• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wyatts getting a massive pop for coming out against League of Nations was Pretty cool. Was a weird Raw. The last half hour was so **** and the rest ranged from okay to good.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't get the point of the ECW originals. I know they're gonna do the job for the Wyatt family, but it seems a waste of two pretty likeable guys who no-one expected to ever be a part of a program again. The other thing is, all this time I thought Dudleys and New Day was gonna end in a TLC match at TLC...instead at TLC the Dudleys are part of a ECW-style thing...which could have happened at extreme rules?

After the Taker thing finished, I thought they were gonna have Harper/Bray and the other two roll on as separate tag teams but flying underneath the Wyatt family banner (which they did for a couple of Raws), leading to a match between the two teams which obviously Bray/Harper win.

OverratedSanity

I quite like the whole ECW thing really. They definitely have to do the job though.
I wish they'd stop doing stuff like this though. Bringing back old farts to have matches with up and coming youngsters doesn't ever end well for the current stars. Either the old guys win, making the young guys look like jokes, or the young guns win and whoop de ****ing do. Beating Tommy Dreamer doesn't do much for them at all.

OverratedSanity

Oh and I tried to watch Raw again and caught the last half hour. Big mistake. I'm officially done. Not watching again until people rave about an episode.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wish they'd stop doing stuff like this though. Bringing back old farts to have matches with up and coming youngsters doesn't ever end well for the current stars. Either the old guys win, making the young guys look like jokes, or the young guns win and whoop de ****ing do. Beating Tommy Dreamer doesn't do much for them at all.
Can be a cool spectacle though. Might stoke the interest of people who wouldn't ordinarily be watching etc...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
How empty would your life have to be to go out of your way in 2015 to tune into Tommy Dreamer?:-O
Well, yeah, this is a fair point. However, whilst I would not go out of my way to watch him, it does elevate my interest in the programming above what it would have been ordinarily, albeit only slightly. Were I a particularly big Dreamer fan, or it was somebody else in his place that I did care about, I suspect it might capture my interest a great deal more.

In any case, the success of WWE isn't going to be made or broken by things like this, I just think that if they are done well and sensibly, and not done too often, they can be alright.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and I tried to watch Raw again and caught the last half hour. Big mistake. I'm officially done. Not watching again until people rave about an episode.
Yeah, was complete brutality, no idea how I sat through that. If TLC wasn't free for us I'd completely forget about watching it. It's all so meh right now.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah me too since the Rollins injury. I just cannot handle the excessive focus on Roman who is someone I really, really don't care about, particularly when they are trying to make him cut Rock promos like this week missing the point that the reason the Rock could get away with saying nonsensical claptrap to insult the opponent and entertain the crowd was far, far more to do with the 1 in 10,000 confidence level and crowd sense that he had and little to do with the actual content. Roman's clearly a different type of person and that's fine. Just stop insulting our intelligence.

Tator tot? ffs.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Times like these I miss guys like Cena and Rollins as the focal point of the shows. They were horrendously booked at times and weren't amazing with the mic, but at least you could believe that they were portraying their authentic selves, were outstanding weekly in the ring and almost always gave an an elite PPV performance.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cena's promos have been pretty horrible on the whole for a while now tbf. On the whole I'd agree that he's a huge asset, but I have no desire to see shows built around him any longer.

OverratedSanity

Yeah I'd rather Roman stink it up than see Cena main eventing everything. Atleast Reigns is a new guy. Problem is, he feels stale as **** because they're trying to turn him into Cena/Rock and he comes off as a second rate version of them. He can't do comedy. Stop trying to force it.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Cena's promos have been pretty horrible on the whole for a while now tbf. On the whole I'd agree that he's a huge asset, but I have no desire to see shows built around him any longer.
Yep, I agree with this. It's just that while RAW was pretty bad at peak Cena 20 minute promo time, it wasn't as horrendous as suffering through a Roman promo.

I think Cena is naturally a good speaker and a charismatic guy whose promos were often terrible due to the stupidity of the underdog angles he was involved in and not his skills as a promo guy. I mean, in some of the exceptional angles where what he said was based on an ounce of the truth, he cut some amazing promos which wouldn't have been possible if he didn't have the talent for it. I'm talking the famous Rock promo or his contract signing segment with Punk before Summerslam '11.

On the other hand, Roman simply doesn't have the ability to cut promos like that and WWE is determined to give 15-20 minutes speaking time each RAW to their top guy which has turned into a cringefest. With Cena cutting a long underdog promo, it was same old **** again. With Roman doing it, I feel deeply embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. Seriously, check out today's tator tot segment.

On the whole, I agree that Cena as the top guy again wouldn't be particularly exciting but if at gunshot, I have no option but to choose between Cena and Reigns as the underdog babyface top guy, I'd rather have Cena with all his faults. Obviously, I'd change this opinion if WWE would start booking their top guy differently but they don't seem to have any inclination of doing so.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I just read that Dean threw popcorn at owens. You put by far the two best talkers in the WWE in a feud and barely a week before their big PPV match, they haven't even had a proper promo face off yet. Great. Smh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Dean/Owens thing has been hampered by the Rollins injury. The tournament pretty clearly held back the League of Nations forming and pushed back the KO/Ambrose feud.

There have only been 3 Raws since SS to build to TLC, the first Raw had the #1 contendership IC, the second Raw had a sick Owens so he didn't show, and this third Raw had Dean disrespect him.