• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cena comes across as a genuine guy to me. And you're right he does truly believe it - probably because for him, that's exactly what happened. I mean look at his OVW class.

Brock - absolute beast but let's be honest, would have been the 4th guy with Hogan/Austin/Rock had he not got bored circa 04
Batista - Phoned it in for months on end at times whereas Cena took the ball and ran with it. The feud in 2010 where he was bitter at Cena for this was AWESOME though.
Orton - had a great career but plenty of wellness violations etc meaning there have been many false starts and despite his success, always felt he's been stop start. Take his 2010 face turn. The crowd were begging for it. He was white hot. And then he broke his shoulder punching the mat. Buffoon
Don't agree with Brock. Austin and Rock were gone anyway by then weren't they? He absolutely would've been the top guy... atleast joint with Cena.

Misread that as 4th behind Cena, AUstin and Rock, as in 4th in the roster. Forgive me, I'm stupid.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rob Van Dam is some one who could have been pushed and would have made a great champion. Wish they had done it. What a great wrestler he was.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Don't agree with Brock. Austin and Rock were gone anyway by then weren't they? He absolutely would've been the top guy... atleast joint with Cena.

Misread that as 4th behind Cena, AUstin and Rock, as in 4th in the roster. Forgive me, I'm stupid.
Haha funny though...at the time of Wm19, WWE had Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena & Brock all on their roster. Wowzer. And there's depth too. Taker, Jericho, Edge, HHH, Mexican Jumping Bean, Child Killer. Angle FFS.

No wonder WM19 was so damn good

OverratedSanity

Haha funny though...at the time of Wm19, WWE had Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena & Brock all on their roster. Wowzer. And there's depth too. Taker, Jericho, Edge, HHH, Mexican Jumping Bean, Child Killer. Angle FFS.

No wonder WM19 was so damn good
Yeah just said previous page how good 2004-05 was for wrestling. EVen outside WWE, RoH and TNA were at their peaks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
WM19 was 2003 so your post is invalid :p

How accessible is ROH content without going down the torrent route?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thanks os for the recos. I love Cornette talk on wrestling.
The name is GIMH, not OS. It's unacceptable to give other people credit for podcast recommendations that aren't theirs. It's why I don't take credit for bringing solomonster into your lives, even though I'm pretty sure I was the first to actually mention him in the thread (sledger sent me the link outside of CW). Please edit your post.

OverratedSanity

WM19 was 2003 so your post is invalid :p

How accessible is ROH content without going down the torrent route?
I got a few DVDs from Amazon a few years ago, like Best of episodes 1-100, Summer of Punk and Danielson vs McGuiness. Should be pretty easy to get them shipped.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listening to the Punk-Cabana podcast there really is no way back for him. Vince has had beef with lots of guys but this looks some next level ****.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Listening to the Punk-Cabana podcast there really is no way back for him. Vince has had beef with lots of guys but this looks some next level ****.
I don't know, you know. For all his faults, Vince has taken many people back over the years (as he said himself I believe on the Austin podcast). Unless you actively try and screw him over (Jarrett), he seems to want to do business. And even then, he hired Bischoff after he'd spent years trying to put him out of business.

I don't know if Punk ever will come back but if he wanted to when Vince was still in charge then I think it would happen

If it was when HHH/Steph have the keys to the City though...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I reckon there would be a way back for him tbh. One day anyway. The whole Bret Hart business was on a similar level to all this.

At the end of the day there'd be a lot of money to be made out of a Punk return a few years down the line; hard to imagine that Vince would pass that up, regardless of what's gone on.

Would be absolutely amazed if it did happen though. Punk is a very principled guy, and it's hard to see him changing his mind about his decision to "never" work in pro-wrestling again. He'll stick to his guns imo.