• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This post was made in response to an entry, probably Big Show's, when they cut away from him and then cut back to him in what felt like an age of time. well.

https://twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/825929565948243968
:laugh:

I didn't notice with the others, but I noticed they cut away from Mark Henry for what seemed a very long time during his entrance, just showing the hard camera shot of the ring for ages. I had assumed there was a streaker or something, but I guess this explains it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

I didn't notice with the others, but I noticed they cut away from Mark Henry for what seemed a very long time during his entrance, just showing the hard camera shot of the ring for ages. I had assumed there was a streaker or something, but I guess this explains it.
They were some when it felt like they cut away from the guy, and then they cut back to him in a different angle but in the exact same spot :laugh:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i've re-watched Henry's entry, and King laughs and is totally about to mention what's happening. At which Vince probably started screaming at him

Agent TBY

International Captain
I feel like they're building to a multiman match at WM.

Lesnar vs Goldberg vs Taker vs Reigns vs Strowman (?) vs ???

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nah, can only see Lesnar vs Goldberg being a 1on1 match, with Brock eventually getting the better of Goldberg in brutal fashion at Mania.

Then I see Wyatt winning the belt at Elimination Chamber setting up Wyatt vs Orton, and then praying for Spooky Mark vs Big Match John, not Reigns.

So the card as I see it playing out:

Cena vs Taker
Lesnar vs Goldberg
Owens vs Jericho
Wyatt vs Orton
Rollins vs HHH

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Randomly ended up watching Wrestlemania 22 on the Network this evening, and it's funny to be reminded of so many things I had forgotten.

Things that particularly stood out were how the Rey/Angle/Orton match was actually way better than I remember it, despite being a little on the short side. Also I had forgotten how much the fans really crapped on Rey during that match. He didn't exactly get Reigns level booing, but the fans in the building really really did not seem to want him to win. Presumably because of how the E made the whole thing about Eddie's legacy or whatever.

Another interesting thing is how the Cena hate had already well and truly started, and how the E were desperately trying to get Cena over by stressing how he was different and "non-traditional", as if the fans were ****ting on him because he wasn't "traditional". There's actually a bit where JR says how Cena was the only white guy in his town to grow up listening to hip hop (which is probably true for all I know, but comes across as hokey and stupid), whereas HHH apparently grew up receiving the best wrestling training from a young age :laugh:

There's even a bit where they show a side by side shot of Cena and HHH in their locker rooms. Cena's looks like the inside of a maintenance shed, whereas HHH is all plush and he's receiving massages from about three dudes at the same time. At this point JR quips "ha, look at him, having his massages" as if this is an immediate sign that HHH is evil and must be booed. He then goes on to say "in many ways this match is basically hip hop vs tradition" (whatever the **** that means). :laugh:

Probably no wonder they quickly abandoned this strategy.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cena vs HHH also a better match than I remember it. Also after watching this it really shows how much Cena has improved in ring over the last decade or so. It's like watching a different guy.

Niall

International Coach
decent PPV if I remember correctly. The Trish match was good fun, crowd clearly behind Mickie, not sure the E thought a ***y mental lesbian character was going to going to get booed v someone like Trish who had been around for ages. Clearly unfamiliar with the target audience.:laugh:

It made no difference to anyone long term, but Edge really should have been in that main event as he was so hot in the early few months of that year, but I have made peace with that overtime.:D

The threeway was good, but IIRC wasn't it due to one of Orton and Angle refusing to lose to Rey one on one? Long time ago so can't properly remember the details of how the booking happened.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pretty cool. Possibly even better than #30 if you weren't going to give him in the win.

WM
HHH vs. Rollins
KO vs. Jericho (vs. Sami?)
Goldberg vs. Lesnar
Wyatt vs. Orton

Undertaker vs. Roman seems likely but could well have Strowman in the mix too. Reigns may actually turn heel which would redeem the Rumble. Also unsure of what Cena and AJ will be doing, seems unlikely they'll be having a match, would love a 2/3 falls match with them.

This Mania could be insane.

indiaholic

International Captain
I like this. Think the Rollins/Joe/Haitch storyline will be great. The creator and destroyer dynamic is really good too.

indiaholic

International Captain
Beat Rollins up relentlessly till Fastlane and then lose at Fastlane seems to be the plan.
Owens will be going into Wrestlemania with the title.imo. Will probably lose it to Balor there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can see them stripping the title from Owens before Fastlane if not at that event itself. Would be pleasantly surprised if he was still champ then. Balor taking it from a heel Reigns would float my boat.