Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Does he have talent in the ring?

I really only watched a little bit, but a guy that can cut a promo like that with the crowd chanting "What?" (Are we in 2001? Has that returned? lol) and with that look has potential.

Of course if he's a stinker in the ring then that'd be an issue.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Oh and GIMH I haven't checked out the Savage DVD yet. Will do so.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Does he have talent in the ring?

I really only watched a little bit, but a guy that can cut a promo like that with the crowd chanting "What?" (Are we in 2001? Has that returned? lol) and with that look has potential.

Of course if he's a stinker in the ring then that'd be an issue.
    The what chant has been constant for a good few years. Was lame in 01 and is lame now.

I'll be honest, I've not watched much of him. Gave up on NXT a while back. There were some great episodes in the Divas series but it wasn't really worth watching after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    bit late, but caught over the limit pretty much on accident, Christian v Orton was awesome, hated the main event though. Went too far for mine, like how Mick Foley talked in his book about suspending the disbelief or whatever, about halfway through the main event I got fed up with the fact that Cena was still alive (that sounds so much worse than it's supposed to haha) and by the time he came back to win it in about a minute after the beating he was given, was totally over it.

RAW was pretty fun though, pretty much echo MB's view, Alex Riley snapping on the Miz was awesome to watch, even if out of nowhere it made me a little sad for what might have been if they'd had Ted Dibiase jr do the same thing to Orton at the height of tension in legacy. Still annoyed that didn't happen.

And yeah I love crazy R-Truth so bad, such a nutcase, highlight of the entire show for me was when he used the word diddlysquat. Deserves to be a WWE champ just for that imho.

Happy to find out Kharma is pregnant (happy for her anyway), but that segment was so stupid. Apparently she stayed in the ring crying throughout the entire commercial break and the people in attendence were booing like crazy. Can't say I blame them, I was pretty hyped when she came out and then it descended into that.

last thing I want to touch on, obv I'm not as big a Christian fan as some other members on the board but still think it was kinda ****ty to do the whole 5 day title reign thing, but after seeing the buildup to his title match vs Orton, and just the whole partner/friendship with Edge thing, anyone else betting on him winning Money in the Bank? would be awesome. Only two months until MitB, would love to see him pull an Edge and cash in on Orton when he's half ded.
    Last edited by Majin; 27-05-2011 at 03:16 AM.

At the time I agreed with you about Ted. But in hindsight, I'm glad they didn't because he's ****ing useless. The apple fell so far away from the tree that you start to wonder if mummy tree was up to no good.

That's just a joke btw, I'm not actually questioning his parentage

Just had some beer and watched the Wrestlemania 25 match between Hbk and 'Taker. One of the best matches ever.

Yep. I'd say that and two of their other matches are right up there for me (the others being Mania 26 and the first HIAC)

haha..just checked Rock and Cena mic duels on youtube great stuff will surely watch their match at Wrestlemania.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Great, real promo by Kharma on Raw this week. So good of WWE to give her a graceful exit. Hopefully all goes well for her and she's back next year and is healthy. Great stuff by WWE there to give her a proper farewell and not pull some bull**** angle.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Netblazer3D Champion!
    Enjoyed Smackdown heaps this week. The Christian heel turn was done really well and this continues the hottest angle going on in the WWE at the moment. Christian was already begin to show his smarmy heel characteristics in his opening promo and as a referee in the match between Randy Orton and Sheamus and a heel Christian is just what the story needed.

The Ted DiBiase vs Daniel Bryan match was very good too and a feud between Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan is something I can get behind. Enjoyed Jinder Mahal as well and it seems that he has talent. Putting The Great Khali with Jinder Mahal is a very good idea and gives Khali something constructive to do as well.

Really enjoying the Smackdown side of things now and Raw has been good too with the John Cena and R-Truth feud. It's nice to see WWE trying to put new faces in the main event and freshen things up a little bit.

Netblazer3D Champion!
    It seems that Mick Foley is done with TNA for now and will not be renewing his contract when it comes up in September. Mick Foley for Anonymous Raw General Manager anyone? It seems like that would be a pretty good way to go if he makes it back to the WWE.

Mick Foley's mic skills are over rated. He is a crazy sob when matches are concerned and takes awesome falls and hits but I hate his mankind/cactus jack/dude love story. Was good in the Rock n Sock connection and in a promo with Edge but thats about it. Don't want to see him back in the wwe unless he is going to wrestle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Mick Foley's mic skills are over rated. He is a crazy sob when matches are concerned and takes awesome falls and hits but I hate his mankind/cactus jack/dude love story. Was good in the Rock n Sock connection and in a promo with Edge but thats about it. Don't want to see him back in the wwe unless he is going to wrestle.
    Are you serious? One of the best talkers of all-time. Understood the psychological side of wrestling more than anyone.

Yeah one of Shri's worst calls.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information