• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
2k18 is pretty good. Has received underwhelming reviews, but seems they are mostly due to there not being many differences from last year's installment. As someone who didn't play last year's that obvs doesn't bother me.

May post highlights from Universe mode.

First episode of RAW involved me having Braun absolutely murder TJP by press slamming him throigh a table. V satisfying.

Niall

International Coach
Credit where its due, the booking of Sami has been very good. He seems to have kept his same personality and you get the feeling if they keep this up when he turns face again he will be super over.

If I cared that much about Bobby Rhoode I'd be fuming however, buried he isn't, but he really should be squashing Dolph rather than the ****show that we are getting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should be a heel. Can understand why they debuted him as a face, because he was going to get cheered regardless, but yeah this is no good. Working with Ziggler is a bit of a kiss of death at this point. A bit like working with Wyatt.

Niall

International Coach
The issue is they have to get rid of that theme tune if they want him as heel surely?

And TBH that's the best thing about him.:mellow:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm very intrigued by the idea floated on Solomonster's pod for Sami winning the Rumble with Owen's help and then doing the HHH vs Orton/Batista thing where he doesn't expect Sami to challenge him for the belt.

Niall

International Coach
4/1 the heels in the main event for TLC, surely that's a bet? I don't see how they drum up heat for the rematch at SS,,,I dunno maybe make it 3 v 10? :huh:

Niall

International Coach
AJ replacing Bray and Kurt replacing Roman:-O

Hope Roman and Bray are ok, but probably makes the card much more interesting now I suppose.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Oh yeah its sound brutal, hope they get better soon.

Its a strange PPV now, obviously Angle and AJ make this much more exciting, but Christ you'd have thought they would have wanted to build the return of Kurt more than this to the ring.

AJ v Finn hasn't happened before in WWE either I think.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh yeah its sound brutal, hope they get better soon.

Its a strange PPV now, obviously Angle and AJ make this much more exciting, but Christ you'd have thought they would have wanted to build the return of Kurt more than this to the ring.

AJ v Finn hasn't happened before in WWE either I think.
Really? The Shield reunion was the only thing I gave a **** about on the whole card and now that's done. It's one of those "read the results to see if it's worth watching" cards now.

Spikey

It's looking like they've pissed away the shield reunion, Angle's return, and Finn/Styles for......what?

OverratedSanity

It's looking like they've pissed away the shield reunion, Angle's return, and Finn/Styles for......what?
Haha yep, they've screwed up 3 huge angles in one go. Woeful stuff. Did they really have no one else but Kurt to take that spot? Seems like a massive waste.

OverratedSanity

Also is Kurt even fit enough to do this? I guess they'd have done their medical checks properly but it kind of blows my mind that they won't let DB wrestle but are perfectly OK with Angle getting back in there. It's odd tstl. Kurt has had some awful neck issues.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They didn't have much of an option tbh. I mean, the show has been advertised as a Shield reunion and Roman's out -- you can't do the usual thing and replace him with Big Show and hope it all works out. You literally end up with no draw.

Kurt's return gives them a big alternate selling point, while AJ-Finn will probably hold onto a lot of the viewers who might have skipped over the PPV after the Shield was off the table (and the people watching for that match don't need on-screen build).

Anyway, hopefully this drives a 4-on-3 Club vs Shield feud longer-term.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Credit to WWE for announcing it prior to the actual show, could’ve easily just left it day of and announced Elias vs. Balor and like Apollo Crews or Slater and Rhyno jreplacing Roman. (Wow serious lack of faces for Raw, really Balor for Roman would’ve probably made enough sense).

I’m personally way more interested in the show now.

Though part of me thinks Balor vs. Styles will finish with a Wyatt video interruption or something.

Athlai

Not Terrible
They didn't have much of an option tbh. I mean, the show has been advertised as a Shield reunion and Roman's out -- you can't do the usual thing and replace him with Big Show and hope it all works out. You literally end up with no draw.

Kurt's return gives them a big alternate selling point, while AJ-Finn will probably hold onto a lot of the viewers who might have skipped over the PPV after the Shield was off the table (and the people watching for that match don't need on-screen build).

Anyway, hopefully this drives a 4-on-3 Club vs Shield feud longer-term.
Rollins and Ambrose coming up the ramp at the end of the show, battle worn (win or lose) and coming face to face with Balor and AJ?
FMD. Why is the world not actually cool enough for that to happen.