• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aaaarrrggghhh spoilers, spoilers, spoilers. Was looking forward to watching the replay at 6. Gah, would've been the most insane mark out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Seriously top drawer main event that though. Made up almost entirely of young up and comers who showed they can really hang with the top guys. Big thumbs up.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah don't be sorry; I was on auto-pilot ie sees wrestling thred bumped, must open.

All PPV's are on tv the next day here in India.

andmark

International Captain
That looks ****ing epic. What music did he have?

Edit: The whole event (bar the Cesaro loss in the pre-show!) looks epic

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just watched the Sting segment. Why can't Cole just say "Scorpion Death Drop". ffs, announce his move.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched the Sting segment. Why can't Cole just say "Scorpion Death Drop". ffs, announce his move.
Yeah he's terrible at calling wrestling moves. In the Cena Punk match at money in the bank, he called a normal ambar an anaconda vice. Then when Punk actually did slap on the anaconda Vice later in the match, he referred to it as a "submission manoeuvre". FFS.

Commentary in general is just absolutely trash these days. In last month's He'll in A Cell match between Ambrose and Rollins, the two of them started the match on top of the Cell. The commentary team went:

"JBL, Have you ever seen a Hell in a Cell match start on top of the cage before? "
" No Michael, never "

Yeah, ok.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought Cole actually called that segment pretty well tbf. But yeah, he's been poor at calling moves themselves for as long as I can remember. I remember him calling the Invasion ppv, and JR had to keep correcting him.

Cole: Oh my god, 3D!

JR:...er...well, a version of it anyway....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I remember that very well.

Don't really think it was called that well, but the fact no one spoke for a while when Triple H and Sting stared each other down was good. Just let everyone take in the moment.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
JBL's commentary (and I am usually a fan of his) was a bit all over the place. One moment he was saying how excited he was that Sting was there ("He's the 6 time WCW Champion!!" etc...) and then the next he changed tone and was moaning about him ("this is none of his buisness" etc...)

I guess Vince was barking instructions through the headset at him.

andmark

International Captain
Lawler's commentary is the worst since JR left. I always remember a match between Ziggler and Sheamus with Ziggler as the heel. There were massive "let's go Ziggler!" chants and Lawler pipes in with "Listen to all of these chants for Sheamus"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lawler's commentary hasn't been much chop since they stopped him from being the tweener/heelish commentator imo. He was gun when he was always chipping in cheering for the heel, but he's pretty bland as a good guy.

Used to love it how he would refer to Mick Foley as an idiot. Remember during the Cactus Jack/HHH street fight match when Foley pulled out the barbed wire 2x4 and King started squealing about how he shouldn't be allowed to use it. Moments later when HHH got hold of it he started saying "Yes, hit him with it HHH, it's ok!" Only for JR to chip in with his customary "no it's not ok bah gawd."

Those were the days :laugh: