• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw a bit of John Morrison's match on that. Seems decent. EDIT: Just found this: Lucha Underground News: Match Heavily Edited, Former WWE Star Getting Big Role, Alberto Del Rio - WrestlingInc.com DAMN!

Raw seemed good all in all bar the Cesaro loss/ utter destruction. Nice to see Ziggler getting somewhat of the spotlight with a great promo from Triple H. Rusev is unbelievably great at striking (the best ever striker wrestling's ever seen imo) and well deserving of the US title- even if off air.
He's awesome but Taker would be for mine. Kane and Show have sick punches/uppercuts but Taker for mine.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha was expecting Rusev to get the US title. Awesome that he got it... but people are saying that it might have been even better if Rusev and the chick treated the US title like it was a piece of ****. It'll ironically cause people to care more about the title than they do now.

andmark

International Captain
He's awesome but Taker would be for mine. Kane and Show have sick punches/uppercuts but Taker for mine.
Got to disagree. Rusev looks like he actually could kick someone's head off.

Haha was expecting Rusev to get the US title. Awesome that he got it... but people are saying that it might have been even better if Rusev and the chick treated the US title like it was a piece of ****. It'll ironically cause people to care more about the title than they do now.
I remember the IWC throwing around an idea of changing the US Title to the old European Title when Cesaro had it. Maybe they could do it for Rusev?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember the IWC throwing around an idea of changing the US Title to the old European Title when Cesaro had it. Maybe they could do it for Rusev?
Nah, don't agree with that. I think Rusev could generate tremendous heat by trashing the US belt and making it a point that it's a piece of **** because of the country associated with it. Would also make the belt more valuable in a way if the face rebutted by saying it's a symbol of patriotism and all that good stuff.

Let's see what they do with it though... really hope they keep Rusev going and going and don't end his streak too quickly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rusev looks like a slob the first time you look at him. But then you see him in the ring and you notice he can move. Then you notice he is fairly athletic. Then you have Lana who is such a star. Winning team. Every time I have watched them, I have thoroughly enjoyed.

andmark

International Captain
He got the best out of Big Show as well. Presumably Big Show didn't want to be seen as overly out-wrestled

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Watched episode 2 of Lucha Underground this evening. I really don't mind it at all -- Johnny (Nitro) Mundo and Prince (Ricochet) Puma are ridiculously good to watch, Chavo seems to be more relevant than he's been anywhere in years, and Blue Demon Jr. is on US TV.

Warning Spoiler:
Chavo's chairshot on ***y Star looked brutal. Seems as if they're making him a somewhat deranged heel.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Rusev looks like a slob the first time you look at him. But then you see him in the ring and you notice he can move. Then you notice he is fairly athletic. Then you have Lana who is such a star. Winning team. Every time I have watched them, I have thoroughly enjoyed.
I think you are underplaying it. He doesnt look anything like a slob and he is incredibly athletic. He looks like a video game character with 'thickness' in CAC turned to 100%. He has a ridiculous look with being as wide as he is tall and thighs the size of a large man's waist. You make it sound like he looks like Kevin Steen. I agree that 'Hair up Lana' is a huge plus for the gimmick. I was at a house show not too long ago and the pop for Rusev was fantastic.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Cover Drive Man, our brother and I went to an indy show today called "Infinite Promotions". Brilliant show. We're also going to the Smackdown taping on Tuesday and it's hard to imagine that will be better. The best match probably would've been rated about 4 stars and included a perfect shooting star press, half nelson suplex and a corkscrew somersault The biggest guy was a decent wrestler and not just a brawler. Whether or not it was a good idea, the thought of Rusev switching the US Title for the European Title is gone coincidentally as D'Lo Brown (who can still do a moonsault) showed up with the Euro Title. Really recommend the promotion

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't worry lad. GIMH was making a joke about an esteemed poster who's recently returned after a prolonged involuntary absence from the forum.