• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Bahseph

State Captain
Nah, this should be a good solid 10-15 mins.

In many ways it's kind of a dream match, and unless it's a real hoot we probably won't see it again for ages, if ever. The only reason the Goldberg match was so short is because Bill was gassed by the end and not able to work a more complicated match. Joe is basically in his prime and capable of working an intricate and varied match.

Joe loses obviously, but if this is booked well and he's made to look like a real threat he could come out of this with some super elevated cred and star power, and that will ultimately benefit the entire WWE product.
This could work too. Anything but a squash is fine imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This could work too. Anything but a squash is fine imo.
It won't be a squash, I think that much is certain.

Joe squashing Lesnar just won't happen, and Lesnar squashing Joe would be mega dumb (not that that's stopped the E before I guess, but hey).

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, this should be a good solid 10-15 mins.

In many ways it's kind of a dream match, and unless it's a real hoot we probably won't see it again for ages, if ever. The only reason the Goldberg match was so short is because Bill was gassed by the end and not able to work a more complicated match. Joe is basically in his prime and capable of working an intricate and varied match.

Joe loses obviously, but if this is booked well and he's made to look like a real threat he could come out of this with some super elevated cred and star power, and that will ultimately benefit the entire WWE product.
Joe's definitely not in his prime athletically...I mean, I don't think he can pull off the kind of absurd planchas he used to, but you're right that it needs to be a longer match. Joe is the complete opposite of Goldberg... won't get gassed, has tons of variety in his offence, and can put in a great performance over 20 minutes or so without it being stale. Would be a huge waste if it was a suplex fest. These two are probably the two most athletic big guys I've ever seen, and it needs to be done justice.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah sorry, should have been more clear. Not in his prime physically, but in terms of character/psychology and so on, he's close to being the best he has ever been imo.

And yeah, completely agree re: suplex fest. These are two guys who between them have a huge amount of talent. If this really is a one and done deal before Lesnar moves on to Strowman, it will be massively disappointing if the E booking team don't at least try to make it memorable.

That said, having thought about it, in many ways I think Joe being straight up squashed would be better than them doing a Dean Ambrose style match. Him losing in seconds after being taken by surprise would make him look better than him just being thrown around and make to look like a loser for 5 minutes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The NJPW schedule is still making me think Omega/Okada are likely going to be unbeaten up to their match (or at worst with a loss each, one losing to Suzuki and one losing to Elgin maybe). Block A though, all 4 of those guys are likely going to be neck and neck.

August 11 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

A-Block: Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

August 12 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

B-Block: Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki
B-Block: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I haven't been able to watch it yet, but it's fascinating that ROH is still managing to just hold onto it's quality PPVs, despite losing so many pieces
Let me know what you think, thought there was some very good matches but I'm a bit of a Cody mark atm so yeah. Thought the tag title match was a little disappointing but quite enjoyed the rest of the matches. Scurll vs. Kushida was great.

Shri

Mr. Glass
So is Braun a face or a heel? They are piping in the boos but he seems to get huge pops every time he gets out there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Braun is pretty clearly a monster heel that when fighting Reigns that could very easily transition to being a monster face when he is pointed at another heel. Crowd loves him like they loved Kane when he first appeared and wrecked ****. Credit to Reigns for making Braun look awesome, Reigns has had a pretty great last 12 months.

indiaholic

International Captain
This is downright amazing. What should i search for to find more matches in this style? Any promotions that specialize in this?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Okada is so good he makes me want to see Cody vs. Omega.

It's a feud that's sort of built on neither being as good as Okada. #wrestling

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is downright amazing. What should i search for to find more matches in this style? Any promotions that specialize in this?

Sorry I can't help with current promotions, although I don't really follow MMA/shoot stuff. That was from Inoki's promotion which I think is dead. Historically, I guess you've got the actual MMA (but sometimes worked) promotions of Pancrase and PRIDE. WK9 had a match between Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki which was basically worked shoot style. That match was under UWFi rules which was a promotion in the 90's. Some of their stuff is on the RealHero archive. I thought Barnett and Suzuki had a match somewhere but perhaps I'm confusing Barnett's admiration of Suzuki with an actual match.

I guess check out Hideki's Cagematch page and see if there's anything interesting in the reviews and check the the RealHero archive

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just finishing up the G1 Special now. There has been some awesome matches here, great show overall. Even the bull**** 8 and 10-mans were pretty good. Ospreay is so good.

EDIT: Loved the Cody-Okada match. Was a really fun watch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Weekly WWE shows have picked up a lot. They even made a rap battle be pretty damn good. Heel usos are the best.