• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my issues are:

1) at least put someone over
2) if new day didn't drop to gallows/anderson, then i don't see them dropping to cesaro/sheamus, so you're still not putting anyone over. they could go across to smackdown i suppose
3) demolition hold the tag record. new day are like within 100 days of the record. demolition are suing wwe. so you know how they work.
4) it's all set for them to drop to Cass & Enzo at WM. Literally the only thing they have to do is turn again, and i mean they've retained against gallows/anderson in pretty heel-ish ways already

if it wasnt for the new day shadow, i'd probably be ok with it too.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gallows and Anderson seem to be dead in the water. For a bunch of guys who came in with an incredible buzz they have fizzled out massively.

Athlai

Not Terrible
77 days away from the record. Rumble is roughly 100. New Day get to 500, drop the belt at Rumble. Build to rematch at WM. then either break up the new day or set them in some other direction.

I think slow burning Shaemus and Cesaro for 100 days could definitely happen. Lose a PPV or two as they can't quite click, and for some reason they really get their act together for the Rumble. Dunno what Enzo and Cass would du during all this time but I wouldn't be surprised if they get held back even longer to really make their moment special.

Is Summerslam in Brooklyn again next year? That'd be my best bet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gallows and Anderson seem to be dead in the water. For a bunch of guys who came in with an incredible buzz they have fizzled out massively.
May have been Balors injury that has hurt them. Could very well have had a HHH having Balor be his guy and The Club backing him up. Instead they're stuck on trying to look as strong as possible against guys that they're just not going to beat for the belts.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
tbf, G & A were the also-rans coming in at the same time as AJ and Nakamura. The buzz was more for the latter two than the former.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, maybe, but I'm not sure. The reaction they received when they first debuted, when they had no association to Styles whatsoever, was pretty strong. Now they are very very meh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sounds like Dixie is well and truly effing everything up re: any potential sale. The woman is a walking disaster. Everything she touches turns to ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lol just seen that TNA needs to find a **** load of cash by today or they won't be able to pay to run Bound for Glory or any more TV tapings which would put them massively in breach of their TV and PPV contracts. They are looking so boned right now.

Spikey

this is all per the Observer/my memory:

- They need the money before the PPV, today's Friday so presumably they'll need the money by close of business today.
- Dixie is 70% owner, and has no money to fund it, so she's selling. This week's PPV/tv taping is $600,000. Dixie is looking to sell for 4-6 million. TNA has probably as much debt as actual value
- a company Aroluxe (not much of a company btw) and Billy Corgan are the frontrunners. Aroluxe tried to buy it before but couldn't get over the line, and then Corgan started putting money in too.
- In my opinion, WWE only comes into play if the PPV doesn't happen. Then they'll probably take the tape library, probably some wrestlers, and TNA will not exist anymore
- it's fact that if Corgan buys it, he's changing the name of the company anyway
- TNA has basically no domestic revenue steam. The US TV deal doesn't get them money, there's no house shows or merch or anything. an Indian TV deal is where they get their money
- They're in this mess because of Dixie, but I'm not sure if the the failure to sell over the past 2 weeks is too much to do with Dixie. Obviously everyone will blame her, but eeehhhh. If you've got the money....

Spikey

Obviously Naka will go the flagship, and Joe to smackdown, and they just need to do it already