wants to see a brutal fued between Orton and Owens? Like a proper 4-6 month fued where they have multiple matches and war over the title belt? Culminate it in Hell in a Cell or something, would be an awesome fued IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I also think that Vince/Shane/DBry have sat down and agreed to a comeback for DBry at Mania.

#conspiracytheory

Athlai

Not Terrible
Glad the experiment is over and we get the real champ properly again. Wonder what they have in store for Jinder next?

Ziggler? against the Bollywood Boyz?

Niall

International Coach
I dunno what the long term angle is with Bryan. Vince is obviously wary of bringing him back, still think they are trying to cool him off before he goes. If he was to come back and wrestle, I'd like to see him wrestle someone who is not a 50 year old part time overweight spot monkey, but heh can't risk the full time roster in such high profile Mania matches.

A strange show that, opening match was solid, tag match a little messy, but finished nicely and had lots to like. Rusev and English were over Uso's are ****ing awesome and you can see why the likes of Meltzer rate Gable so high, there is serious potential there.

The ladies match was even worse than expected, Lumberjack matches are nearly always duds and if you have a hack like Natalya involved you are doomed. The match had no heat,, the girls outside were clueless and even the attempted cash in did not excite the crowd. Natalya crowned of a stinker of a performance by messing up pretending to cry. She is without doubt one of the biggest frauds on the roster. Doesn't do good matches, gets no heat and has never drew a dime and somehow still on top of the card despite a roster stacked with hungry young girls with more spark than her ready to go.

The squash I didn't watch, Harper and Rowen are talented, but that gimmick won't get them far.

Main event tag match was odd, nobody did anything wrong,, but didn't really get going until the end. The last few minutes were a cluster****, but that was to be expected and I was ok with it. Plenty of angles for them afterwards which is a good thing.

The main event was so-so, Jinder worked hard, but right now I feel he is not ready to main event whatsoever. Let him go back to the mid card and try to rebuild him, still a young dude tbf.

Also props to him for never getting caught for juicing.:ph34r:

I assume we get AJ v Shin at Mania now which will be great, heck even if somehow Cena wins the Rumble we know from there history the match will be off the charts. It will be interesting to see who he defends against at The Rumble though, maybe Lashley? Does not seem an obvious contender to eat the pin.

Niall

International Coach
Glad the experiment is over and we get the real champ properly again. Wonder what they have in store for Jinder next?

Ziggler? against the Bollywood Boyz?
Those two are awesome, let them work as a tag team, think they could get over easily if you give them time.