• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Watching Forever Hardcore at the moment, not sure how I missed its existence for so long. Not too bad, a little ass-kissey especially early on but I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: any other good Wrestling Docos out there? Mainly focused on 90's-00's Wrestling if possible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is that the doco where New Jack states how he tried to kill Vic Grimes? That guy is a genuine lunatic.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Watching Forever Hardcore at the moment, not sure how I missed its existence for so long. Not too bad, a little ass-kissey especially early on but I'm enjoying it.

EDIT: any other good Wrestling Docos out there? Mainly focused on 90's-00's Wrestling if possible.
Presume you'll have seen Beyond The Mat? Re-watched it again recently, and loved it. Such a good documentary! The Rise and Fall documentaries about WCW and ECW are good watches too, the WWE have put some good documentaries out.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I've seen Beyond the Mat a few times.

I thought about the WWE ones but I find it hard to believe that theirs aren't filled with WWE-driven agenda. Not really sure I want to buy into their propaganda about their own history.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I've seen Beyond the Mat a few times.

I thought about the WWE ones but I find it hard to believe that theirs aren't filled with WWE-driven agenda. Not really sure I want to buy into their propaganda about their own history.
I've always taken that attitude to these sorts of things as well, but I think they are getting better in this regard. The CM Punk doco they did a few years back was pretty balanced. Or at least it appeared to be, I guess there's no real way of checking how much has been airbrushed over/span in a certain way.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've always taken that attitude to these sorts of things as well, but I think they are getting better in this regard. The CM Punk doco they did a few years back was pretty balanced. Or at least it appeared to be, I guess there's no real way of checking how much has been airbrushed over/span in a certain way.
Weren't they going to do a doco on Ultimate Warrior, and then when they couldn't come to an agreement, they did a doco just slamming him?

That hurt their cred imo (even though I watched it etc.)

I thought their death of WCW one was good even though it was clearly biased. Its one of those things where even though you know you're getting only one point of view, its still entertaining/interesting stuff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Weren't they going to do a doco on Ultimate Warrior, and then when they couldn't come to an agreement, they did a doco just slamming him?

That hurt their cred imo (even though I watched it etc.)

I thought their death of WCW one was good even though it was clearly biased. Its one of those things where even though you know you're getting only one point of view, its still entertaining/interesting stuff.
Yeah, these were the ones I had in mind tbh. The Warrior one focused heavily on his decline and failings iirc.

Largely agree with you on the WCW one. It was really interesting and entertaining, but like you say, it obviously harboured some bias. I guess in that case it was always inevitable though. I mean, it'd be totally illogical to do anything other than portray the E as being anything other than the superior company, given the way things panned out for WCW etc...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
From what I remember, the rise and fall of ECW is a lot more balanced

The rise and fall of WCW is a good watch where it has unique content. Chunks of it are taken from the Monday night war doco which, whilst an enjoyable watch, is the kind of propaganda you're after avoiding.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unsure if I mentioned but I went to Wrestlemania, Hall of Fame, Axxess and Raw in New Orleans, pretty crazy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's ****ing awsome. What was the atmosphere like/where were your seats/how did you manage to get seats in the fist place/did you enjoy the show?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That's ****ing awsome. What was the atmosphere like/where were your seats/how did you manage to get seats in the fist place/did you enjoy the show?
My brother bought the package which includes hotel, Raw and Hall of Fame. Good seats, hundred level. Show was amazing. Lesnar ending the streak was the most awesome moment I've experienced. No one could believe it, everyone **** themselves. No one believed it until (and you cannot really see it on the live feed but you can hear it), 21-1 quickly cut onto the big screen. And then it faded away. Everyone afterwards was saying it was a 'botch' which just epitomised the level of denial because not only did Undertaker not kick out at 2, he did not kick out at 3, or 4, or 100. Seeing Daniel Bryan win the title was exceptional too. I hate it when people say "but where do they go from here". This was the culmination, climax, end of a great story and for the love of God I thought the RKO/Batista bomb had genuinely killed him!

Watching the NXT matches at Axxess was cool too. My cousin has picked a guy called Baron Corbin for future greatness whereas I think that the future is a guy called Colin Cassady. We both agreed though that a diva called Alexa Bliss was awesome.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My brother bought the package which includes hotel, Raw and Hall of Fame. Good seats, hundred level. Show was amazing. Lesnar ending the streak was the most awesome moment I've experienced. No one could believe it, everyone **** themselves. No one believed it until (and you cannot really see it on the live feed but you can hear it), 21-1 quickly cut onto the big screen. And then it faded away. Everyone afterwards was saying it was a 'botch' which just epitomised the level of denial because not only did Undertaker not kick out at 2, he did not kick out at 3, or 4, or 100. Seeing Daniel Bryan win the title was exceptional too. I hate it when people say "but where do they go from here". This was the culmination, climax, end of a great story and for the love of God I thought the RKO/Batista bomb had genuinely killed him!

Watching the NXT matches at Axxess was cool too. My cousin has picked a guy called Baron Corbin for future greatness whereas I think that the future is a guy called Colin Cassady. We both agreed though that a diva called Alexa Bliss was awesome.
Haha that's incredible. The disbelief of the fans is almost unprecedented.

Has there ever been anything as shocking in modern day pro wrestling? Maybe Hogan turning heel and joining nWo? All I can think of.