• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re-watching RAW and Orton said he and Cena was on par as Bret-Hbk and Rock-Austin. Anyone think it's at that level?
Nah, no way. They've just had plenty of clashes, and in a way that actually works against them. They have a big title match between those two every 3 months or so. Just dilutes whatever little excitement there is. Bret-HBK was nasty for all sorts of reasons, and Rock-Austin always felt special no matter what. I like both Cena and Orton, but they've just not had even one match which I can call a true all time classic, either.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, no way. They've just had plenty of clashes, and in a way that actually works against them. They have a big title match between those two every 3 months or so. Just dilutes whatever little excitement there is. Bret-HBK was nasty for all sorts of reasons, and Rock-Austin always felt special no matter what. I like both Cena and Orton, but they've just not had even one match which I can call a true all time classic, either.
Yet for some reason they seem to be more over than Bret was. Watching wrestling after a long break highlights the difference between eras. Back then you needed to be a wrestler to get ME's and titles, but now you have to be a "Sports Entertainer" more so than a technician.

duffer

That said, Rusev is insanely athletic for a guy his size. I don't think the anti-American gimmick is sustainable but would love to see him and Brock go at it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I still to this day stand by my thought that Hussan had a killer look. Should have been awesome.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet for some reason they seem to be more over than Bret was. Watching wrestling after a long break highlights the difference between eras. Back then you needed to be a wrestler to get ME's and titles, but now you have to be a "Sports Entertainer" more so than a technician.
Not even talking about their technical wrestling ability here, I'm saying I rarely find their matches that exciting to watch. Their match at the Rumble for example, was just a dud. They might've had good matches too, but my overall point is that their clashes just don't have that epic feel of two titans clashing imo. Won't talk about Bret-HBK because it was slightly before I got into wrestling, but every time Rock-Austin faced off it felt ****ing epic. Don't get that from Orton-Cena.

Hell I'd say Cena-Orton isn't even as good as HHH-Rock in the early 2000s. They were both at the very top of their game... HHH was amazing as a heel and Rock was at the peak of his popularity. Had lots of amazing matches (Judgement day iron man match, WM16, Backlash 2000) and the crowd always got into it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Amazing thing about Cena and Orton was in 2002/03 everyone was predicting they'd be the next two big MEers to lead the WWE. Actually turned out that way.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's been that way for ages now tbf.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm all grown up now *black woman singing*

Speaking of Stephanie McMahon:

all time great moment

Last edited:

duffer

It's been that way for ages now tbf.
Yeah, made the Eddie-Benoit embrace at Mania that awesome. Every smark marked the **** out when they saw that. Seeing as though I'm still catching up, who're the best workers in the E right now?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, made the Eddie-Benoit embrace at Mania that awesome. Every smark marked the **** out when they saw that. Seeing as though I'm still catching up, who're the best workers in the E right now?
Killed by Bradshaw and Orton :(

Actually probably shouldn't say the term killed with "Benoit"

duffer

From what I read Eddie couldn't cope with being the main man. They needed JBL to eventually put Cena over.

Less said about The Crippler the better but imagine how the IWC would've reacted if he didn't go over Trips and HBK.

duffer

Oh and The Nation of Domination was awesome. Their feud with DX was insanely good.

edit: Farooq and DLO!

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The best worker at the moment is probably Bryan. Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns are top drawer as well. Ziggler and Cesaro also. In fact most of the roster these days is at the very least serviceable in ring.