• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Reigns wins, we'll just continue on with the former members of the shield v Rollins and the authority stuff, which has it's charm but could go on forever. Kane winning could lead to the two on screen faces of the authority, Kane and Rollins, falling out finally and some sort of change happening there, either it be Kane leaving or Rollins being dumped out of. Kane would almost certainly quickly lose the title, and maybe open everything up for Brock's impending return.

or it could be really really bad and Kane could headline WM

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kane headlining WM would be so good, if only to piss off Punk.

Agree re. Rollins booking. Why is he being booked so weak? It's all gone downhill for Seth since he became champ. He's been pinned by J&J, done basically nothing to get a title back that was stolen by Ambrose, was pinned by him in the first place, has had his awesome finisher taken away and everyone knows he's just holding the belt until Brock gets back. Been a pretty poor title run really.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Yeah I was ok with him losing a couple of matches a while back but it's getting a bit ridiculous. The champ needs to win otherwise the belt loses it's lustre. Shame for Rollins too, because the guy himself has been pretty great. Enjoy his promos and he's amazing in the ring. But by god he needs to start winning... and not just at PPVs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, you're all way on the money, heel champs who remain champ by any means possible despite looking weak in between defences never work

A non-monster heel crushing everyone for years is defo the way forwards and nobody has ever complained about it

post retracted if Seth loses on Sunday

OverratedSanity

Yeah look, gimh, no one in history, let alone today is as good as Ric Flair in maintaining credibility despite losing constantly. And there is a middle ground between naitch and haitch too.

King Pietersen

International Captain
There's also a big difference between a heel keeping their belt by any means necessary like Flair did, and the World Champion getting pinned by Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was obviously a semi-tongue in cheek post, but in the fifteen years since I first dipped my toes in the murky water that is people talking about wrestling online, if I had £1 for every time I'd read the world title was being devalued I'd be able to retire now.

Triple H in 2000 is widely accepted as one of the great heel champions (i.e. before dweebs like Jono & OS started crying about him and even they liked him). He lost to the Brooklyn Brawler on TV.

Y'all are making out like Seth was beaten cleanly. It was a handicap match and he was beaten when his forthcoming opponent distracted him.

Everything Seth has done since winning the belt has got him more over with the crowd. This is the most important thing.

I fundamentally accept duffer's point about it meaning something when someone beats him - but if he keeps the title for a long time then it will anyway

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Was obviously a semi-tongue in cheek post, but in the fifteen years since I first dipped my toes in the murky water that is people talking about wrestling, if I had £1 for every time I'd read the world title was being devalued I'd be able to retire now.

Triple H in 2000 is widely accepted as one of the great heel champions (i.e. before dweebs like Jono & OS started crying about him and even they liked him). He lost to the Brooklyn Brawler on TV.

Y'all are making out like Seth was beaten cleanly. It was a handicap match and he was beaten when his forthcoming opponent distracted him.

Everything Seth has done since winning the belt has got him more over with the crowd. This is the most important thing.

I fundamentally accept duffer's point about it meaning something when someone beats him - but if he keeps the title for a long time then it will anyway
But has it?

Also, this isn't the first time people have complained about Rollins losing. duffer has been complaining for a while now. I disagreed with him a month or two back because I felt it was fine... but it's just piled up where he looks like a bit of a joke. I get that he's a chicken**** heel, and I said that in WWE's defence myself back then. But he really needs to start winning... it's too much. Not this one match... just him losing so much so consistently has made him look weak.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But has it?

Sounds like it to me.

Whining wannabe smark :ph34r: said:
Also, this isn't the first time people have complained about Rollins losing. duffer has been complaining for a while now. I disagreed with him a month or two back because I felt it was fine... but it's just piled up where he looks like a bit of a joke. I get that he's a chicken**** heel, and I said that in WWE's defence myself back then. But he really needs to start winning... it's too much. Not this one match... just him losing so much so consistently has made him look weak.
So what exactly do you want? Him crushing everyone?

Yeah there's a middle ground between Flair and HHH, course there is. Name me a great heel champ that falls into it.

Spikey

What's the b/g to this? I can't remember what he said about Kane on his podcast, or is it something else?
he didnt have any beef with kane. said he was a great performer although he didnt want to be eliminated by kane at his last rr iirc. punk realy really wanted to headline wm though, and kane is kinda old

wasnt his podcast either ****. had fun listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uc8eOblUvE ftr