• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
I saw that doco. I think they just meant that over the next 2 years or so of them doing their 3 way ladder/TLC matches meant they had to keep upping the risk of their spots more and more.
Yeah it's a pretty fair call but it might also be a product of tag team wrestling. There seems to be more of a limit of how much they can achieve before they're boring. The late 90s, early 2000s saw APA, Hardy Boys, Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, Brothers of Destruction. Some of the most memorable tag teams in history, but how many years did we really get out of them as a great "team"?

Seems like 2-3 for the most part.

Agent TBY

International Captain
from the observer about current internal discussions about New Day's entrance:

"There has been a push for New Day doing a major entrance at Mania. What we are told is that they wanted to fly around the stadium on unicorns, but the company has not approved it and we’re told it’s less than 50 percent that it will be approved."

That would be the greatest thing ever.
Holy **** that would be absolutely incredible.
:laugh: <50 percent.

I'd put the number closer to somewhere between 0 and 0.001 percent. Don't get your hopes up.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
going through the observer now and surprised this hasn't been picked up on anywhere:

In addition, while not announced officially, WWE will be opening up a restaurant and physical Hall of Fame in Orlando at Universal Studios in conjunction with next year’s WrestleMania.

WWE officials and those at Universal have negotiated for years on a deal where WWE takes over what used to be the location of NBA City at the Universal City Walk for a museum and Hall of Fame.

Paul Levesque in recent years has gone to older wrestlers and others who have memorabilia connections to get items for the proposed Hall of Fame.

The Observer had reported on these talks for years and Universal Studios sources told Attraction Management the deal had been finalized and the restaurant/museum would open prior to WrestleMania 33.

The new restaurant will be set up similar to “The World,” the Times Square restaurant that WWE ran from 1999 to 2003 before it was shut down after losses of nearly $36 million.

The new complex will be a combined museum and restaurant, with the museum as the physical site of the Hall of Fame. Like “The World,” it will have a merchandise store and video screens that would constantly be playing WWE broadcasts. The idea is to build it to a location both for locals and tourists to hang out and watch Raw, Smackdown and other major events with other fans. The World suffered because unless there was a WWE event playing, the restaurant was fairly empty.

Spikey

here's the full Lucha Underground bit from the Observer

LUCHA UNDERGROUND: iTunes is pushing the first season pretty hard, putting it on the front page of the movie section. The first week was very successful. From what we’re told, the deal they have, which is about a 40 percent revenue split with iTunes, can make the company some money but it’s not a savior and it’s probably a short-term deal. A deal is very close to selling season one to Netflix, and if that deal happens, it makes the iTunes deal obsolete because why would people pay a few dollars for an episode or a higher figure for the full season when they can just get it for a Netflix subscription? The idea as it stands right now is if the deal happens, the Netflix deal will only be for the first season and iTunes would still get the second season

The third season starts taping on 3/19 and after that, they will move everything out and there won’t be anything more until early 2017. Once again, they will have to either raise money to film a fourth season or get new television deals to help pay for the filming of the fourth season. But this buys them a lot of time to do so, but it also will leave talent with no work for months and give WWE the chance to try and cherry pick the top guys, some of which they are already interested in. There are contracts involved, so that does become tricky
The no work thing doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. The guys can still work in Japan and Mexico, and they can take indie bookings in America. WWE are gonna try to sign the top guys, long break or no break, anyway

Last edited:

Spikey

HHH met with Kurt Angle this past weekend when both were in Columbus, OH for the Arnold Fitness Expo. HHH was producing the NXT show and Angle was inducted into the International Sports Hall of Fame.
kurt clearly joining the balor club

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am going to be very seriously rooting for Ambrose. The weird thing about the Reigns project is it really makes me markishly want him to lose in big matches.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I am going to be very seriously rooting for Ambrose. The weird thing about the Reigns project is it really makes me markishly want him to lose in big matches.
Yeah it can be pretty difficult watching Reigns matches when the crowd is so against him. Unlike Cena he can't manipulate the crowd, the chorus of boos/cheers for Cena are something he uses and to an extent controls. Reigns at the moment is just getting roasted.

I don't have any issue with Reigns and think he is a quality wrestler, but he lacks the ring awareness and has about a quarter of the charisma of Cena.