• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah so true. Was so promising. Wahhhh, so ****.
haha what's funny is that despite being given chance after chance, they just continue to **** things up worse and worse. It's getting to the point where it's just really embarrassing. Nearly all of their talents have bailed, those that they still have aren't even on full-time exclusive deals anymore, and that business with Hernandez appearing on Impact when he was under contract to Lucha Underground was just stupidity beyond belief. What the **** are they playing at?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When did AJ Styles fall away as their main man. Was a fan of his. All 3 in that match were obviously gun but AJ had star factor.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'm just going to ignore that Scott Steiner video. HHH still > *. WAFG.

Yeah, it's interesting that around the time of that match, the Attitude Era had just reached its close, and the WWE had just elevated Cena and Batista to main event level to lay the foundations for building the company around those guys. Fast forward 5-10 years and both guys, but especially Cena, are pretty much synonymous with the identity of the WWE throughout that period.

In this triple threat, TNA had 3 guys who they really could have built their company around, and give it it's own identity. In that clip, for instance, Mike Tenay talks about how the X-Division is the "signature" hook of their entire promotion. Fast forward 5-10 years later, and they've actually gone backwards. TNA absolutely wasted all of these guys and put them on the backburner so that they could try and put over WWE cast offs. The X-division, which was once one of the coolest things in wrestling, doesn't even really exist anymore, and the title has just become meaningless.

Had they done a better job of it there's still no guarantee they'd now be a great deal more successful than they already were at the time of this match, but it really illustrates just how badly they managed to **** everything up despite having all the tools to really do something cool. Wankers.
Yeah, the X Division was gaining some serious popularity, and had some immense talent. Styles, Daniels, Joe, Kazarian, P Williams, Sabin, Shelley, Low Ki, and a few more, such a deep pool of talent. To think that division has now dropped to the level where ****ing Rockstar Dud is the champ, and Grado is competing in title matches is just a joke.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's interesting that around the time of that match, the Attitude Era had just reached its close, and the WWE had just elevated Cena and Batista to main event level to lay the foundations for building the company around those guys. Fast forward 5-10 years and both guys, but especially Cena, are pretty much synonymous with the identity of the WWE throughout that period.

In this triple threat, TNA had 3 guys who they really could have built their company around, and give it it's own identity. In that clip, for instance, Mike Tenay talks about how the X-Division is the "signature" hook of their entire promotion. Fast forward 5-10 years later, and they've actually gone backwards. TNA absolutely wasted all of these guys and put them on the backburner so that they could try and put over WWE cast offs. The X-division, which was once one of the coolest things in wrestling, doesn't even really exist anymore, and the title has just become meaningless.

Had they done a better job of it there's still no guarantee they'd now be a great deal more successful than they already were at the time of this match, but it really illustrates just how badly they managed to **** everything up despite having all the tools to really do something cool. Wankers.
Yeah TNA's X-Division was phenomenal. And their Knockouts Division completely pissed on WWE's "divas". Made them look like a joke. How they weren't able to capitalize I have no idea. They had some really promising stuff and had an audience which loved them.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, AJ Styles was gun! Watched a bit of TNA just for his matches. That X Division died is a shame

Compton

International Debutant
Any 'best match' list that doesn't include Triple H-Kevin Nash TLC2011 is a list that I don't value.

Sledgehammer on a ladder, bitches!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Tweets would be funny just by themselves, but the fact that he thinks they're legit and is actually re-tweeting them is just lolz. What a tool.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Tweets would be funny just by themselves, but the fact that he thinks they're legit and actually re-tweeting them is just lolz. What a tool.
Heh, I saw photos of Kolo, Jack and Welbeck on there and pissed myself laughing. Oh god, he's a moron.

edit: Oh god the Arshavin and Eboue photo takes the cake.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Man I don't have time to think of my top ten but reckon there would be three Shawn V Taker matches in there. WM25 & 26 + the first HIAC match

Rock V Austin at Mania 17, and TLC from same show worthy of consideration

Cena v Punk MITB 11

Maybe some Flair Steamboat. Bret Austin survivor series 96 and wm13. The 92 rumble

Jericho HHH @ Fully Loaded 2000

Michaels Angle maybe

Stream of consciousness really. Would need to think in detail.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Holy **** forgot two of my absolute favourites. Savage Warrior at WM7 and Savage Flair WM8.

Really is a thankless task.