• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I like Jericho a lot, but from listening to his podcast previously I too have got the impression that he is still very much part of the machine. Mind you, I always suspected that about Austin until his interview with HHH, so I guess we will see.
Did you hear Austin's interview with Vince? Asked him some tough questions too I thought.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did you hear Austin's interview with Vince? Asked him some tough questions too I thought.
Yeah, I did. Don't remember it that well though. At the time they struck me as tough questions, but the kind that had probably been vetted prior to the show, so that Vince could go on a PR offensive. Some of the issues that were discussed simply couldn't have been avoided if the show was to be taken seriously (re: Punk etc...). Could be wrong though, as I say, I don't remember that much.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Isn't Stone Cold a really good friend of Funaki irl as well? I remember reading some story about how Austin used to take Funaki out on his ranch or something.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That was decent. Cena gives the company line but he says some interesting and well thought out things. The stuff about the kids is spot on, a lot of people (like Jono) grow up and forget they were wrestling fans as a kid and all of a sudden think it should only cater to adults. Kids LOVE Cena and until someone can fill that void he's not going to go away.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like his defend the title every week thing too. Should be just another way to add credibility to the title. Should allow for a good variety of decent matches. Hope they allow some NXT guys the chance to challenge him once in a while.

Mike5181

International Captain
I really enjoyed that RAW. Giving Cena the US title is the best thing they have done with his character in years. Hopefully he gets quite a long reign before ideally someone like Kevin Owens comes up from NXT and beats him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was decent. Cena gives the company line but he says some interesting and well thought out things. The stuff about the kids is spot on, a lot of people (like Jono) grow up and forget they were wrestling fans as a kid and all of a sudden think it should only cater to adults. Kids LOVE Cena and until someone can fill that void he's not going to go away.
you know damn well i haven't grown up one bit.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any hope that a WWE show will ever get rid of the PG rating? It would be gun if at least one show was targeted at adults and the other(s) for children?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is there any hope that a WWE show will ever get rid of the PG rating? It would be gun if at least one show was targeted at adults and the other(s) for children?
Can't see that they would. Vince only changed for Attitude because they were at war after all. It was always PG before then.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Does any one here watch TNA even if on and off? It keeps coming on tv. I find the matches go on and on and are a bit one dimensional at times..