• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Cena-Miz feud and match is what I'm looking forward to the most. And if that isn't a damming indictment of the card I don't know what is.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't get the hate for this card, infinitely better than last years.

HHH vs Reigns (babyface)
Jericho vs AJ (babyface)
Ambrose vs. Lesnar
Charlotte vs Sasha vs Becky
League of Nations vs New Day (non title)
Undertaker vs Shane

I'd take almost all of this year's card over anything from last year. The exception is the Women's match and on paper Lesnar vs Ambrose in a street fight is about as cool s Goldberg vs Lesnar, but even then the build with Goldberg has been really well done.

Shane vs AJ sounds like it could be amazing honestly. Would be as close as we get to Kurt vs Shane again.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol... If we only consider last year's WM, then bar is pretty low. This year they have Goldberg, Cena and Orton available, why can't they just do a better job?

OverratedSanity

Yeah exactly, last year's wasn't exactly difficult to top.

On the other hand, low expectations are a good thing sometimes, WM 31's build was lackluster and that turned out to be a great show. I just hope AJ gets a big match, he deserves it.

Spikey

Okada/Suzuki is on soonish btw. Possible title change, I think.
this was really good. saturday's show should be better overall (Ospreay vs Shibata > Geto vs Juice) so I didn't bother promoting tonight, but definitely catch this

Mike5181

International Captain
My Internet tapped out just before the main event, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow. Goto/Juice was surprisingly good and that Yano tag match was really fun, too.

Some of those Suzukigun guys are just, I don't know, not great? They ain't no Los Ingobernables, that's for sure.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's a horrid card.

Cena goes from winning the title in a MOTY candidate at Royal Rumble to a mixed tag against Miz & Maryse at WM :laugh:
Totally agree.

Lolled at the "passing of the torch" bit from the proposed Roman vs Undertaker match though. Unless by "passing the torch" they mean "have the crowd **** all over it after Roman wins" they are going to be seriously disappointed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The thought is Cena proposes to Nikki at WM, which will honestly be a huge moment. Miz is so hot at the moment that the program may actually be quite good too.
Will it? I imagine plenty of people (myself included) will not give a ****.

Spikey

I'm just here for Cena finally get his win back from Miz at WM...

it's bad on paper but who knows, the ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA might do a good job building it

My Internet tapped out just before the main event, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow. Goto/Juice was surprisingly good and that Yano tag match was really fun, too.

Some of those Suzukigun guys are just, I don't know, not great? They ain't no Los Ingobernables, that's for sure.

Juice is always good. Bumps like a mad man, crowd likes him, puts the over guy other. I wasn't watching bak then, but yeah all the old timers have been warning us new guys that the rest of Suzukigun aren't too flash. If they stay on the bottom like it won't be too much of a problem I suppose.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to a thread on wrestlingforum, Meltzer has this as the latest Mania card:

Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal title
Undertaker vs. Reigns. "It was noted to us that Vince McMahon had been wanting to make this match for some time. With Undertaker’s condition the way it is, this could have been the last chance to do it. There is the idea of a generational passing of the torch."
HHH vs. Seth Rollins. "Obviously this is in jeopardy right now."
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title
"The other match that is rumored that looks likely, but not confirmed is A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon."
I just realised there's no Ambrose on this card. Who's Corn Flakes did this guy piss in to get him off the main card?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just lost in the shuffle I guess. Ironic as this has, in many ways at least, been the best of his career.

Also the lack of a women's Smackdown match on that card is pretty criminal. The women's division on the blue brand has been so much better on the whole than what we've seen on RAW.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That's not going to be the full card though, it'll be another 4 hour show so be a few more matches to add. Reckon we'll have another IC Title ladder match which Ambrose will likely be in, and then everyone else'll be in the Andre Battle Royal.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's not going to be the full card though, it'll be another 4 hour show so be a few more matches to add. Reckon we'll have another IC Title ladder match which Ambrose will likely be in, and then everyone else'll be in the Andre Battle Royal.
Well, Wrestlemania 31 was a 4 hour show and it had fewer matches than what has been proposed here... Same goes for WM 30.

I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
We will, but I'd be surprised if there was no SD Women's Title, IC Ladder or Andre Battle Royal on the card. I reckon all 3 will be on there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If the card is what Meltzer has predicted I'd guess that the SD women and the Battle Royal will, at best, be relegated to the pre-show. Some tag team title matches will no doubt enjoy the same fate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dont forget 30 mins for The Rock and whoever he wants to do a program with this time.. Unless, Triple H pulls off a coup and gets him to wrestle him on the main card itself. That would be a good replacement for Seth, tbh. :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well, Wrestlemania 31 was a 4 hour show and it had fewer matches than what has been proposed here... Same goes for WM 30.

I guess we'll see.
31 also had the League of Nations vs. hall of famers (10 minutes), recap of The women's title reveal (5 minutes) and the Rocks long ass **** segment that turned into Rock vs. Rowan. (27 minutes)
Undertaker vs Shane from end to end was 50 minutes of TV as well, could have easily trimmed off 10-20 minutes and it wouldn't have made any difference. (Match was 30 minutes, HHH vs. Reigns was 27 as well)

They stretched the **** out of that mania. There's a solid hour there that could've been two fairly high profile matches with pre and post segments.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Battle Royale was only 15 minutes for the whole segment and a 10 minute match, reckon we will get a glorified Braun squash match and he wins it in 5 or something this year.

Spikey

there's no way hhh-roman was only 27. it felt like 37.

goldberg and taker and shane's matches shouldn't take up more than a hour combined tbh (not including Taker's entrance). bray-randy might be the longest thing here

Athlai

Not Terrible
there's no way hhh-roman was only 27. it felt like 37.

goldberg and taker and shane's matches shouldn't take up more than a hour combined tbh (not including Taker's entrance). bray-randy might be the longest thing here
HHH and Reigns had like 10-15 of entrances too.