• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think it looks cool, but it seems to have caused more injures than any other move

King Pietersen

International Captain
The Style's Clash shouldn't be dangerous at all. The only people that have been hurt taking it are the guys that have been stupid and tucked their heads. Taking the Styles Clash basically involves doing nothing at all. It's a pretty standard face-bump, and AJ explains how to take it to everyone he gives it to, not his fault that they decide to tuck their head.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Gun. Can still remember when they did their own theme music like this (and HHH's iirc) back in those attitude era backstage segments with Foley :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not bothered really. Rollins is supposed to be a guy who thinks he's better than he is.

It's just in reality he's actually that good. When he turns face he will get that sort of protection.

New Day in main events back to back, so good. Would also be great tomsee them really learn the in ring trade of tag teams too. They're good in the ring but not great yet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sasha vs. Paige ended that way too. Tamina is growing on me. One of the few divas who actually understand how to act when out on stage. Too bad she can't wrestle.

Hoping Charlotte wins next Monday but shenanigans seem likely.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching Stone cold podcast with Edge+Christian. Really fun. But watching it just makes me mad how WWE never pushed Christian at all. He's not called Captain Charisma for nothing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Vince just never rated him, and possibly actually hated him.

I think it was Kurt Angle who said Vince came to him once and said he wanted Christian's gimmick to be that his face was actually blurred out in all footage/photographs because he looked "kinda funny". Glad that never came to pass; would have been dire.

Anyway, on the whole I would say Christian is probably somewhat underrated. Could play either face or heel really well (probably best as a heel though, v hateable), and his ring work was sound. Was obvs never going to be a really top guy, but deserved his little run with the World Title a few years ago (really enjoyed that period as a fan too - not only was him winning really cool, but his subsequent matches with Orton were really good). He can be proud of his career on the whole I think, I doubt he will look back with any regrets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Would be alright but I don't think Owens would really be able to carry Big Show through a decent match. Cesaro comes to mind but he's a good guy. Orton could but it'd be a bit of a disservice to Big Show to serve him up to another ATG well into their career. Stardust isn't doing anything but it isn't exactly his style. Barrett is gone to film a movie.
Wyatts are occupied. Anyone in NXT? The only guys ready to come up are Breeze and Balor.
Big Show v Rusev at Mania in his home town. It doesn't have to be a loss for Big Show either.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think Christian was ever all that great. Would definitely place him in the B+ player ranks, definitely an asset but never able to carry the show by himself. He's an upper mid card ATG.