• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The show really did exceed expectations. And without matches from Breeze or Kidd. It is not as if they are stretching themselves to the limit here, they still have cards to play. Heck, they didn't even blow off the Dempsey and Corbin feud (which surely will be a disappointing match but who cares). Even their resident jobber (CJ Parker) is an entertaining character who has star potential and was very impressive when I saw him at Wrestlemania Axxess - that palm strike is brutal! I think NXT has been a bit lucky with the talent that has been out there for them to immediately acquire but they sure have managed it all very well!
This is what happened to Parker's hand after he hit Owens.

Jesus

OverratedSanity

TLC was complete dog**** btw. Only good matches were Ziggler/Harper, as expected, and Bray/Amrbose which was decent.

And Cena vs Brock ... we haven't seen that before :yawn:

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Kevin Owens' performance at NXT raises an important question: how agile is "agile for a big guy"? That complement is one which has been used persistently for the past five or so years with Owens, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and countless others receiving that badge of honour. But maybe this is just because wrestling as a whole has evolved since the 1990s. This has been seen with (this post seems to read like an academic essay) Adrian Neville doing things that Rey Mysterio could only dream of (e.g: corkscrew shooting star press), or Daniel Bryan's successful blending of traditional submission wrestling as well as quicker, high flyer based moves- an aspect which Bryan beats both Bret and Owen Hart at. Seeings as wrestling does appear to evolve- for lack of a better word- then what's the current stage for big guy's agility?

Samoa Joe, Luke Harper, Kevin Owens and Big E can all do suicide dives. Joe and Owens can both do impressive flips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpsD1mXeFQM ). Harper can do a hurricanrana. Etc. Seeings as these moves are evidently becoming more common, then they must be part of a repertoire of an agile big guy. Going from the WWE's roster, that fits Big E, Harper, Owens and maybe others who I've forgot in that bracket. What do you think, what does someone need to be able to do to be today's equivalent of Vader? Here's Vader with a moonsault to (fellow agile sorta big guy) Kenta Kobashi:

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Can't see how Lesnar can even come close to someone like Samoa Joe in terms of athleticism and agility. Joe's slowed down a lot in the last 5 years apparently. But in RoH and his initial TNA run, he was a freak unlike any I've ever seen.

andmark

International Captain
I'd consider Rusev to be the best striker in wrestling history and moves like that show why.

Lesnar was a complete anomaly. He was someone who could do belly-to-belly suplexes to Big Show and do a shooting star press. The thing which goes against Lesnar is that's about as far as his jumping went (whereas Samoa Joe had all sorts of cool stuff he could do), and even then he was only full time for about two years- and his current part time run doesn't really add to his case- and so we can't see his longevity in the same way we can with Samoa Joe.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, that's a point but at the moment his striking is on another level to anyone else. If he can keep it up for a few years then there mustn't be any doubt that he is/was the best

OverratedSanity

A bit premature to be calling Rusev the best of anything. He's been around for about 5 minutes.
Haha yeah too early for that. The thing with Rusev is that he's improved a ridiculous amount in the last year or so... Become more believable on his offense and has added some amazing athletic moves like that dropkic. I'd love for him to go up against someone like Zayn when he comes through to the main roster. Woukd be a great feud to start with for Zayn as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Heh.

I generally like Lansberg's show, think he's a good interviewer. But he's a dick, and jokingly or not he mocked Punk right at the start of the interview. Got what he deserved.

OverratedSanity

Just came across this by chance when I was browsing this evening. One of my all time favourite mark the **** out moments

Jericho was easily the best thing about the WWE at the time, along with Edge, and it was just incredible to see him finally win a world title again. Especially as it came on a night when he got the piss beaten out of him by HBK. The whole feud with Michaels is one of my favourites... such brutal stuff. This ultimately led to my favourite ladder match too... HBK vs Y2J at No Mercy.

This match itself was nothing special, but man, that ending. ATG swerve.

andmark

International Captain
That's something Punk will bring to UFC- brilliant promos. Chael Sonnen tried it (fairly successfully in fairness), but Punk could take it to another level

andmark

International Captain
There's some bizarre news about Adrian Neville going around on the wrestling sites. It's a potential spoiler and so I won't post it, but my word, it is ****ing bizarre- even by WWE standards.

Mike5181

International Captain
There's some bizarre news about Adrian Neville going around on the wrestling sites. It's a potential spoiler and so I won't post it, but my word, it is ****ing bizarre- even by WWE standards.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh my god. Well, that's his career over.

Mike5181

International Captain
Yeah, actually reading a bit more on it, it sounds as though he'll just be a bit like Rey Mysterio. A smaller guy that can realistically beat some of the bigger guys.