• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, time for part two. I have asked for the previous one closed as suggested by Jack.

Seeing as its a new thread let's do a quick WWE title roll call.

WWE Champion: John Cena
World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
US Champion: Kofi Kingston
IC Champion: Wade Barrett
Tag Champs: Big Show and Kane
Divas Champ: Brie Bella (I think it's Brie anyway)

I think Sting is TNA Champ, no idea about ROH.

Anyway, as you were...

weeman27bob

International Regular
A match between Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara would be the most amazing spectacle ever.

That's my only current thought.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good to see a new thread. Now where were we?

I didn't even realise who the US and IC Champions were. A far cry from when the IC Championship was the second most prestigious belt on the show.

Also interesting news that TNA Wrestling is rebranding itself to Impact Wrestling. Not sure what I think of the rebranding but TNA was a name that people never took seriously anyway and after 9 years has really failed to be recognised amongst casual viewers.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They are making 'Wrestling Matters their slogan, too. A shot at WWE, basically.

What TNA don't realise is that WWE are better than them for both wrestling and entertainment.

Fusion

Global Moderator
So where does he place in your all-time rankings? I stopped following Wrestling after the 1990's, so my judgment is limited to who I remember, but I have him in my top 5.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In terms of pure favourites, he makes my top 5. I wouldn't have him in an 'objective' top 5 per se. But favourites? In no order, you've got him, Shawn, Rock, Jericho and Cena, for me personally.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah meant more in terms of “favorites”. Even when I did follow Wrestling, I wasn’t a hard core fan, so I wouldn’t be able to tell you “objectively” who’s a top 5 candidate anyway. My favorites would be Hogan, Macho Man, Brett Hart, Ultimate Warrior, and The Undertaker. Probably outside of the mainstream consensus, but there you have it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah, if you watched up to the 90s then you certainly wouldn't be alone with those picks :p

Majin

International Debutant
so gutted about that, Macho Man was so awesome. His matches against Ricky Steamboat for the IC belt were amazing.

masterblaster

International Captain
RIP Macho Man. It's horrible news. He'll definitely go down as one of the all time greats and he's well deserving of a spot in the WWE Hall of Fame.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The HOF will surely happen next year. Might have done anyway with it being in Florida and their stance on him seemingly cooling over the past couple of years (the DVD - which is awesome, and the fact he was included on the new game and they promoted that fact on Raw).

I wonder who will/would induct him though.Steamboat?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
****, that's terrible to hear. Waited for years to see the Miss Macho Man (.com) contest. "So Stephanie McMahon get ready for the kid!". RIP.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Horrible news. So many memories.

Only a few days ago I made a post saying I had watched some classic Macho Man promos in the old wrestling thread. :cry:

RIP :(

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I highly recommend his DVD btw

Wouldn't be surprised if another one followed now

masterblaster

International Captain
Over the Limit was a pretty average show. Only match worth checking out was the Randy Orton vs Christian match. A contender for match of the year for sure. It's probably the most compelling and slow build feuds they've got going at the moment so definitely interested to see how it pans out.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Over the Limit was a pretty average show. Only match worth checking out was the Randy Orton vs Christian match. A contender for match of the year for sure. It's probably the most compelling and slow build feuds they've got going at the moment so definitely interested to see how it pans out.
I enjoyed the show, but there wasn't a lot that will be remembered in a few months time aside from orton-Christian. What a match. Christian's most important performance, ever, I'd say.

The I Quit match was good too aside from the rushed ending. I'd have just had Cena manage to lock in the STF via a trip or something to save a silly comeback, if that makes sense.

A loving tribute to Macho Man by a famous American sports blogger. Full of hyperbole and I can’t say I agree with everything, but it’s a nice piece written by an obvious life-long fan.
I've been overwhelmed by the amount of Savage tributes, all over the net. Friends that I didn't even know ever watched wrestling have made the great man their Facebook profile pic.