• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think the fact they got semi-big wound up being a bad thing for TNA. Ended up bringing in Hogan/Bischoff + 'The Band' and trying too hard to be different to WWE and in the process winding up a poor late 90s imitation. Their attempt to go head to head on a Monday was embarrassing and in the long run I think everything they did in that period set them back. Certainly, circa 09 when they came to the UK they toured the same arenas that WWE does but I don't believe that is the case anymore.

It's a shame because around, say, 06-07 they had a cracking roster and put on great matches without the Trash TV.

Ten years from now their library will be on the WWE network

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TNA is apprently good now tbh. I've heard most people praise the last -2 months of TNA as excellent television. Might go back to it before they **** it all up again.

They were so damn good in their first 3 years :(

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's a shame about TNA as they always seem to have so many wrestlers. Shouldn't be too difficult to put up a proper wrestling show, you would think. However, they just kill it with their promos. Then, their wrestling matches seem to be completely unplanned where wrestlers just go at each other for ages before one wins. It's monotonous and mundane to watch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
TNA is apprently good now tbh. I've heard most people praise the last -2 months of TNA as excellent television. Might go back to it before they **** it all up again.

They were so damn good in their first 3 years :(
Yeah I enjoyed their earlier stuff too.

Do they still have the x division and 6 sided ring etc?

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I enjoyed their earlier stuff too.

Do they still have the x division and 6 sided ring etc?
They went back to 4 sided ring but they still have x division, unfortunately its not as awesome as it used to be in 2006-07

Spikey

Yeah there's a feeling among many fans that Jericho's a bit of a shill, and even I've got that tone from his podcast a few times.... Austin ,though, never holds back at all, and his questions on Chyna are what pissed Vince off apparently Haven't listened to this one, though, so not going to judge Y2j.
yeah it makes sense to be pissed at austin for the question and not triple h for his ****ing piss poor answer ("why isn't chyna in the hof" "coz my kid could google her and see the video". coz all the guys in the hof are frickin saints...)

OverratedSanity

Looking back, 2004-05 has to be the peak period of in ring wrestling in the history of pro wrestling. Wwe had Eddie, Angle, Benoit, lesnar, at the top, TNA had just begin and with Joe, Styles, Daniels and the x-division, it was amazing, RoH had Danielson at his peak. No other era compares imo.
We could have a Renaissance if Lucha underground keeps going great guns.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They went back to 4 sided ring but they still have x division, unfortunately its not as awesome as it used to be in 2006-07
They've gone 6-sided again now. I meant to moan about Hogan changing the ring to 4-sided in my post. I believe they had a fans' vote as to whether to change it back.

I've been meaning to give it another go but really I can't help but wish that ROH had their UK TV slot.

Spikey

halfway though the cena thing and there's a bit too much "Work hard and you'll get what you're after" or whatever stuff. he truly believes it though

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's a stupid mark - GIMH 2015
Haha I said he sounded like a mark with his opinion on the Savage/Hogan feud. And I stand by it.

Nonetheless, later on I thanked sledger for introducing me to him and recommended him to the rest of you so I don't know how I can be criticised as anything but pro-Solomonster.

A podcast reviewing another podcast is going a bit far though, come on now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
halfway though the cena thing and there's a bit too much "Work hard and you'll get what you're after" or whatever stuff. he truly believes it though
Cena comes across as a genuine guy to me. And you're right he does truly believe it - probably because for him, that's exactly what happened. I mean look at his OVW class.

Brock - absolute beast but let's be honest, would have been the 4th guy with Hogan/Austin/Rock had he not got bored circa 04
Batista - Phoned it in for months on end at times whereas Cena took the ball and ran with it. The feud in 2010 where he was bitter at Cena for this was AWESOME though.
Orton - had a great career but plenty of wellness violations etc meaning there have been many false starts and despite his success, always felt he's been stop start. Take his 2010 face turn. The crowd were begging for it. He was white hot. And then he broke his shoulder punching the mat. Buffoon