• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, seriously, what is the point in Bray Wyatt?

Bloke can't even get a PPV win against a guy who's a replacement for his actual scheduled opponent.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if AJ was set to win clean, but Randy's injury (GEE I WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED) forced the low blow. Clearly they want Randy to go over Bray, for whatever reason, before he goes for the belt again.

I too don't get the point of Bray

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He reminds me a bit of Test. Always, and repeatedly, gets put into high profile angles, but then just loses all the tine, and the creative geniuses in the back scratch their heads and wonder why nobody is getting behind him.

I get the feeling that they just don't know what to do with him tbh. His WM moment was strongly suggestive of him going face, but that seems to have been canned. Instead they've gone back to using him as a supposedly serious and established heel character (despite him never actually being established as such), that just gets plugged into a programme with whichever face isn't doing anything at the time. And then he jobs out. It's all just a bit wtf.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

He's easily been the worst booked guy on the last 2-3 years imo. It's infuriating because there have been several moments where you felt if they'd just pulled the switch it would've worked. The Wyatt family losing to Kane and Taker was the last straw, haven't cared one bit since then.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's easily been the worst booked guy on the last 2-3 years imo. It's infuriating because there have been several moments where you felt if they'd just pulled the switch it would've worked. The Wyatt family losing to Kane and Taker was the last straw, haven't cared one bit since then.
He's the kind of guy who has a character that would only work if he was protected too. You just can't have a character who is legit frightening/tough/a big deal if they don't win like...ever.

Spikey

I have to say, I didn't really notice Dean sinking as champion until Austin basically called it, and then yeah man Ambrose ****ing sucked as champion

Spikey

also I don't know what Dean was doing/thinking, but that could have been a bad styles clash.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Austin was a dick to him in that interview tbf.

I like Austin, but I have to say I don't think his views on the current product are especially helpful/good. His response to pretty much everything seems to be "you've got to push the envelope more/be more edgy". Not especially constructive advice for someone working in a supposedly PG environment.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You'd imagine that the point of Bray losing to Orton/Kane is to give Orton a win before Wyatt wins the feud. It doesn't seem like a one off PPV style deal so Orton getting a win with Bray winning No Mercy or Survivor a Series would kind of make sense.

That said Wyatt could still lose a 2-3 month feud which would make it all entirely nonsensical. The added bonus here was they actually made Kane look moderately relevant, should assist in giving the rub to Apollo Crews or Baron Corbin or whatever midcard talent they want Kane to enhance next.

Thought the majority of the card was booked very well, Becky won and we got a pretty strong display from the female Smackdown roster. Hype Bros weren't terrible, heel Usos are a welcome breath of fresh air. Miz is having the best run of his career and probably just had one of his best ever singles matches while still building on a deeper feud with Daniel Bryan. Ambrose also put on his best actual match as champion, AJ definitely draws it out of people. We've had hints dropped that Ziggler will have to do something else if he couldn't win tonight so I'm expecting a character change there too.

So from Smackdowns first PPV we have
- new champion, easy feud in AJ and Ambrose
- Miz on a roll with a meta feud with Daniel Bryan
- Bray vs. Orton round 2 - they actually fight
- super baby face tag team champions that will no doubt lose them probably before the next PPV. (Harper Rowan plz)
- Becky Balboa (though they really need Emma just to bolster out the female Smackdown roster a tad, Becky vs. Natty is something I never want to see again)
- American Alpha vs. evil twin Usos
- Nikki vs. Carmella
- Possible Ziggler refresh
- Kane won a PPV singles match for the first time since beating Orton at Wrestlemania 28, he'll be able to job for another four years to come on that sort of credibility

Really enjoyed the PPV, I reckon Raw won't come close.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If Bray actually lost to Orton himself then your take on it would make some sense. It'd still be an addition to the Wyatt loss column, but at least he would have actually lost to his primary opponent. Him losing to Kane is really dire however you slice it though.

Spikey

Unless they're feeding Kane to AJ Styles or something, I was assuming Bray-Randy was gonna be a one and done deal with Randy then going to AJ

Spikey

keep in mind Harper is coming back soon too.

maybe the entire nature of their run is gonna be changed anyway

Athlai

Not Terrible
Still reckon he'll be champ within a year barring injury. It's pretty clear they're high on him, it just feels like they think he's portrayed as stronger than he really has been. Like on paper the Wyatts beat the New Day at Battleground but thats been his only feud in a year basically, and it was a one off PPV.

If he doesn't come out on top of this feud it truly will be bad times.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Unless they're feeding Kane to AJ Styles or something, I was assuming Bray-Randy was gonna be a one and done deal with Randy then going to AJ
Ambrose will definitely be in rematch town for at least another PPV. (Also don't think they'd pull the trigger on a Orton-Styles match outside of a big four PPV)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still reckon he'll be champ within a year barring injury. It's pretty clear they're high on him, it just feels like they think he's portrayed as stronger than he really has been. Like on paper the Wyatts beat the New Day at Battleground but thats been his only feud in a year basically, and it was a one off PPV.

If he doesn't come out on top of this feud it truly will be bad times.
Yeah, I think so too. The problem appears to be (apart from the endless losing) that they already want him to be at the level of a really top guy, and kind of treat him like he is, but just aren't prepared to put in the leg work needed to actually get him there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

The only person in history to hold all the ROH, TNA, IWGP and WWE World/Heavyweight titles. WAG.

Last edited:

Spikey

They've clearly decided to actually do some sort of miz bryan programme, which i think is the most intersting thing to come out