• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha just watched the final moment of the BRock vs. Lesnar match again. Wonder if my man Solomonster was cracking the ****s with constant reversals out of finishers back then.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha just watched the final moment of the BRock vs. Lesnar match again. Wonder if my man Solomonster was cracking the ****s with constant reversals out of finishers back then.
Dwyane vs Johnson was pretty fun too. Undertaker vs Undertaker wasn't though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Of course, just trying to turn it into some sort of discussion.
There might be a bit of rose-tinting going on, but I remember watching that match as a kid and I was absolutely on the edge of my seat. When I watched it again recently I still thought it was top drawer. It might not be the "best" by way of a purely objective metric, but it just had everything for me:

- Two heels who the crowd really hated at the time.
- Two underdog faces who the crowd really loved.
- A storyline that everyone was into.
- All 4 guys were excellent workers.
- The match itself was high octane, back and forth, twists and turns, pretty even. The evil heels looked to have scraped through, only for the heroes to pull it out of the fire at the end.

This is basically what wrestling at it's absolute best is for me.

Agent TBY

International Captain
There might be a bit of rose-tinting going on, but I remember watching that match as a kid and I was absolutely on the edge of my seat. When I watched it again recently I still thought it was top drawer. It might not be the "best" by way of a purely objective metric, but it just had everything for me:

- Two heels who the crowd really hated at the time.
- Two underdog faces who the crowd really loved.
- A storyline that everyone was into.
- All 4 guys were excellent workers.
- The match itself was high octane, back and forth, twists and turns, pretty even. The evil heels looked to have scraped through, only for the heroes to pull it out of the fire at the end.

This is basically what wrestling at it's absolute best is for me.
Yeah, I'm not saying it wasn't great, but there have been some absolutely incredible matches on TV (OS listed a couple, including my own #1) and I'd really hesitate to put it at the very top. I know opinions, YMMV, and all that, but throwing it out there.

Though, to be honest, I don't know how much of my own opinion of the match has been coloured by H's injury. The entire last bit, and especially the Walls of Jericho, is just extremely hard to watch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I'm not saying it wasn't great, but there have been some absolutely incredible matches on TV (OS listed a couple, including my own #1) and I'd really hesitate to put it at the very top. I know opinions, YMMV, and all that, but throwing it out there.

Though, to be honest, I don't know how much of my own opinion of the match has been coloured by H's injury. The entire last bit, and especially the Walls of Jericho, is just extremely hard to watch.
That's interesting actually, because it kind of colours it the other way for me. HHH was on one leg and pretty much in agony, but he still insisted to Jericho (who actually didn't want to do the spot iirc) to put him in the walls, and still managed to soldier through to the end of the match. One of those instances of someone giving absolutely all they have to their art, as it were. Respect where it is due and so on.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yeah true. I thought the bit after that, where Benoit tackles a limping HHH to the mat (not knowing that he's hurt) was really bad to watch as well. Say what you want about him but HHH is a beast. He actually had another tag-match where he tore his quad again (DX vs Edge and Orton), and he finished that one too.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Such a shame TNA has turned into what it has. Back in 04-06 it was awesome.

But enough of that, lets talk some more about how awesome HHH is. WAG.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it's interesting that around the time of that match, the Attitude Era had just reached its close, and the WWE had just elevated Cena and Batista to main event level to lay the foundations for building the company around those guys. Fast forward 5-10 years and both guys, but especially Cena, are pretty much synonymous with the identity of the WWE throughout that period.

In this triple threat, TNA had 3 guys who they really could have built their company around, and give it it's own identity. In that clip, for instance, Mike Tenay talks about how the X-Division is the "signature" hook of their entire promotion. Fast forward 5-10 years later, and they've actually gone backwards. TNA absolutely wasted all of these guys and put them on the backburner so that they could try and put over WWE cast offs. The X-division, which was once one of the coolest things in wrestling, doesn't even really exist anymore, and the title has just become meaningless.

Had they done a better job of it there's still no guarantee they'd now be a great deal more successful than they already were at the time of this match, but it really illustrates just how badly they managed to **** everything up despite having all the tools to really do something cool. Wankers.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, it's interesting that around the time of that match, the Attitude Era had just reached its close, and the WWE had just elevated Cena and Batista to main event level to lay the foundations for building the company around those guys. Fast forward 5-10 years and both guys, but especially Cena, are pretty much synonymous with the identity of the WWE throughout that period.

In this triple threat, TNA had 3 guys who they really could have built their company around, and give it it's own identity. In that clip, for instance, Mike Tenay talks about how the X-Division is the "signature" hook of their entire promotion. Fast forward 5-10 years later, and they've actually gone backwards. TNA absolutely wasted all of these guys and put them on the backburner so that they could try and put over WWE cast offs. The X-division, which was once one of the coolest things in wrestling, doesn't even really exist anymore, and the title has just become meaningless.

Had they done a better job of it there's still no guarantee they'd now be a great deal more successful than they already were at the time of this match, but it really illustrates just how badly they managed to **** everything up despite having all the tools to really do something cool. Wankers.
Yeah so true. Was so promising. Wahhhh, so ****.