• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah AWTA, It's amazing. Best thing since the crowd chating "You Suck" along with Kurt Angle's theme.
Yeah, I'm suprised it hasn't caught on as much as I thought it would.

Also, Cena himself made a great point when he talked about why he hates the "Let's go Cena Cena sucks". He said that the chant basically reduces his opponent to an irrelevance, and said he'd much rather hear "Let's go Punk/Bryan/Ziggler, Cena sucks" instead. Can't say I disagree with him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I'm suprised it hasn't caught on as much as I thought it would.

Also, Cena himself made a great point when he talked about why he hates the "Let's go Cena Cena sucks". He said that the chant basically reduces his opponent to an irrelevance, and said he'd much rather hear "Let's go Punk/Bryan/Ziggler, Cena sucks" instead. Can't say I disagree with him.
Yeah, it's a good point.

Spikey

some post on some other forum said Mr Ziggles was gonna leave soon which is disappointing .

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
some post on some other forum said Mr Ziggles was gonna leave soon which is disappointing .
Yeah, considering Lucha Underground apparently. Would be interesting.

Also, anyone catch that Bret Hart interview the other day where he said Daniel Bryan is totally ****ed and will never wrestle again?

Spikey

Also, anyone catch that Bret Hart interview the other day where he said Daniel Bryan is totally ****ed and will never wrestle again?
this is an actual post on an ice hockey forum about this:

I think Bret's stroke really affected him in other ways. I'm with MegaHab on this. He's said alot of things lately that he really shouldn't have. He shouldn't be saying things about Daniel Bryan when he doesn't really know what's actually going on.
simply amazing

anyway, im sure db will make an attempted return in a few months. it just seems impossible for this to be the end

OverratedSanity

Oh no DB :(

I actually wouldn't be surprised if his career is over. I always cringe when he does those dropkicks to the opponent at the turnbuckle.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tag team quality seems pretty low. Seems like there a lot of genuinely decent wrestlers around the singles championships though.

Divas actually seem to have gotten more tedious. How did that happen?

I'm thinking of diving back a few years. Any recommendations, ideally as spoiler free as possible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Divas division is terrible at the moment because it is dominated by the Bellas. When they call up some of the developmental talents it'll be improved heaps.

Tag team division is a bit weak as a lot of teams have either broken up or suffered injuries recently, but over the last 12 months on the whole it's probably been stronger than at any other point in the last ten years or so.

And yeah, watch the Jericho/HBK feud from 2008. That was gun. And the CM Punk/John Cena feud from 2011, particularly their match from the Money in the Bank PPV of that year.

HBK/Undertaker from whenever that was as well.

Edit: And Wrestlemania 30 - such a great show from top to bottom.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Tag team quality seems pretty low. Seems like there a lot of genuinely decent wrestlers around the singles championships though.

Divas actually seem to have gotten more tedious. How did that happen?

I'm thinking of diving back a few years. Any recommendations, ideally as spoiler free as possible.
The tag teams were excellent even a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately since then, Tyson got injured, and New Day lost their titles. And yeah, the women's division is the pits. But within a few months, it should be way better, once Sasha/Charlotte come up from NXT.

What do you mean by recommendations btw? ppvs? feuds? matches? When did you last watch?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Divas division is terrible at the moment because it is dominated by the Bellas. When they call up some of the developmental talents it'll be improved heaps.

Tag team division is a bit weak as a lot of teams have either broken up or suffered injuries recently, but over the last 12 months on the whole it's probably been stronger than at any other point in the last ten years or so.

And yeah, watch the Jericho/HBK feud from 2008. That was gun. And the CM Punk/John Cena feud from 2011, particularly their match from the Money in the Bank PPV of that year.

HBK/Undertaker from whenever that was as well.

Edit: And Wrestlemania 30 - such a great show from top to bottom.
I watched the 2008 feud back in the day it was awesome.

And while I like New Day the "talent" shown in that elimination chamber was very ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I watched the 2008 feud back in the day it was awesome.

And while I like New Day the "talent" shown in that elimination chamber was very ****.
The match just didn't showcase them in the best light imo; nothing wrong with the talents themselves for mine.