• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It's funny how I watched The Devil's Rejects the other day which in turn led to an extended Terry Reid jam. And then I happen to see The Wyatt Family promos for the first time which have to be some of the slickest in a long, long time. Don't belong in this time actually but I hope WWE don't mess this up. And if Jake The Snake does manage a comeback sometime in the near future?...the possibilities with him and these guys are endless.
Yes, he should be the secret leader. Just like when he was allegedly supposed to be the "higher power" of the Corporate Ministry.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If only Billy and Chuck had the same support back in the day:

Nah don't want to trivialise the issue, great to see Young come out and have no qualms either. Awesome stuff.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

I'm kind of torn on this. Really enjoyed watching how Summerslam and RAW turned out, and thought it was pretty awesome. But I'm getting a sense of same old, same old here. I mean, it's the same heel characters (seemingly) teaming up in positions of authority to dominate all the little guys.

Should be interesting to see how it pans out, especially now that Cena is out injured for 4-6 months.

EDIT: Also, despite enjoying the way things panned out, I thought the way Bryan was actually pinned totally sucked (i.e. taking one finisher from a largely retired wrestler and being put away, despite having survived an onslaught from Cena, who's been the most over guy for ages).

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Vince? Triple H? Stephanie? Orton?

Good to see things have changed since 2003 lol.

Note, no idea whether the storyline is good or not, but fmd that's literally the same **** from 10-12 years ago.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Stop living in the past man.

Btw, am watching D'lo Brown vs Jeff Jarrett from Summerslam 99 aws. Thinking of you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was impressive how much weight D'Lo lost and how he improved a lot after doing so

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, watched the shoot interview D'Lo gave about that incident yesterday also. Pretty moving stuff.

Speaking of other sad cases, another guy on that Summerslam card who should have been so much more was Test. The guy got put in several super high profile angles and managed to fail all of them. Very sad how he ended up too.

Watching the event reminded me of how much stronger PPV cards are in general these days. There was so much **** on that Summerslam card. Steve Blackman and Big Bossman ffs. Terrible.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bertcast

Mick Foley talking about his stand-up act on the podcast of one of the funniest blokes in the world, Bert Kreischer. Fascinating listen, love listening to Mick telling stories, and discussing comedy.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Agreed. Really enjoyed the podcast, and would love to see his stand-up. The stories about Sandman and Vader were hilarious, great story teller; much like Bert actually. If you've not heard of Bert before, find his story about his time in Russia on Youtube. Ridiculously funny.

Edit: Wow. Didn't realise the second fall through the HITC wasn't planned. That's a seriously great story.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it's a miracle that a guy so measured and thoughtful outside of the ring could be such a crazy bastard in the ring tbh. It is a remarkable story though, as you say. WWE owe a hell of a lot to Foley, that match really put him on the map, and the resulting feuds were a large part of why they were able to take the lead in the Monday Night Wars.

The ultimate Kingmaker really. Despite having pretty much zero technical skill, he could make any of his opponents look like a million dollars. His matches with Rock and HHH really helped put them over as big stars, and his matches with Austin and Taker were always good as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It just occurred to me the other day that the brand split/extension now seems to be totally dead. Did they ever end it officially? I can't remember, but haven't really paid attention for a long while now.

If it's now really over, they need to trim down the roster and get rid of some of the belts. Two world titles on one show? What's the point in that?

Agent TBY

International Captain
It was dead once they started having the Raw "supershows" a couple of years ago.

The WHC is now more like the IC belt of old. But yeah, they need get rid of either the IC or US belt. They mean nothing these days, anyway.