Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Enjoyed the Edge/Cena promo last night. Reminded me of the "I need the OLD Stone Cold" Vince promo from the Invasion angle.

Also enjoying how they're really making Lesnar look like an utter prick as well.

His promo work has been pretty damn good since his return.

His UFC style sit down promo was great. Interested to see what happens at extreme rules. Cant see lesnar losing his first match back in wwe, but cena losing two consecutive high profile matches also seems unlikely. Although I personally hope lesnar destroys cena and cena takes a well deserved break so that later on he can make a big comeback

I get the feeling it might end with a sick bump/huge spot so it ends officially as a no contest, but that Brock in everything but name is the winner. Similar to the Austin/HHH match at Survivor Series in 2000. In any event, would be good for Cena to take a break, and probably will do the WWE some good to see if someone else can carry the torch for a while.

Wonder how long it will be till Lesnar gets a break as well though, as I gather he's only signed up for a certain number of appearances, and hasn't put his name down for enough for him to do a full time schedule.

I've rarely looked forward to a match as much as I am Cena Vs Brock. So fascinated to see how it goes.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Finally got around to see the Mania this year... An epic battle between HHH v Taker!

Loved it!
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Cena and Lesnar are an item again? Reminds me of high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

Really enjoyed Extreme Rules, all three matches delivered big time, but I didnt understand the logic of Cena winning against Lesnar in his first match back after 8 years.

It was just a simple storyline, that would have made them so much money. The storyline of you've got a legit former WWE champion turned legit former UFC world champion and is 35 years old. You have him beat people and be unstoppable. The storyline turns into "WHO CAN STOP THIS BEASTLY MAN!" You do this all the way up to Taker or Rock or Steve Austin or even Cena at WM. The big pay off.

But they had him beat in his first match back and he's just a stoppable beast now. So stupid.

Such a botch job of epicness

And Post match Cena says that he is taking a long break and then comes back next day and he is scheduled to wrestle at OTL against John Lauranaitis???

Why is Randy Orton so popular?

No personality, ring presence or microphone skills plus he's not very big and isn't a great wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Why is Randy Orton so popular?

No personality, ring presence or microphone skills plus he's not very big and isn't a great wrestler
    It baffles me too.

Would say he's perfectly serviceable in all of those regards to be honest. Has definite star quality too.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Caught up with the past week of wrestling.

Extreme Rules was mega. Three bona fide MOTY contenders but cena-Brock was on another planet.

Interested to see where things go with Brock. Really good Raw.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Really enjoyed Extreme Rules, all three matches delivered big time, but I didnt understand the logic of Cena winning against Lesnar in his first match back after 8 years.

It was just a simple storyline, that would have made them so much money. The storyline of you've got a legit former WWE champion turned legit former UFC world champion and is 35 years old. You have him beat people and be unstoppable. The storyline turns into "WHO CAN STOP THIS BEASTLY MAN!" You do this all the way up to Taker or Rock or Steve Austin or even Cena at WM. The big pay off.

But they had him beat in his first match back and he's just a stoppable beast now. So stupid.

Such a botch job of epicness

And Post match Cena says that he is taking a long break and then comes back next day and he is scheduled to wrestle at OTL against John Lauranaitis???
    Lesnar went over the entire roster and just bailed the last time he was in WWE. He owes people big and is being made to put people over if he wants anything to do with returning. That's how I see that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Lesnar went over the entire roster and just bailed the last time he was in WWE. He owes people big and is being made to put people over if he wants anything to do with returning. That's how I see that loss.
    If thats what WWE wants then they should use lesnar to put upcoming stars over. I dont see why Cena or Triple H (if he wins against lesnar, whenever it happens) needs to be put over at this stage of their career, Cena is already the number 1 star right now in WWE and Triple H is already a big legend. Talents like CM Punk and Sheamus need a big feud to make them megastars from superstars. WWE had the chance with CM Punk last summer but they blew it. So if WWE want lesnar to put stars over then they should feud him with Punk or Sheamus. WWE is paying 5 million $ to lesnar for some 35 appearances in a year, so they should milk lesnar as much as they can. And If they wanted Cena to have a win against Lesnar they could have easily done Rocky 3 kinda storyline where Lesnar gets victory against Cena at Exterme Rules and then after two big losses back to back Cena takes some time off whereas Lesnar continue to act like he is bigger than WWE and then around Summerslam Cena comes back challenges Lesnar again for a match. Cena this time preparing with WWE legends and Lesnar preparing like his MMA training. Cena goes over Lesnar this time around.

I do think WWE dropped ball with the result of Extreme Rules main event and if Triple H also went over Lesnar than they just diminished Lesnar's drawing power completely and wasted 5 million $ completely. Lesnar needs to win against Triple H

Has HHH v Lesnar been announced?

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information