• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Roman Reigns is ****. Tuned into RAW last week. Reigns was doing this 'friends' segment with the Ussos and all. The heels came in a bunch of four as well. Reminded me of how high school buddies pal up. Turned it off.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, he gets given **** and he can't improvise his way out of it. It's a bit unfortunate they keep giving him long speaking segments.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You do realise Reigns doesn't actually write his segments, right?
You could use that for anyone on the roster though. Some make a good fist of what they're given, others like Roman wouldn't be able to do anything even with good material (imo). He just doesn't seem to have the talent for it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You could use that for anyone on the roster though. Some make a good fist of what they're given, others like Roman wouldn't be able to do anything even with good material (imo). He just doesn't seem to have the talent for it.
Apparently Roman's are scripted the most heavily though. According to the grapevine because he is "the guy", Vince actually writes out his promos in full, and then demands Roman sticks to them in their entirety.

Guys like Rusev are allowed a bit of leeway because they're not "the guy" and nobody cares about them, or so the old man's logic goes.

Wade Keller was absolutely scathing about the current WWE product on his PWT Livecast this week btw. Put the boot in even more than Solomonster. Worth a listen.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Roman's are scripted the most heavily though. According to the grapevine because he is "the guy", Vince actually writes out his promos in full, and then demands Roman sticks to them in their entirety.
I find that believable but even so his delivery is so amateur. Some people can't act face and I think Roman is one of them. He's beyond bad.

Wade Keller was absolutely scathing about the current WWE product on his PWT Livecast this week btw. Put the boot in even more than Solomonster. Worth a listen.
Will have a listen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently there is footage from RAW the other night where Roman appears to have thought the camera had cut from him (when it hadn't), and his face just drops, and he looks like a guy who is thoroughly beaten down and hating what he is doing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some one mentioned when the injury to the champ happened how it would hurt Reigns more than any one else. This definitely seems true right now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Rollins getting injured hurt Reigns a lot. Instead of giving fans a faction war build up and a KO-Ambrose feud at Survivor Series we got Reigns rise shoved down our throat. Instead of being part of the show (albeit the most important part eh?), he was the show. And it was lacklustre.

At most this has helped del Rio and Shaemus but they're hardly going to get the crowd seriously behind them either. The company needs to push more faces, who are the serious singles competitors? Reigns/Ambrose/Ziggler? I wouldn't ever put Lesnar as a traditional face, he is either a monster heel or the Beast fighting a heel. I'm fairly certain with Cena/Orton/Cesaro all out that the next biggest face is Ryback. And that makes me really, really sad. Not just for the WHC picture but for the IC and US title picture. We have a lot of quality heels right now, League of Nations, KO, New Day, the Wyatts and even Stardust and the Miz are just a few weeks build away from being in the mid card title picture.

I think in the New Year we need to bring up some NXT talent or pray for DBry's return.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have loved Tyler Breeze in the few matches in which I saw him. Reminded me of a young Shaun Michaels. The creative should push some of the NXT players for sure. However, they can't jump up the card so rapidly. There is a vacuum right now at the top. They had the chance to do some thing innovative. I would have loved Kewin Owens as a champ for example. However, what we got was the same stale stuff. Sheamus was progressing well. Had some fine matches in the build up to him becoming champion. No way could Sheamus or Reigns carry the championship right now though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have loved Tyler Breeze in the few matches in which I saw him. Reminded me of a young Shaun Michaels. The creative should push some of the NXT players for sure. However, they can't jump up the card so rapidly. There is a vacuum right now at the top. They had the chance to do some thing innovative. I would have loved Kewin Owens as a champ for example. However, what we got was the same stale stuff. Sheamus was progressing well. Had some fine matches in the build up to him becoming champion. No way could Sheamus or Reigns carry the championship right now though.
Yeah I'd only be asking for Balor/Zayn to move up to mid-upper face position.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The one PPV per month is hurting story lines a lot. They follow a pattern every time. What they should probably do is have a few more wrestlers and have storylines build up which don't necessarily lead to a match in the very next PPV. I was wondering another thing. The long Monday Nite show of WCW ultimately hurt the company. WWE is following a similar pattern after extending raw by an hour.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I hope they don't move anyone up from NXT, I'd prefer just to keep watching them in NXT.

And yeah, the third hour of RAW does kill the show, but it brings in the $$$ so it's going nowhere.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I And yeah, the third hour of RAW does kill the show, but it brings in the $$$ so it's going nowhere.
True in general but with ratings as they are you have to think a two hour show would be better and draw in more viewers. Might be something that's considered next time the deal comes up for review

Athlai

Not Terrible
I hope they don't move anyone up from NXT, I'd prefer just to keep watching them in NXT.

And yeah, the third hour of RAW does kill the show, but it brings in the $$$ so it's going nowhere.
Yeah I really enjoy NXT but I actually back them to build new stars down there to replace those that move up.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the people writing the segments are to be blamed most.
Well Vince is the one who picks what goes on, so he gets the blame. They might be some amazing stuff being written but if Vince doesn't like it...

You can promote this NXT guy or push that guy a bit, but at the end of the day, Roman has been pushed for over a year now, and it's been a colossal failure and Vince needs to admit that. That's one of the most important things. And then they have to review why it failed, was it preventable etc because it could just happen again.

Anyway if they do that, I think this could actually be the time to cash in on the "anyone can win the Royal Rumble" chip. Sami Zayn plz

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also, he had the belt for 5 minutes, but Roman has effectively been the WWE champ ever since that push started. the only thing more prestigious than the belt is being the guy, and they made it clear he was the guy