• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Backlash was pretty great imo. The Slater/Rhyon v Usos match was ****ing awesome. Such an unexpectedly awesome story.
Yeah, I thought it was really good, but apart from the main event it didn't really feel like a big show to me. It was just like watching a really good episode of Smackdown. What struck me in a very positive way, however, was that the show wasn't a massive kick-out-of-finishers-a-thon. In fact I don't think one finish was kicked out of on the entire show. Good stuff. Very refreshing.

The main event was really fantastic. No gimmicks etc... just good old fashioned, hard hitting, wrasslin'. Odd that Ambrose got quite a lot of boos mind you. Anyway, AJ is just simply the best in the world right now, but I cringe every time he takes a stiff looking bump (usually 3-4 times a match), because I'm worried he'll end up on the shelf and we won't be able to watch him anymore.

Lolled at some of the Commentary though. "AJ has won the title, but at what cost to his legacy?". My immediate thoughts were that someone who has the Clare Lynch story line in their "legacy" probably does not give a **** about using a low blow to win pretty much the biggest and most prestigious Championship in the history of pro wrestling.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pretty sure we all would have kicked dean in the balls if placed in the same scenario. the man's a goddamn hero

listento_me

U19 Captain
anybody still watch the modern product?

I only catch the major PPVs these days but I watched AJ beat Ambrose, which was a decent match and I've been an AJ fan since TNA but I can't bring myself to watch this subpar Raw and SD.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I usually watch the big PPVs, but not much other actual watching these days. Usually read the results of RAW and SD and catch some highlights on YouTube. Will go out of my way to watch other shows if something notable happens though. Oh and I enjoy NXT every now and again.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I usually watch the big PPVs, but not much other actual watching these days. Usually read the results of RAW and SD and catch some highlights on YouTube. Will go out of my way to watch other shows if something notable happens though. Oh and I enjoy NXT every now and again.
Yeah only ppvs and takeover specials for me.
Pretty much me as well. A damning indictment on the product when the hardcore base cbf anymore. I remember when it was unthinkable that I'd miss an episode of RAW. It's just become meh for me now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty much me as well. A damning indictment on the product when the hardcore base cbf anymore. I remember when it was unthinkable that I'd miss an episode of RAW. It's just become meh for me now.
It's a weird one, I think my interest has waned over time simply because I've grown out of it a bit, and no longer enjoy it on the same level as I did when I was a kid (not that I ever thought it was real or anything, but still). But at the same time, there are aspects of it I appreciate and enjoy a lot more now that I am older and am basically an internet fan (e.g. understanding the significance of Bryan/AJ/KO winning the world titles etc...). I doubt I will ever return to the kind of fandom where I watch devotedly every week, but I doubt there will ever come a time where I totally lose interest.

OverratedSanity

I've actually been watching more of it than I did in the last two years tbh. I catch raw here and there but haven't gone out of my way to watch it in pretty much years.But I've watched all the PPVs and enjoyed most of them. It's a pretty exciting time right now with so many new faces on top. There was a stretch in 2014-15 where I barely watched at all.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Yeah only ppvs and takeover specials for me.
Yeah I enjoyed NXT when Owens, Zayn, Neville and co were on it. Seems they've moved onto the main roster now.

Man, as a kid in the late 90s, early 00s, I always watched Raw!

I think, over time, my enjoyment decreased for a few reasons: Rock and Austin left, Goldberg/Lesnar made a joke of one another, over exposure with way too much wrestling every week and ultimately the move towards building Cena and Orton as the new stars. Maybe if I was a kid now, I'd still watch wrestling...or maybe not, considering it's pretty irrelevant to mainstream and ofc not that "cool" anymore.

I've actually been watching more of it than I did in the last two years tbh. I catch raw here and there but haven't gone out of my way to watch it in pretty much years.But I've watched all the PPVs and enjoyed most of them. It's a pretty exciting time right now with so many new faces on top. There was a stretch in 2014-15 where I barely watched at all.
I agree, it is nice seeing a move away from Cena/Orton but I dunno if I like the new guys that much. Rollins intrigues me and that's about it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy **** that chinless jobber Braun Strowman destroyed a few weeks ago is going to main event Smackdown by tagging with AJ Styles against Ambrose and Cena. Holy ****ing ****.

Mike5181

International Captain
anybody still watch the modern product?

I only catch the major PPVs these days but I watched AJ beat Ambrose, which was a decent match and I've been an AJ fan since TNA but I can't bring myself to watch this subpar Raw and SD.
Well, don't watch this weeks RAW. Watching that was true suffering.

Haven't checked out Smackdown, but its usually better than RAW. It's not three hours, there's more cohesive stories, AJ Styles etc.

Spikey

my breakdown

Raw, NXT and Smackdown: never watch them, even if I'm home, because they're not on the network. watch the clips, read the reports, see the tweets, listen to the podcasts etc.
PPVs/Takeovers: almost always watch them. i don't tend to catch up on lower card matches if i miss them though
Lucha Underground: I'm slipping man. I missed most of S2 and have struggled to catch up (In part because wikipedia spoilered it for me).
Ring of Honor: sometimes watch their one hour weekly show (it's on their website), watch most of their PPVs.
New Japan: Thank god I remembered that Japan is in roughly the same time zone as Australia, and that I can sign up to NJPW world. it's honestly kinda annoying seeing Australians bend over backwards to watch WWE when you've got the best major promotion showing most of their stuff live in prime time for us. it's just wonderful.
Indies: Obviously i watch every single PWG event, because it's the greatest wrestling on earth, and then I skim the rest ie progress, evolve etc

the other day I got a new USB hub and spent like 3 hours moving everything from my various Hard Drives into it's own Hard Drive, so that's where I'm at