• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wow Orton refusing to fight Bray at Wrestlemania leading to a Battle Royal for the new number 1 contender spot at Mania?

This is genuinely quite awesome booking. Harper vs. Orton vs. Wyatt incoming and im going to ****ing love it.

The slow burn of this feud has been surprisingly gun. Credit to Orton here for doing so much to elevate Wyatt and Harper (in b4 he destroys them easily at Mania and they fall into Midcard hell)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow Orton refusing to fight Bray at Wrestlemania leading to a Battle Royal for the new number 1 contender spot at Mania?

This is genuinely quite awesome booking. Harper vs. Orton vs. Wyatt incoming and im going to ****ing love it.

i was this close to making a post yesterday saying it's gonna be fun to see what matches Bray gets put in leading up to WM. I had Bray/Randy vs Cena/Harper in a tag for today, then Bray vs Cena at some point and then the triple threat at some point, which would have been a stacked run. i guess we'll still get a Bray/Randy vs Cena/Harper tag

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Shibata-Ospreay was fun. And by fun I mean Shibata is a super crazy psycho machine who looks like he genuinely wants to kill people.

Athlai

Not Terrible
i was this close to making a post yesterday saying it's gonna be fun to see what matches Bray gets put in leading up to WM. I had Bray/Randy vs Cena/Harper in a tag for today, then Bray vs Cena at some point and then the triple threat at some point, which would have been a stacked run. i guess we'll still get a Bray/Randy vs Cena/Harper tag
Well if Cena vs Miz happens we may get something odder like Miz/Orton vs. Cena/Harper and Wyatt/Corbin vs. Harper/Ambrose. Would enjoy both a lot tbh. Struggling to think of how they could work Styles in which would be great, but if he's set on a feud with Shane, I don't see Shane wrestling till Mania.

Maybe Shane/Bryan has Styles face the Wyatts in a heel vs. heel matchup? Similar to how Undertaker used to be used as a punishment for heels. Ziggler/Styles vs. Wyatt/Orton

Looking forward to the top of the card stuff leading up to Mania. Corbin and Ambrose seem to have chemistry, Miz and Cena have both been on fire. Harper Orton and Wyatt are beginning to really come alive and AJ Styles is the best in the world.

I think the Smackdown women have been pretty solid too but wouldn't want any specific match to be on Mania, maybe a ladder match? They're doing a good job of making everyone matter.

Well... Not in the tag division. Alpha just too dominant.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Alpha are dominant in a division that is basically total **** tbh. Well, maybe not total ****, but it is a super weak division.

Desperately need to get the Revival in there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well scumbag Usos and Alpha was done pretty poorly first time round, looks like they're having a second go now but it's after the Usos have already lost so many times. But yeah The Revival are sorely needed, wondering what will become of Rowan too, thought Harper Rowan may have made a great big hoss tag team either face or heel, but it looks like Harper is getting a singles run.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it was poorly done, which is a shame. The Usos are great, but them vs Alpha has been done to death like you say. Rowan should probably be cut from the company tbh, or sent back to NXT, the guy doesn't really have anything going for him. Harper is a gun and would be wasted being paired up with him again.

Mike5181

International Captain
The tag division is definitely the worst thing about the Smackdown brand. Vaudevillains, Breezango, Ascension, Slater/Rhyno, Hype Bros, etc. Most of them are just really low level guys. Even American Alpha, without the crutch of the NXT setting, feel like a shell of their former selves.

They need more segments dedicated to showing the characters/personalities of the teams. Not the overly rehearsed backstage stuff, but actual in ring promos, contract signings, etc. I can't even remember the last time AA did that. It worked wonders for the women. Now you have like half a dozen credible performers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The tag division is definitely the worst thing about the Smackdown brand. Vaudevillains, Breezango, Ascension, Slater/Rhyno, Hype Bros, etc. Most of them are just really low level guys. Even American Alpha, without the crutch of the NXT setting, feel like a shell of their former selves.

They need more segments dedicated to showing the characters/personalities of the teams. Not the overly rehearsed backstage stuff, but actual in ring promos, contract signings, etc. I can't even remember the last time AA did that. It worked wonders for the women. Now you have like half a dozen credible performers.
Yeah and it's hardly like there isn't talent in those teams, the majority of them may never have enough in them to deserve a push for a mid tier singles title but they're not total spuds either.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I miss the time when we used to have main event singles guys face top tag teams in tag matches and the tag teams always entered as favorites coz they have been a "team". Its like in tennis, having two top ranked singles players take on a top ranked doubles team in doubles. Too bad that kind of logical thinking and booking seems to have become taboo these days.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I miss the time when we used to have main event singles guys face top tag teams in tag matches and the tag teams always entered as favorites coz they have been a "team". Its like in tennis, having two top ranked singles players take on a top ranked doubles team in doubles. Too bad that kind of logical thinking and booking seems to have become taboo these days.
Did that ever really happen though?