• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Crowd sucked TBF. The semi finals were fine, probably ADRs best so far since his return. The crowd was pretty into it. Then they gave blue balls to the crowd by taking away the hot as **** New Day and give us one of the worst 5v5 matches I've ever seen. It'd be bad on Smackdown FFS.

Charlotte, Paige and Ziggler Breeze out on good matches but unless you get a marky crowd, you're not going to get big cheers for that.

The end and the Wyatt Taker thing? Siiiigh.

I'll forgive Wyatt Taker if Wyatt retires him at WM and Harper retires Kane. Would also love to see Harper use the choke slam,/tomb stone and Bray the Hells Gate.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I mean Wyatt Taker was fun but pointless. booking that only suggests "how can we make the best Kane Undertaker match with a months notice".

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I get what wwe were trying to do with the cash in. But in the case of Daniel Bryan losing it to Orton, it worked because both guys were extremely over. Most people don't give a **** about Sheamus and no one wants to root for Reigns. Just doesn't work.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I honestly think Reigns and Shaemus get a lot of **** they don't deserve. I've liked the recent work from Shaemus.

But jeez, the prospect of them feuding is so depressing.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I get what wwe were trying to do with the cash in. But in the case of Daniel Bryan losing it to Orton, it worked because both guys were extremely over. Most people don't give a **** about Sheamus and no one wants to root for Reigns. Just doesn't work.
When did this happen?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, there is just nothing appealing about Sheamus. I don't dislike the guy at all, but he is soooo uninteresting.

Same goes for the Wyatts really. They're basically on life support now. Probably only a loss or two away from becoming some sort of banjo-playing hillbilly comedy face group.

Agent TBY

International Captain
The good:

- New Day / Barrett / Sheamus promo
- Old school. Along with the no-hands plancha, I thought Taker put this move away for good a few years ago because he couldn't do it/couldn't risk it anymore. When he struggled to get to the second rope before Harper blocked it, I thought, "here we go again". But he went back a second time, and actually pulled it off. He's still really got it.

The bad:

- Square pegs and round holes yet again.

I listened to that Solomonster thing linked above and just rolled my eyes when he started talking about how he was a fan of the Roman Empire idea or whatever. Of course he's a fan of it, it's his own fantasy booking. And fantasy booking is all it is—it makes no storyline sense, has no basis in continuity, and is just all-round wankery. The E were never going to turn Reigns heel, it's just not how they roll anymore. And they're not going to book a strong heel champ, because they don't want "he's so good, but why is he such a jerk?" reactions, they want "that guy doesn't deserve to be champ". They even made Randy ****ing Orton look like Bryan's bitch throughout his reign (and even before, if you remember the build to Summerslam), with his only strong moment coming in the title unification match. At some point you just have to accept that this is how the face-dominant company wants to run things, deal with it, and find new sources of amusement within the show they put on, or step away from the product because it's just not for you. Complaining endlessly about it is a waste of energy.

But you ever watch a WWE dvd or documentary, always filled with praise and pearls of wisdom about how things work best when they're organic and authentic; how characters are the best when they're the actual person just dialed to 11, and then look at the product over the last how many ever years, and it's clear they don't practice what they preach. Here's a shoddy image I whipped up in a minute to illustrate:

Feel something off? Yeah.

In the two decades or so that the E have been running authority vs. anti-authority stories, I can remember it working well all of three times: Austin, Summer of Punk, Bryan. Cena vs. Bischoff, Cena vs. Laurinaitis, and countless others were busts. And despite going on and on about authenticity every chance they get, it's staggeringly obvious that they just don't understand the difference between the two scenarios. Every time the crowd has gotten behind a face character feuding with the authority figure, it's happened because their struggles were believable, genuine, and authentic, but the E keep trying to force it over and over and over, hoping that what worked once or twice will work again, this time in their favour.

But it won't. It never has, and it never will. You just cannot pit your golden boy against the authority figure, insist he has his odds stacked against him, and expect people to buy into it. The audience can see right through it, and as HBK said, when people can see you've got a rocket strapped to someone's ass, they generally don't like it. That is why Orton vs. Evolution didn't work, that is why slotting Cena in against the authority and Lesnar in '14 didn't work, and that is why Reigns vs. the authority isn't going to work.

And still it keeps ****ing happening. I just don't know anymore.

Spikey

You know, they can still do the Roman heelturn, and pretty easily too. It'd be a slow burn, but you can have Roman and Dean drift apart with Roman showing some displeasure with Dean, who was in the ring a minute before, not stopping Sheamus from cashing in, and general displeasure at being 'screwed' over a second time with the cash. So he starts behaving more dickish and starts taking a short cut here and there and you've got the building blocks for the turn and a match against Dean at the Rumble. (NOT AT FASTLANE)

The other thing is, HHH can pretty easily turn on Sheamus. He didn't give Sheamus the briefcase like with Rollins. He didn't lay out Reigns for Sheamus like with Randy. He didn't make Sheamus the guy, Sheamus just took the chance. And HHH might play along for now, but he can ditch Sheamus for someone else and say all that. And that guy could be Reigns if he starts behaving like the above.

and hey, maybe The Usos join the authority tomorrow night, saying Roman taught them a lesson, to say yes to the authority, and then The Usos can be the ones that betray Sheamus.

It'd be a contrived way to go about it, but it should be on the table.

edit: Welp don't read this post Agent TBY

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In the two decades or so that the E have been running authority vs. anti-authority stories, I can remember it working well all of three times: Austin, Summer of Punk, Bryan. Cena vs. Bischoff, Cena vs. Laurinaitis, .
u srs bro?

Edit: good post otherwise Srizza, I don't disagree with you at all.

Spikey

Really small, somewhat off-topic thing: I'd personally would like more groups/alliances among the babyfaces. I'm not sure how much it'd change things, but it feels like a lot of the babyfaces are by themselves. I know as a fan I like it more when wrestlers are having fun with other wrestlers, which is kinda hard to do when you're by yourself, and it helps get the "one man against the world/authority" trope out of the picture.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really small, somewhat off-topic thing: I'd personally would like more groups/alliances among the babyfaces. I'm not sure how much it'd change things, but it feels like a lot of the babyfaces are by themselves. I know as a fan I like it more when wrestlers are having fun with other wrestlers, which is kinda hard to do when you're by yourself, and it helps get the "one man against the world/authority" trope out of the picture.
The danger with that is we run the risk of ending up with loads of Dean/Roman best buddies 4 lfy crap or, even worse, a TNA type situation where you have endless factions.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wait you mean you liked Cena vs big Johnny?
Oh my bad, I misread his post. I thought Srizza was saying how good it was. :laugh:

I, like pretty much everyone else, most certainly did not find Cena vs Johnny Ace good. Not in the slightest. Especially the way it mainevented that PPV that also had Bryan vs Punk on the card.