• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ha, that would explain it I guess. Thought a ban would have been a bit on the excessive side.

That said, apparently what he did was a criminal offence in Brazil, and the police stopped the match until he apologised to the crowd. Assuming that wasn't kayfabe as well...

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
AJ is doing such a good job with this storyline. So entertaining.

And it's always funny when Kane is made to look saner than anyone else, let alone three people at the same time.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
AJ is doing such a good job with this storyline. So entertaining.

And it's always funny when Kane is made to look saner than anyone else, let alone three people at the same time.
It is quite a nice and engaging WWE title feud. No one can predict who is walking out with the title - logic says that it could pretty much be any of the three.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David Ortunga must have one of the most unusual backgrounds of any wrestler in history - Harvard Law School graduate, passed the Bar exam easily, practiced as a lawyer and married to an Oscar winning actress

Least he cant be accused of doing it for the money

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Brock Lesnar is now being advertised for the 8/6 WWE Monday Night RAW taping in San Antonio, Texas. This is the same show that is being advertised as "Shawn Michaels Appreciation Night".
Haha, you can feel the chances of HBK getting a serious beatdown increasing with every time it's mentioned that it'll be his "appreciation night".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not seen any wrestling for about a month or so, can someone please summarise what's going on in about 100 words.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not enough appreciation for Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

Gun post, was my 2nd favourite wrestler as a kid (after Macho Man) because he was the first wrestling figure I ever got. 8th birthday present off my sister as mum and dad got me the WCW ring with a ****ing great red cage.

Good times, wish I could find the notebook I kept a log of all the title changes in, but suffice to say in the massive Valentine-Flair feud I had, Valentine usually walked away with the gold. And I tended to have Hogan getting ran over by my toy cars, so I knew the drill.

Cool kid me.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Not seen any wrestling for about a month or so, can someone please summarise what's going on in about 100 words.
- Triple H has found a way to weasel into the hot angle yet again
- HEYMAN! And he's great as usual
- Cena's in MITB for some reason
- Punk/Bryan/AJ/Kane (now Punk/Bryan/AJ) has been the exact opposite of what we expected it be, great
- A bunch of legends have been showing up on Raw and squashing Heath Slater in the leadup to the 1000th episode. Vader, Sid, Piper, Lauper, Doink (!) and DDP so far. There was that other influential female wrester too, but I cbf remembering her name. Honestly, it's been great and Slater's doing a good job.
- Fans love Ziggler and Sheamus is in real danger of turning into the next Cena
- Sandow's promo work is hilarious
- Ryback's still doing the same ****
- Tyson Kidd is getting a mini-push for some reason

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh it wasn't a deliberate stop, I missed one week so didn't watch the next because I wanted to catch up and then boom it's been ages.

MITB is coming up so I'll defo watch that, been a good PPV both times they've done it, in fact last year had one of the best matches ever, Punk-Cena.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
- Triple H has found a way to weasel into the hot angle yet again
- HEYMAN! And he's great as usual
- Cena's in MITB for some reason
- Punk/Bryan/AJ/Kane (now Punk/Bryan/AJ) has been the exact opposite of what we expected it be, great
- A bunch of legends have been showing up on Raw and squashing Heath Slater in the leadup to the 1000th episode. Vader, Sid, Piper, Lauper, Doink (!) and DDP so far. There was that other influential female wrester too, but I cbf remembering her name. Honestly, it's been great and Slater's doing a good job.
- Fans love Ziggler and Sheamus is in real danger of turning into the next Cena
- Sandow's promo work is hilarious
- Ryback's still doing the same ****
- Tyson Kidd is getting a mini-push for some reason
Sounds decent until you get to Tyson Kidd

Agent TBY

International Captain
Sounds decent until you get to Tyson Kidd
fwiw, the guy's apparently been having some great matches on their b-shows. He pulled off a very sweet finish against Swagger the other night, a modified Buff Bagwell Blockbuster into a pin combo. It's at the end of this match:

Tyson Kidd vs Jack Swagger WWE Smackdown 6/29/12 - YouTube

I think the E are just trying to have him be the token Shelton Benjamin in the Smackdown MITB, so yeah.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, yeah, that quiff was awful. Always seemed like he could go it in the ring mind you. Had more about him than Bulldog's son.

Anyway, wwe.com has a feature up on the 50 greatest RAW matches of all time, makes for an interesting read. Some strange choices in there, some matches seem unjustifiably high, but there's loads of memorable stuff in there.

Glad the Benjamin matches against HBK and HHH made it in, they were gun.