• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, decent segment I thought.

Edit: Jericho putting Tom Brady on the list was pretty lolsy too.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
30 for 30 on the XFL is out! So hyped for it!
Watched it last night, it was great. Very interesting insights into how they marketed it to the hilt and why it failed.

But my favourite bit about it is that it reminded everyone of Vince's interview with Bob Costas, which is just hilarious as ****.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oldberg with a title shot in 2017?

I mean I'll give it a chance but it's not exactly exciting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oldberg with a title shot in 2017?

I mean I'll give it a chance but it's not exactly exciting.
Solomonster had some interesting thoughts on this. He basically said that Goldberg vs Lesnar needs the strap. Not to improve the feud or to make either guy look better, but on the basis that if the Universal Title is not a part of that feud then the belt itself will look like crap if its relegated to the undercard (which it would be if it wasn't in the Goldberg/Brock match).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they had built Goldberg/Brock as WWE thing that goes across brands then maybe it could have gone on last without a belt, but it's all been on Raw anyway so yeah it probably needs the belt. at least KO drops it to a part timer...?

OverratedSanity

Watched it last night, it was great. Very interesting insights into how they marketed it to the hilt and why it failed.

But my favourite bit about it is that it reminded everyone of Vince's interview with Bob Costas, which is just hilarious as ****.

Even at his craziest, you can't help but admire Vince.

"May I never ever be thought of as ****in legit" :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I just watched a few XFL vids on YouTube, and none other than Mike Adamle shows up to present some of the shows, WAFG :laugh:

OverratedSanity

The whole power failure incident was probably my favourite bit. Forgetting to refuel the generators. :laugh:

Pretty sure Vince must've killed the guy responsible.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I knew Ventura commentated, I never realised he did it whilst he was Governor. Thought it was before or after :laugh:

duffer

Solomonster had some interesting thoughts on this. He basically said that Goldberg vs Lesnar needs the strap. Not to improve the feud or to make either guy look better, but on the basis that if the Universal Title is not a part of that feud then the belt itself will look like crap if its relegated to the undercard (which it would be if it wasn't in the Goldberg/Brock match).
Yeah, I think I'm dreading what kind of match they'll put on in the first place (ie I'm predicting an atrocity). Making it a title match and a main event on top of that?

Shri

Mr. Glass
There has been enough time for him to prepare for it right? Will be fine if he doesn't gas out like Batista did during his return.

duffer

There has been enough time for him to prepare for it right? Will be fine if he doesn't gas out like Batista did during his return.
You're more optimistic than me Shri.

Anyways more Meltzer:

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, (via wrestlinginc.com), Undertaker was said to be “really hurting” after Sunday’s Royal Rumble PPV. Undertaker had minor hip surgery back in the fall of 2016; word is that Undertaker will need a full hip replacement, but has been trying to put that off until he retires. The minor surgery he had was a temporary fix.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha wat, Goldberg is like 50 years old and hasn't really wrestled at all for ten years. It's not really a comparable scenario.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You're more optimistic than me Shri.

Anyways more Meltzer:

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, (via wrestlinginc.com), Undertaker was said to be “really hurting” after Sunday’s Royal Rumble PPV. Undertaker had minor hip surgery back in the fall of 2016; word is that Undertaker will need a full hip replacement, but has been trying to put that off until he retires. The minor surgery he had was a temporary fix.
I'm dreading both Goldberg/Brock and the Taker match to be honest. I suspect Taker can still be carried to a good match, but it's just plain sad to see him hobbling around like he can barely stand up straight.

Unless they are going to turn Reigns heel in that match then the whole thing could be one of the most ill-judged matches of all time.

duffer

Taker was moving like Khali during the Rumble, not sure Roman can save this. Vince would so turn Taker heel before Reigns at this point in time too.

Yeah, so two of their marquee matches are going to bomb as it stands. Not optimistic.

OverratedSanity

There's actually rumours Batista could be coming back as a replacement for Rollins for the WM match vs HHH. The show's going to be an even bigger trainwreck if that happens.

OverratedSanity

Taker was moving like Khali during the Rumble, not sure Roman can save this. Vince would so turn Taker heel before Reigns at this point in time too.

Yeah, so two of their marquee matches are going to bomb as it stands. Not optimistic.
Lot of big names though.... Doubt they care much about the quality of matches if Goldberg/Batista can bring viewers in

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Will be good timing from Dave to promote Guardians Vol. 2 though....

And am I the only who is smelling a MITB cash in, all over this Lesnar-Goldberg match?