• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At work so can't read up and everything, but the way Acl injures work, seth totally could have worked that segment while knowing it was injured. It actually now explains why Joe showed up because joe vs seth then seth vs hhh made no sense

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's a top of the card storyline that would involve HHH not getting in the ring probably at all until WM, having a surrogate monster made a lot of sense. Joe could've taken the win at Fastlane (with possibly a mild distraction from HHH to protect Rollins or have Rollins go into the match with an "injury" to keep him strong) and then Joe could've gone after the Universal championship holder or Strowman or a returning Balor. What else would Seth have done at Fastlane? It's been clear for a while HHH was his Wrestlemania so having him in another title feud would have been lame.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cena giving the clean win to X at Mania is going to be a great moment. :laugh: this is going to be a weird and awesome feud.

OverratedSanity

At work so can't read up and everything, but the way Acl injures work, seth totally could have worked that segment while knowing it was injured. It actually now explains why Joe showed up because joe vs seth then seth vs hhh made no sense
Nah, there's a video doing the rounds which Joe asking Seth "Are you ok" after putting him in the submission and Seth says "I hope so". **** this is sad. Missing two WMs in a row.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to a thread on wrestlingforum, Meltzer has this as the latest Mania card:

Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal title
Undertaker vs. Reigns. "It was noted to us that Vince McMahon had been wanting to make this match for some time. With Undertaker’s condition the way it is, this could have been the last chance to do it. There is the idea of a generational passing of the torch."
HHH vs. Seth Rollins. "Obviously this is in jeopardy right now."
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title
"The other match that is rumored that looks likely, but not confirmed is A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon."

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from KO vs Jericho nothing on that card does it for me and there is serious cringe material in most of those matches. They surely can't go through with that card as is?

Compton

International Debutant
That's a horrid card.

Cena goes from winning the title in a MOTY candidate at Royal Rumble to a mixed tag against Miz & Maryse at WM :laugh:

Spikey

I mean, I'm guessing John really wants to have a match with Nikki...?

It's just crazy to me that they wasted Cena's win over AJ for a month stint. For me it just seems to make sense to have AJ win again, lose the belt at the EC, Cena equals the record by beating Bray or something at some point, and the next WM is Cena going for the record against the man he's never defeated.

Obviously Vince is probably putting AJ on Raw, but man. I dunno. I guess Cena is gonna have to defeat THE BIG DOG to get the record or something

Athlai

Not Terrible
The thought is Cena proposes to Nikki at WM, which will honestly be a huge moment. Miz is so hot at the moment that the program may actually be quite good too.

Mike5181

International Captain
Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar: If there's a silver lining to this it's that Goldberg's entrance in a Wrestlemania setting will be epic. Ten Jericho bodyguards > cops though.

The match itself.... yeah. I'm not expecting a classic. The usual spamming of finishers. Goldberg will be exposed if they go too long. If they were smart they'd have Lesnar cheat a tonne in the match, just generally be a dick, and when it looks like he's about to win..... IT'S KURT ANGLE. YOU SUCK. YOU SUCK. Hits him with a suplex. Puts him in an ankle lock. Lesnar gets to his feet, but he's stumbling around.... Spear. Goldberg spear. AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF ------> jackhammer for the three count.

Undertaker vs. Reigns: Can't see this being anything other than an awkward match with Roman doing his best to work around Taker's limitations. Also can't see this ending with anything other than a chorus of boos to go along with Reigns' hand being raised. A waste of Reigns, honestly. He's a good hand in big matches.

HHH vs. Seth Rollins: Don't care. I think I agreed with Meltzer when he said Rollins is damaged goods. I did read that Shane could be a substitute for Seth if he doesn't recover in time (probably unreliable source). I'd prefer that, because it'd potentially open up a spot for AJ to face someone else. Like..... Nakamura. If I say it enough, it'll come true.

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton:
Don't care.

Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens. Don't care. Maybe I would if this was NXT Owens, but he's not. He's the chicken ****, rarely wins clean, Step Brothers-esque Owens. Both of these guys are genuinely funny, but for Wrestlemania, you kind of need to do a Kenny Omega. He drops the goof act for big matches really well. I find it hard to separate the jokes from Owens/Jericho at this point. Maybe it's just a matter of overexposure. I've seen way too much of them whereas I only see Omega in big NJPW events every couple of months, so it's probably unfair.

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse:
Well, one thing's for sure, with the two best talkers in the company, the segments leading up to Wrestlemania will be amazing. Honestly frothing at the prospect of current Daniel Bryan bashing Miz vs. Cena on the mic. The latter could obviously be better used in a top singles role, and that'd be my preferred option. Maybe against Joe or something. But the proposal thing sounds like a nice moment, and they could still have a decent enough match provided Nikki/Maryse don't drag it down too much.

Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal:
Bit of a freak show. Pretty sure Vince will be in his bunk for this one.

Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks: Meh, not fussed. The only thing that'd really interest me in the women's division would be an Asuka call up vs. any of the four horsewomen.

A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon: NO, GOD! NO, GOD, PLEASE NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOO

Last edited: