• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, there is just nothing appealing about Sheamus. I don't dislike the guy at all, but he is soooo uninteresting.

Same goes for the Wyatts really. They're basically on life support now. Probably only a loss or two away from becoming some sort of banjo-playing hillbilly comedy face group.
Agreed, he won't let anybody down in the ring, but he is very stale. His gimmick when he returned and feuded with Bryan was fun, but that should have been his ceiling.

He has been given chances before and I just don't think he has enough about him to be champion whatsoever.

As others have said, it's a lazy rehash of the Bryan storyline. He may as well grow a beard and marry a Bella. :laugh:

Having slept on it, not as positive about as I was last night. The 2 qualifying matches were solid and ADR for the first time since he returned looked on his game, hopefully he got a rocket uo the arse for his match on Raw last week. The 5 on 5 was fun when it started, but ended up an absolute mess. The divas match was very bland, people blaming the crowd for lack of reaction are lazy, Charlotte has never been over and won't be as a face until she gets some bloody personality bar been mini Flair. Becky is the one they should have pushed as face champion, but heh no famous Dad sadly.

Kane/Taker v Wyatts, the highlights were the entrances. I love Taker as much as anyone, but if he must stick around, the only people he should be beating are other guys who are semi retired. Bray needs to win some meaningful matches soon as well.

The final match was fine, but everyone knew what was coming.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, there is just nothing appealing about Sheamus. I don't dislike the guy at all, but he is soooo uninteresting.

Same goes for the Wyatts really. They're basically on life support now. Probably only a loss or two away from becoming some sort of banjo-playing hillbilly comedy face group.
Yep, agree on both.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
holy **** the MITB routine has gotten old

so predictable

only cool thing was seeing a match in a confetti-filled ring. nice imagery. i like how it camouflaged sheamus's run out to the ring too

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen the PPV yet, and I'm not going to but the thing that bothers me more than everything else is that Reigns vs Ambrose was 9 minutes. What?! How the **** did that happen?

Niall

International Coach
Haven't seen the PPV yet, and I'm not going to but the thing that bothers me more than everything else is that Reigns vs Ambrose was 9 minutes. What?! How the **** did that happen?
Good point, it needed longer as it was just getting hot and then over. I dunno, Taker and Wyatts took to much time for their entrances.:laugh:

Anyway yeah, it really is Daniel Bryan all over again:-O

https://streamable.com/t997

Teja.

Global Moderator
Holy ****, that was bad.

The divas match wasn't great but was very solid and credible IMO, it would have been slightly disappointing if it was an NXT special women's title match but for WWE, it was a huge improvement over your average bella match. Solid **1/2 star match IMO. Now, we want Sasha etc.

The 5-10 minutes from the new day entrance to the new day leaving was by far the most entertaining part of the PPV.

ARE YOU READY FELLAS?

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good point, it needed longer as it was just getting hot and then over. I dunno, Taker and Wyatts took to much time for their entrances.:laugh:

Anyway yeah, it really is Daniel Bryan all over again:-O

https://streamable.com/t997
I just love how the biggest crowd reaction Sheamus has recieved in years was a massive cheer as a heel pinning the supposed golden boy face champion :laugh:.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ronald Funches @RonFunches
One of the storylines in WWE is that an old man has found tolerance and his old hick buddy won't accept it, and that guy is the good guy!

Athlai

Not Terrible
I actually feel a bit better with Shaemus now that they've shown us team Eurotrash is backing him up.
New Day continue to ****ing kill it.
Breeze is wrestling with some of the best in the business.
Lucia Dragons are getting given characters sorta.
Goldust is back.
Sasha vs. Becky

There's a lot to like in there. I don't think MexAmerica is salvageable though, at least Zeb gets to say hilarious things.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Managed to watch Survivor Series this weekend as I was at a friends house watching NFL and he had it on one of the TV's.

Summary thoughts:
- Are any of these people supposed to be likable in any way?
- No seriously, really?
- Why the **** did that Women's Match go for so ****ing long? If there wasn't NFL on the other televisions I would have fallen asleep. "Oh they've improved so much technically". Who gives a ****. Call me when they're not called "Divas" anymore and then the WWE's pretend respect for them as athletes can maybe be legitimised.
- Is Roman Reigns wearing a bulletproof vest? That's... weird, I guess. He's no Big Bossman, that's for sure.
- I didn't even know who the MITB guy was (or if they still did MITB) and the first thing I said after my friend told me what had transpired and that they were having a tournament for the vacant title was "Oh so they're gonna win and then MITB is gonna show up and take the title yeah?". gg WWE.

All in all I'm glad I don't watch this **** anymore.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Actually yeah I will agree about The New Day guys, they were genuinely entertaining, as were those Mexican dudes. Surprised Kofi Kingston is still around tbbh.

Kevin Ownes didn't come off as anything interesting to me but all he did was try to be menacing and I didn't find it very believable.