• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He didn't want to win anyway. Dude said he was ok if he even lost in 10 minutes. Just wanted to main event.

Can understand his frustration too. Even during his long title run, he never really got the ME spotlight as much as a long reigning champ should.
Right or wrong it was a huge wahh.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Right or wrong it was a huge wahh.
Yeah seriously there are 2-4 people every year who Main Event at Mania. It's seriously hard to crack and I'm not sure he was over enough to justify the anger? (someone clarify, I missed his whole career)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
haha I missed his career too. wish I didn't, he sounds awesome and the type of wrestler I'd love.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha I missed his career too. wish I didn't, he sounds awesome and the type of wrestler I'd love.
Wow really I had no idea. I hear Bret loves him too.

I missed all of CM Punk's career. He literally started as I stopped watching.

The way Bret Hart speaks of him, I missed an absolute great wrestler.
So obvious he's the kind of guy I'd have loved. No wonder Bret is a huge fan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Who knew that Jono didn't watch wrestling anymore

Punk was well over, not as over as Bryan was at the time of WMXXX (or indeed is now) but what you have to consider is that both Mania main events when Punk was at that level were Rock-Cena so ya gotta get over it really

I mean he'll argue he should have been in that spot when Miz was but am sure plenty of others would too.

Spikey

Who knew that Jono didn't watch wrestling anymore

Punk was well over, not as over as Bryan was at the time of WMXXX (or indeed is now) but what you have to consider is that both Mania main events when Punk was at that level were Rock-Cena so ya gotta get over it really

I mean he'll argue he should have been in that spot when Miz was but am sure plenty of others would too.
I dunno, I'd find it a bit hard to get over losing out on headlining WM because the headline got booked a year in advance and was billed as once in a lifetime, and then the next WM they decided to repeat it (coz Cena's gotta win the final match of the feud. oh hi kevin owens and rusev), which also meant you had to forfeit the belt and instead lose to Taker instead.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I dunno, I'd find it a bit hard to get over losing out on headlining WM because the headline got booked a year in advance and was billed as once in a lifetime, and then the next WM they decided to repeat it (coz Cena's gotta win the final match of the feud. oh hi kevin owens and rusev), which also meant you had to forfeit the belt and instead lose to Taker instead.
Mania is about making money not being nice to the wrestlers though.

I mean the whole once in a lifetime thing sure, but Cena really needed that win back (IMO)

And he'd had the belt for 500 days. That in itself is incredible. Losing to taker at Mania should be an honour for any wrestler.

EDIT - granted though, they didn't have to do Rock-Cena II at Mania, and Cena-Punk had some unfinished business too.

Spikey

Mania is about making money not being nice to the wrestlers though.

I mean the whole once in a lifetime thing sure, but Cena really needed that win back (IMO)

And he'd had the belt for 500 days. That in itself is incredible. Losing to taker at Mania should be an honour for any wrestler.

EDIT - granted though, they didn't have to do Rock-Cena II at Mania, and Cena-Punk had some unfinished business too.
well then Cena could have had the honour *mic drop*

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
well then Cena could have had the honour *mic drop*
Well I've said never doing Cena-Taker at Mania (or in any format since Cena became a star) is a big miss by WWE. I've said it almost as many times as Jono has said he stopped watching wrestling in 2006

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah. Would have loved to have seen that.

Shame they never did Jericho v Undertaker either. Don't recall them ever having a 1 v1 match on a PPV.