• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
haven't watched yet. they does seem to be an inherent contradiction in having Sheamus cash in because they don't want Champ Roman to be booed and instead want to build him up and get the audience to cheer for him against Sheamus, and then having Sheamus form a stable of guys of fun guys (Rusev, Wade), and then doubling down by having the New Day celebrate with him. Guess what? I found myself enjoying Sheamus watching this!
Yeah but they're also making Roman just punch people and be a bad ass instead, it was actually a pretty awesome Raw.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i note that even in the 7 on 4 handicap, it's Ambrose taking the pin at the end instead of Roman That's missing an opportunity to really say to the fans that they're listening, they are changing things

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm watching No Way Out 2001 and after a fantastic fatal four way between Eddie, Benoit, Y2J and X-Pac for the IC title, it's Stephanie v. Trish, the storyline being that Steph worked hard to sedate Linda and make her a vegetable and Trish worked hard by sleeping with Vince so it's time to determine who the 'dominant female' of the roster is.

King asks Test, who supposedly knows both women very well, his prediction for who will win. I wish I was exaggerating but his quote verbatim is:

"Today we will know who the biggest, baddest trashbag ho in the business is."

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm watching No Way Out 2001 and after a fantastic fatal four way between Eddie, Benoit, Y2J and X-Pac for the IC title, it's Stephanie v. Trish, the storyline being that Steph worked hard to sedate Linda and make her a vegetable and Trish worked hard by sleeping with Vince so it's time to determine who the 'dominant female' of the roster is.

King asks Test, who supposedly knows both women very well, his prediction for who will win. I wish I was exaggerating but his quote verbatim is:

Ah... Good times...

King Pietersen

International Captain

Who?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

There are so many different "who is the odd one out?" questions/answers you could make up from those 4.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Pretty great PPV from what I remember. Austin-HHH was on another level. Also remember Hebner's **** up in the main event.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pretty great PPV from what I remember. Austin-HHH was on another level. Also remember Hebner's **** up in the main event.
Just finished it. Oh man, that finish to Austin-HHH. The main event was incredible too, Rock did everything in his power to make Kurt look as strong as possible. Three amazing matches, a very entertaining triple threat table tag title match and some garbage yet fun filler.

It's crazy that you had 3 PPVs like RR, No Way Out and WM17 back to back in 2001 and all of them are probably in the top 10 or so PPVs I've seen. I think 2000-2001 is miles apart wrestling quality wise from 1998-1999, best time for PPVs in wrestling.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just finished it. Oh man, that finish to Austin-HHH. The main event was incredible too, Rock did everything in his power to make Kurt look as strong as possible. Three amazing matches, a very entertaining triple threat table tag title match and some garbage yet fun filler.

It's crazy that you had 3 PPVs like RR, No Way Out and WM17 back to back in 2001 and all of them are probably in the top 10 or so PPVs I've seen. I think 2000-2001 is miles apart wrestling quality wise from 1998-1999, best time for PPVs in wrestling.
yep, wwf from radicals arriving to mania 17 is the strongest period for any wrestling company ever, imo

TV was great every week, both Raw and Smackdown. PPV always delivered, even the poorer ones have at least a match or two to make it worth your while. Rock was at his best, as was HHH. Midcarders rose up, those three tag teams tore it up.

Obviously there was still crap about and there always will be. But it was the minority. There's always rose tinted views of the attitude era, because a lot of the TV was **** and illogical, PPVs sucked until the main event, blood for blood's sake ruled the roost. I mean I loved it then but it's true. But you get to 2000 and it was just all round great.

What a time to be alive

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

The bloke who made this has another couple of similar videos. Decent little reminders of some stuff I had forgotten about.