• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid Raw. Not quite up to the level of previous weeks, but still pretty good. Some top work by Cena and Punk on the mic. This is nearing as good as it gets. The intensity is just superb and it is clear that neither is being scripted either, as they do drift off topic a fair bit to try to respond to the audience or the flow of the situation. Safe to say Punk got the audience in the palm of his hand with an obscenely loud CM Punk chant, but Cena certainly did a fair job to a crowd who were always going to be hostile to him. Punk brought up the firings up Kozlov and Masters to call Triple H and Johnny Ace cowards. It really was pretty intense stuff, I enjoyed it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not digging Triple H so far but the final segment of Raw was amazing, 10/10. Hoping Triple H can become an awesome heel authority figure from all of this, given that Punk & Cena are both basically faces.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Cena raised a good point. Punk cannot lose. All his momentum is gone if he loses clean.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Reports from house shows are that Sheamus is changing his theme to this. It is okay but it is hardly his original music. I do hope they change it back.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man that is so much better. Wrestlers need a hook to start their theme, and Sheamus didn't have it. Fits his gimmick a heap better, too.

EDIT: Actually, that doesn't have a great start either...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man that is so much better. Wrestlers need a hook to start their theme, and Sheamus didn't have it. Fits his gimmick a heap better, too.

EDIT: Actually, that doesn't have a great start either...
There have been a fair few new themes around. Daniel Bryan is using the Night of Champions song called 'Freefall' which is okay. Dolph Ziggler is using Downstait's awesome remix of his old theme and the New Nexus have Justin Gabriel's old theme called 'Power' which suits them as a group of ****y heels who no one cares about.

cover drive man

International Captain
I'm not digging Triple H so far but the final segment of Raw was amazing, 10/10. Hoping Triple H can become an awesome heel authority figure from all of this, given that Punk & Cena are both basically faces.
Yeah, I hope he can pull it off. One of the top things that made McMahon so entertainingly irritating though was that any of the fellas he messed with could have easily have kicked his arse in a match. There's no way Triple H can even try to have that demeanour or his whole previous career would become pointless. So we can be pretty sure that he'll be going down a new route for a bad guy owner.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Holy Summerslam Batman

What a crazy ending.

My only complaint would be that Cena should have floored Triple H for such a ****ty call. Hopefully he's letting Triple H's "I'm your boss" **** and other such nonsense build up and it will all come out in a pile of rage.

Alberto though, it's his destiny, see?

And Kevin Nash. LOL!

Majin

International Debutant
Just finished watching it, oh my god xD I was loving the main event, Punk wins, and then Diesel out of nowhere, I seriously died so unbelievably hard. Re-watched that like 10 times, didn't even wait til Del Rio won the title before rewinding it, it was that hilariously random and godly.

But yeah, awesome ending. gutted I didn't watch until now, missed the first half of Raw.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Raw was good, but had a certain TNA-ness to it. It will avoid becoming TNA though, if these loose ends and unanswered questions are answered coherently and without too many swerves.

Also, R Truth's new theme - EPIC.

cover drive man

International Captain
Watching raw. Gotta laugh at the self-important losers trying to make some sort of point by booing John Cena.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wait... wait... wait...

is Diesel back?

No, not Kevin Nash... but Diesel?

If he is, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

cover drive man

International Captain
Night of champions prediction: Triple H heel turn using Kevin Nash to beat CM Punk. In cahoots all along as the saying goes...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That is the likely thing to happen. The unlikely thing is that Nash joins Punk and turns on Triple H. If that happens, I will be tremendously unimpressed.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Night of Champions was fun. Bit crazy and fans tend to dislike overbooking, but I found it enjoyable. Raw was also pretty fun. Good ending.