• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hang on, Danielson is in the WWE :-O

I deadset had no idea you were referring to him. That's pretty awesome. YEah I used to download his matches on ROH back in 04-05.

What's his WWE name then?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good, never really liked the 2 belts but just accepted it.

Reminds me of when Jericho had the 2 belts in 2001. "Undisputed champions".

Ah Jericho, wag.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the WHC was always (or at least nearly always) very obviously title #2 for mine as well. I know a lot of big names held it, and it was involved in some really big angles etc... But I always got the impression that only the guys the E really rated were allowed to hold the WWE title. So it (slightly) ****s me that Jericho never held it again after his undisputed run.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In HHH's defence, his Mania matches in recent years have been stellar
Actually, that is a fair comment. I had forgotten about the HIAC he had with Taker, which was excellent.

I seem to remember enjoying his match with Lesnar last year too, though I've forgotten most of it now, so maybe it wasn't that good after all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah I don't buy that at all. The whole thing was definitely deliberate imo.

If you rewatch it, you can tell that the commentators know what's coming. Some of JBL's comments border on the "but who's side is he on?" type imo.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh right haha, yeah, pretty poor journalism that.

But some of our own readers have suggested another type of Brock Lesnar conspiracy theory. It’s claimed that Undertaker losing was a mistake or an accident. For evidence for this idea, they point to how Paul Heyman was freaking out while there was a delayed reaction with both the background music and color commentators. After all, it does seem odd how Daniel Bryan’s triumph was calculated to make the fans extremely happy, so why would Vince McMahon do something completely out of left field like this?
You wonder if the person who wrote this even watches wrestling tbh.

Paul Heyman and the commentators acting surprised is hardly remarkable...I'm pretty sure everyone watching on their TV at home was probably doing the same. The bit about how it's odd because Bryan won the ME is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Am I the only one who liked Lesnar's face run and his rivalry with Kurt Angle?>_>

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Their Wrestlemania match is one of the best I have ever seen. Dat shooting star press at the end was unexpected and awesome.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just watched that opening segment again and Rock's sly dig at Hogan was amazing. "Superdome" :lol:

Their Wrestlemania match is one of the best I have ever seen. Dat shooting star press at the end was unexpected and awesome.
That was a horrible botch wasnt it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, he nearly broke his neck haha. Still a pretty cool moment, but it was a miracle he managed to give Angle another F5 to finish the match apparently.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some of the best moves in wrestling are the high risk botches. Mankind vs Taker Hell in a cell for example. Makes it more real and makes you appreciate the brutality in it even when its just entertainment.
That wasn't a botch