• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah thought the women's match was very good. Natural selection after being thrown on a table a couple times didn't quite feel like a good enough finish though. Loved all the chair spots.
automatically loses 20,000 points because of the horrid stretcher spot tbh. it's truly the worst spot of all time. it needs to be banned

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ergh that Goldberg segment....

I really want to like it, but my primary feelings are that nobody really came out of it looking good.

On the one hand Rusev was made to look like a chump by Goldberg no-selling his attack, and then taking one knee and going limp as a wet flannel and getting jackhammered.

On the other Goldberg looked a bit like he nearly died trying to lift Rusev, and the spear to Heyman didn't look great either.

Bahseph

State Captain
Rusev is genuinely so entertaining. He looks mean , he can wrestle and he can talk. The guy needs a world title, not to be fed to returning legends.

Also , where is Apollo Crews? They royally screwed that guy up.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Rusev is fantastic, but I suspect he is destined to be a jobber to the stars. Or just a jobber.

And yeah, agree RE: Crews as well. He's dead in the water, but I think that was always on the cards. As Solomonster remarked ages ago, his smiling happy face gimmick just totally sucks, and nobody gets behind it. He doesn't have the personality or charisma (or at least hasn't shown either of these things) to really make himself a star on the main roster. Not sure if it's his fault or the writers', but he's going nowhere and getting there fast at the moment.

Bahseph

State Captain
Smackdown has been the better show for me, so I'm genuinely surprised that they couldn't find anything for Crews to do.

It just annoys me so much that Strauman gets protected and pushed while Rusev is messed around with. That's purely from a wrestling point of view as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd be surprised if the Smackdown writers don't eventually find something for Crews to do. Definitely think he was brought up way too soon though. Half the NXT roster was more ready to head up than he was.

Have enjoyed the Strauman storyline on Raw TBH, one of the few things I think they're really getting right.

Bahseph

State Captain
Strauman has obvious appeal. I mean he is massive, and looks like a monster. So I understand why you want to showcase him.

Smackdown do very well with so little. The Cruiserweights should have been there. Maybe we would have seen Jack Gallagher by now haha

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Strowman is going ok for now I think. The problem is that squashing jobbers does very little to build you up beyond a certain point. I guess he has now moved on to squashing Sami Zayn, but Zayn is basically just a glorified enhancement talent himself at the moment. He's another who has effectively been wasted since he was brought up too come to think of it.

So far as the cruiserweights are concerned I think they really need to find a way to breath new life into them, already. The problem with having them just wrestling each other repeatedly, and changing all of the ring ropes to purple and what have you every time they appear certainly does help emphasise that they are different, but I wonder if this might actually be beginning to have a negative effect. It almost feels like they aren't part of RAW at all, and are just a novelty act which is tacked on to the show. Need to do away with the purple ropes and actually have them face a non-cruiserweight every now and again. It also doesn't help that the Cruiserweight title itself looks like something that was designed using clip art/MS paint.

Bahseph

State Captain
I think they realised that with the cruiserweight division. They are getting their own show on the network now. Called 205 I think.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, seems that way. Not sure what this will actually accomplish mind you. I'm not sure more weekly programming is actually going to help anyone, including WWE. There's already absolutely loads.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get how this show would work. Would the matches be taped on the Raw preshow like Superstars and the other show? but the whole thing has had poor execution from the start. They really should have just had Kota Ibushi win the trophy, debut the belt the next raw, and have Neville or Gargano or Sami Zayn (!) establish themselves as the champ, but you know, they didn't beat Ibushi, and bam there's your Wrestlemania match. instead they might not even make Wrestlemania, and we'll get the Big Show vs Shaq

Unfortunately this goes against my dream of him going to Raw and teaming up with Owens again and them killing everyone (as a stable, he would actually team with Y2J or someone). of course, this would mean booking their champion as something other than a loser, so

Last edited: