• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A loving tribute to Macho Man by a famous American sports blogger. Full of hyperbole and I can’t say I agree with everything, but it’s a nice piece written by an obvious life-long fan.
Terrific article, and I don't think there's too much that one can agree with because its about what Savage meant for him.

Man the Mega Powers feud was soooooooooooo good. Just perfect.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Such good booking. Giving Savage the title a year in advance so you could book that match and have it mean something the following year.

It's why I don't object whatsoever to The Rock interfering in this year's Mania event because it's served to set up one of the biggest matches ever and we have plenty of time to anticipate it.

But yeah, Savage, gold. You seen the DVD Jono?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So, time for part two. I have asked for the previous one closed as suggested by Jack.

Seeing as its a new thread let's do a quick WWE title roll call.

WWE Champion: John Cena
World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
US Champion: Kofi Kingston
IC Champion: Wade Barrett
Tag Champs: Big Show and Kane
Divas Champ: Brie Bella (I think it's Brie anyway)

I think Sting is TNA Champ, no idea about ROH.

Anyway, as you were...
Will try and keep this up to date, make it easy for people to dip in and check out what's going on..

WWE Champion: John Cena
World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
US Champion: Kofi Kingston
IC Champion: Wade Barrett
Tag Champs: David Otunga and Michael McGIllicutty
Divas Champ: Brie Bella (I think it's Brie anyway)

masterblaster

International Captain
That's unbelievable! Career wise it's come at an odd time but you know having kids is so special so I'm not even going to bother making some stupid smarky comment that I've seen on other websites.

Good on her and it's great news for her personally! Wrestling fans sometimes over think stuff and treat wrestling like it's the be all and end all of the world. It's great that she's got this news, all the best to her!

masterblaster

International Captain
I must say that I enjoyed Raw quite a bit this week! The Alex Riley - The Miz promo was the highlight for me. The Miz is brilliant and Alex Riley really stepped it up this week. It was a great segment!

Loving the R-Truth stuff as well. He's really done a great job as a heel as of late and finally given people something to care about his character. He's been deserving of the push that he's gotten lately.

Even though Alberto Del Rio is probably the main candidate for John Cena's WWE Championship, I'd love to see a feud between John Cena and R-Truth. If they were creative, I think they could go a long way with that feud.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Some fans at the Eng vs. SL test are playing Pomp and Circumstance on the trumpet. Making me think of Savage :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha great clip.

"There's an airplane going by and I'm not on it" :laugh:

I just randomly watched some NXT. That bloke "Big League" Byron Saxton was pretty ****ing awesome on the mic for a rookie.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He used to commentate on ECW with Josh, up until WWE axing it. Obviously have confidence in him as a talker.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Does he have talent in the ring?

I really only watched a little bit, but a guy that can cut a promo like that with the crowd chanting "What?" (Are we in 2001? Has that returned? lol) and with that look has potential.

Of course if he's a stinker in the ring then that'd be an issue.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Does he have talent in the ring?

I really only watched a little bit, but a guy that can cut a promo like that with the crowd chanting "What?" (Are we in 2001? Has that returned? lol) and with that look has potential.

Of course if he's a stinker in the ring then that'd be an issue.
The what chant has been constant for a good few years. Was lame in 01 and is lame now.

I'll be honest, I've not watched much of him. Gave up on NXT a while back. There were some great episodes in the Divas series but it wasn't really worth watching after that.

Majin

International Debutant
bit late, but caught over the limit pretty much on accident, Christian v Orton was awesome, hated the main event though. Went too far for mine, like how Mick Foley talked in his book about suspending the disbelief or whatever, about halfway through the main event I got fed up with the fact that Cena was still alive (that sounds so much worse than it's supposed to haha) and by the time he came back to win it in about a minute after the beating he was given, was totally over it.

RAW was pretty fun though, pretty much echo MB's view, Alex Riley snapping on the Miz was awesome to watch, even if out of nowhere it made me a little sad for what might have been if they'd had Ted Dibiase jr do the same thing to Orton at the height of tension in legacy. Still annoyed that didn't happen.

And yeah I love crazy R-Truth so bad, such a nutcase, highlight of the entire show for me was when he used the word diddlysquat. Deserves to be a WWE champ just for that imho.

Happy to find out Kharma is pregnant (happy for her anyway), but that segment was so stupid. Apparently she stayed in the ring crying throughout the entire commercial break and the people in attendence were booing like crazy. Can't say I blame them, I was pretty hyped when she came out and then it descended into that.

last thing I want to touch on, obv I'm not as big a Christian fan as some other members on the board but still think it was kinda ****ty to do the whole 5 day title reign thing, but after seeing the buildup to his title match vs Orton, and just the whole partner/friendship with Edge thing, anyone else betting on him winning Money in the Bank? would be awesome. Only two months until MitB, would love to see him pull an Edge and cash in on Orton when he's half ded.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At the time I agreed with you about Ted. But in hindsight, I'm glad they didn't because he's ****ing useless. The apple fell so far away from the tree that you start to wonder if mummy tree was up to no good.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Just had some beer and watched the Wrestlemania 25 match between Hbk and 'Taker. One of the best matches ever.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep. I'd say that and two of their other matches are right up there for me (the others being Mania 26 and the first HIAC)

Xuhaib

International Coach
haha..just checked Rock and Cena mic duels on youtube great stuff will surely watch their match at Wrestlemania.

masterblaster

International Captain
Great, real promo by Kharma on Raw this week. So good of WWE to give her a graceful exit. Hopefully all goes well for her and she's back next year and is healthy. Great stuff by WWE there to give her a proper farewell and not pull some bull**** angle.