• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah I'd have loved to have watched when Booker was commentating. WAFG he was. WWE still missed a trick with him to this day, but to his credit in 2002 he totally changed his character and showed how versatile he could be with his Goldust skits. Won the crowd over from nowhere purely on him and Dustin Rhodes' awesomeness.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Booker and Regal pretending to be royalty sounds like comedic gold though.
Speaking of Regal, I was just browsing famous incidents of kayfabe being broken, and one that came up in a top 10 list was the time he refused to job to Goldberg in WCW, worked really stuff and basically beat him up. And then got fired. :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Speaking of Regal, I was just browsing famous incidents of kayfabe being broken, and one that came up in a top 10 list was the time he refused to job to Goldberg in WCW, worked really stuff and basically beat him up. And then got fired. :laugh:
Haha yeah I love that story :laugh:

Isn't there a story of Jericho owning Goldberg in the lockeroom too?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fellas, just off the top of your head pick your top 3 mark-out moments ever. Interpret that however you like, can be when you were a smark or when you were a kid etc.. Mine are:

1. Benoit WM XX. The main reason was obviously wanted Benoit to win so badly and hated Triple H at the time. But also because whilst all the writing pointed to Benoit winning, it was such a WWE move to have Trips or Shawn win instead.
2. Warrior def. Hogan WM 6. Saw it on video tape a few years after the event as a kid not knowing the result and it was awesome.Two of my favourite wrestlers growing up, and for some reason whilst I loved Hogan, as a kid I warmed to Warrior that little bit more (probs the face paint).
3. Nash def. Goldberg Starrcade 98 (random in hindsight but at the time I was a huge Wolfpac fan)

Benoit winning Rumble 04 up there too. And a gazillion others I could also name obviously.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man can you imagine being in that meeting when Vince told Hogan he was going to lose to Warrior clean. Hogan must have broken something surely.

Mike5181

International Captain
Haha yeah I love that story :laugh:

Isn't there a story of Jericho owning Goldberg in the lockeroom too?

lol @ 5:10 into the video. [Booker T's voice] Did you just say his mother is a mother****ing goof? That is the worst comeback I've ever heard in my life man.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also lol @ Jericho scissoring his legs cos he saw it in a magazine that day. FMD, such a boss.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Fellas, just off the top of your head pick your top 3 mark-out moments ever. Interpret that however you like, can be when you were a smark or when you were a kid etc.. Mine are:

1. Benoit WM XX. The main reason was obviously wanted Benoit to win so badly and hated Triple H at the time. But also because whilst all the writing pointed to Benoit winning, it was such a WWE move to have Trips or Shawn win instead.
2. Warrior def. Hogan WM 6. Saw it on video tape a few years after the event as a kid not knowing the result and it was awesome.Two of my favourite wrestlers growing up, and for some reason whilst I loved Hogan, as a kid I warmed to Warrior that little bit more (probs the face paint).
3. Nash def. Goldberg Starrcade 98 (random in hindsight but at the time I was a huge Wolfpac fan)

Benoit winning Rumble 04 up there too. And a gazillion others I could also name obviously.
Tough one for me.

Moments that really stick in my mind, in no particular order, would involve Jericho "beating" HHH on RAW for the World title, only to be stripped a few minutes later; Rock beating HHH at Backlash 2000 after Stone Cold came in and hit everyone with a chair; the Rock returning in 2011; CM Punk beating John Cena at MITB to win the WWE title and then "leave" the company (in fact it wasn't just the moment - that entire match was brilliant, booked absolutely perfectly); Mankind winning the WWF title on RAW after Austin beat the crap out of everyone (that'll put butts in seats", heh); Kurt Angle beating Stone Cold for the WWF title during the invasion angle; HBK vs Undertaker at WM for the first time (probably the best match I have ever seen); RVD beating Cena for the WWE title...

Will see if I can think of any more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
pretty sure I said 3 **** and off the top of your head. Don't need you thinking of any more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also can't believe you liked "face" Angle in 2001. Was some cringeworthy post 9-11 junk.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also can't believe you liked "face" Angle in 2001. Was some cringeworthy post 9-11 junk.
Hmmm, agree in some ways. But JR did a top job of putting that whole match over. Was a pretty awesome moment. Angle winning the title in Pittsburgh and celebrating with all of his family in the ring.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Interesting one, this. Was going to mention one if Backlash 2000 or Mankind winning his first title ( two of the biggest pops ever), but they already got named. I'd go in no particular order:

1) Hogan v Rock
2) Eddie pinning Lesnar to win the title at I think, No way Out
3) The two moments when I genuinely thought the Streak would end (ie) when HBK kicked out of the tombstone + Deadman pin at WM 25 and when HBK hit Taker with Sweet chin music, and Taker walked right onto HHH's pedigree. Both were so incredible because the referee count was a typical match ending count. Probably the two best near-falls I've ever seen. Was totally stunned.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Foley had some excellent moments as Commissioner. Some of the backstage skits were brilliant.

Backlash 2000 quite an underrated ppv on the whole actually. Everyone remembers the main event, but the rest of the card was actually really good one way or another. Scotty 2 Hotty vs Dean Malenko and Essa Rios vs Eddie were really quite decent from what I recall. Jerich vs Benoit was obvs good. Big Show dressing as Hulk Hogan and basically just squashing Kurt Angle was fun. Harcore title match was good. As was Edge and Christian vs DX.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

lol @ 5:10 into the video. [Booker T's voice] Did you just say his mother is a mother****ing goof? That is the worst comeback I've ever heard in my life man.
Haha, anyone remember Booker T smashing Batista in the locker room? What happened to Batista btw?

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Haha, anyone remember Booker T smashing Batista in the locker room? What happened to Batista btw?
Tried MMA, but now a movie actor. He was recently seen in the Marvel movie Guardians of the galaxy as Drax the destroyer. Also there is a rumour that he might be an antagonist in the new Bond movie

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also came back at the Royal Rumble this year, and won. The E tried to push him as a face, but the fans were having none of it and booed the **** out of him. Forced a heel turn, and he then spent the next few PPVs jobbing to Bryan and the Shield, and now he has gone away again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On the subject of great mark out moments. Remembered this match (that never happened) this morning: