• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
WWE has seriously signed a **** loadof people recently though: Kenta, Kevin Steen, Willy Mack, Prince Devitt, some Vietnamese guy who I can't think of. Really didn't hold back on the signings.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just had a quick look at the results of the Night of Champions PPV from last night. Nothing to write home about, but I note that the IWC in particular has panned the event, for simply being not worth giving a crap about. And it made me realise how spoilt wrestling fans have become over the course of the last 15 years ago. I agree that it was not exactly a thrilling card, and the only thing worth paying attention to was probably the main event, but when you contrast the card from last night's event with some of the stuff that was served up till around 2000 it still looks like a strong card.

I mean, Miz vs Ziggler, Sheamus vs Cesaro, Jericho vs Orton, and Cena vs Lesnar, comparatively speaking anyway, is streets ahead of the stuff that'd be offered up at any non-big 4 PPV back in those days. I know the IWC has always had a serious sense of entitlement, but this really rammed it home for me.

Anyway, Roman Reigns out for about 4 months with a hernia injury apparently - which means he'll be fresh for a Royal Rumble return I guess. Bad news for the E though. They'll no doubt be rushing Bryan back now asap.

andmark

International Captain
Just had a quick look at the results of the Night of Champions PPV from last night. Nothing to write home about, but I note that the IWC in particular has panned the event, for simply being not worth giving a crap about. And it made me realise how spoilt wrestling fans have become over the course of the last 15 years ago. I agree that it was not exactly a thrilling card, and the only thing worth paying attention to was probably the main event, but when you contrast the card from last night's event with some of the stuff that was served up till around 2000 it still looks like a strong card.

I mean, Miz vs Ziggler, Sheamus vs Cesaro, Jericho vs Orton, and Cena vs Lesnar, comparatively speaking anyway, is streets ahead of the stuff that'd be offered up at any non-big 4 PPV back in those days. I know the IWC has always had a serious sense of entitlement, but this really rammed it home for me.

Anyway, Roman Reigns out for about 4 months with a hernia injury apparently - which means he'll be fresh for a Royal Rumble return I guess. Bad news for the E though. They'll no doubt be rushing Bryan back now asap.
There's still lots to criticise about today's (no matter what things were like 15 years ago) WWE. The on-off push of Dolph Ziggler, the frankly ***ist treatment of the women wrestlers, the lack of young guys in the main events (linking to Ziggler's treatment), part time champion etc. The IWC are whiney though, and are pathetic in their hatred of John Cena. They claim to support wrestlers purely for their technical prowess, but mark out for Bray Wyatt, whilst Big E rarely gets more than a polite applause. They're stupid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's still lots to criticise about today's (no matter what things were like 15 years ago) WWE. The on-off push of Dolph Ziggler, the frankly ***ist treatment of the women wrestlers, the lack of young guys in the main events (linking to Ziggler's treatment), part time champion etc. The IWC are whiney though, and are pathetic in their hatred of John Cena. They claim to support wrestlers purely for their technical prowess, but mark out for Bray Wyatt, whilst Big E rarely gets more than a polite applause. They're stupid.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things you could complain about. It just dawned on me that there are plenty of ways in which fans these days perhaps don't realise how good they have it.

andmark

International Captain
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things you could complain about. It just dawned on me that there are plenty of ways in which fans these days perhaps don't realise how good they have it.
Yeah of course. We have one of the best rosters in the history of wrestling where even big guys like Luke Harper (Rowan is also improving admirably in fairness to him) and Big E are able to bounce around the ring. The bookers however are off the ball though (bar NXT).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, haven't watched wrestling since 2006 so unless the IWC are exactly the same as back then, not sure I can comment.

Despite not watching wrestling for 8 years still always visit this thread though (y). I think I lost interest once Eddie Guerrero passed away :(

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lol, haven't watched wrestling since 2006 so unless the IWC are exactly the same as back then, not sure I can comment.

Despite not watching wrestling for 8 years still always visit this thread though (y). I think I lost interest once Eddie Guerrero passed away :(
I didn't visit wrestling sites in 06 either so couldn't tell you tbf

andmark

International Captain
Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville are on the new wrestling game. Will be so cool playing as Neville with all of his flips and whatnot

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got say, having watched the last few RAW's it's probably the most intriguing ME scene I've watched. Rollins, Orton,Ambrose and Cena. Really good stuff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dean Ambrose has does an amazing job as a face. I always thought he would be the best one suited to the heel role once the Shield broke up, but him as the face and Rollins as heel has been excellent.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently Rock vs HHH is on the cards for WM. Not the most exciting prospect, given the amount of times they have faced each other in the past, but still, always good to see Rock.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have become a really big Ambrose fan now. Really fun to watch as both heel and face, always a good sign of a great talent. And it amazes me that so many people are still stuck in the same mindset of "oh this era sucks, attitude era forevs". Last 2-3 years have been excellent.

Apparently Rock vs HHH is on the cards for WM. Not the most exciting prospect, given the amount of times they have faced each other in the past, but still, always good to see Rock.
Don't know how to feel about this. Big fan of their 90s feud but can't really get too excited about it because we've seen them go at it plenty of times.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Needs more Jim Ross, though. Which reminds me:

One or two in there (especially the rockbottom) are so perfect I almost pissed myself

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another solid RAW, only gripe was the ME being too short. Surprised the ratings are going down every week.