• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Shri

Mr. Glass
Its like the guys who decide finishers love quick and snappy moves to be finishers. Its like they first thought the stone cold stunner was fast and decided to make it faster and removed the kick and modified it a little bit more to make it the rko. Now they want finishers that are even quicker and prefer ****ing punches. Punches are not ****ing finishers ffs. This ain't boxing. Slams. We love SLAMS. Big Show/Cesaro/Reigns can go ahead and punch themselves in the face. Use it as a signature move, nobody would mind but don't ****ing use that move to pin people ffs. Not everyone is The Great One(the people's elbow lol).

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ahahaha it seems Reigns was supposed to win the match but the finish was changed and Rollins wasn't told halfway through Wrestlemania. Dunno if this is true or just BS rumours, (because why the **** would Rollins not be told until so late?) but it would kinda explain why Rollins audibly said "Thank you" to Reigns when he pinned him.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As OS said though, Sting specifically said that it wash about that
I didn't buy it, especially after Trips' promos. Listening to the Solomonster's review he summed it up perfectly as a **** you to WCW from Vince. Guy just couldn't help himself.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I didn't buy it, especially after Trips' promos. Listening to the Solomonster's review he summed it up perfectly as a **** you to WCW from Vince. Guy just couldn't help himself.
He would have known about what he was getting into when he signed on. Would be great if he feuded with 'taker at next year's 'mania. And then maybe a 'mania win the year after that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ahahaha it seems Reigns was supposed to win the match but the finish was changed and Rollins wasn't told halfway through Wrestlemania. Dunno if this is true or just BS rumours, (because why the **** would Rollins not be told until so late?) but it would kinda explain why Rollins audibly said "Thank you" to Reigns when he pinned him.
Source? Find it hard to believe. Not that they never book on the fly but for something of that magnitude?

Orton getting the win over Rollins etc points towards them knowing before the show as well. But throw me a source.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gotta say, Sting losing doesn't bother me but given he was eating the pin they really didn't need JBL to lay in on commentary so much. All in all though, there's no long-term burial or benefit to anyone on the back of this so I don't think it matters too much.

And let's be completely honest. WCW really did suck. Sting was one of a handful of credible talents there long-term but the place was badly booked, badly managed and badly executed. The good matches by the likes of Mysterio and Jericho were by chance. They had one good storyline which wasn't really theirs to begin with anyway, and which they overdid after about 3-4 months. Their world title was passed around as much as the hardcore title in 24/7 era, they booked a midcarder like Benoit as champ just to try and get him to stay. They put the belt on a celebrity and the belt on Vince Russo. They did the utterly horrible nWo Souled Out PPV (though introducing Guerrero as a Mexican Jumping Bean deserves props) and they managed to turn guys like Sting and Steamboat heel. The place was an abomination, basically it had a few good athletes who wrestled good openers and would go on to actually achieve things in WWF/E but all in all it was about as bad as TNA but retained viewers because of a hot few months after turning Hogan heel, and then a good build with Sting in the rafters.

I'm glad the place shut down and I'm glad Vince is still making a point now about how ridiculous it was that people actually thought it would put him out of business.

OverratedSanity

Source? Find it hard to believe. Not that they never book on the fly but for something of that magnitude?

Orton getting the win over Rollins etc points towards them knowing before the show as well. But throw me a source.
Meltzer in the Observer is being cited as the source so that's about as reliable as you're going to get. Apparently Reigns' family went full on Bangers- mode and had a big cry with wwe.

OverratedSanity

Gotta say, Sting losing doesn't bother me but given he was eating the pin they really didn't need JBL to lay in on commentary so much. All in all though, there's no long-term burial or benefit to anyone on the back of this so I don't think it matters too much.

And let's be completely honest. WCW really did suck. Sting was one of a handful of credible talents there long-term but the place was badly booked, badly managed and badly executed. The good matches by the likes of Mysterio and Jericho were by chance. They had one good storyline which wasn't really theirs to begin with anyway, and which they overdid after about 3-4 months. Their world title was passed around as much as the hardcore title in 24/7 era, they booked a midcarder like Benoit as champ just to try and get him to stay. They put the belt on a celebrity and the belt on Vince Russo. They did the utterly horrible nWo Souled Out PPV (though introducing Guerrero as a Mexican Jumping Bean deserves props) and they managed to turn guys like Sting and Steamboat heel. The place was an abomination, basically it had a few good athletes who wrestled good openers and would go on to actually achieve things in WWF/E but all in all it was about as bad as TNA but retained viewers because of a hot few months after turning Hogan heel, and then a good build with Sting in the rafters.

I'm glad the place shut down and I'm glad Vince is still making a point now about how ridiculous it was that people actually thought it would put him out of business.
Yeah because we've never seen that before have we? 8-)

Amyway Sting losing isn't about burying anyone but is this the way to handle the WWE debut of a legend of the industry? He's spent months saying he'll beat hhh and then he just loses. If he lost give him some sort of glorious send off, not some BS where he gets knocked out by a sledgehammer and hhh comes out to gloat in a promo later in the show. It was just poor and don't you try and pretend it wasn't.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Meltzer in the Observer is being cited as the source so that's about as reliable as you're going to get. Apparently Reigns' family went full on Bangers- mode and had a big cry with wwe.
Haha that's just too bad imo. This is just the every day equivalent to you complaining to your boss about a colleague (that is more suitable, more experienced, and more highly qualified than you are) getting a promotion instead of you.

Sure, I feel sorry for Reigns a bit as well, but he's no more entitled to be the champ than anyone else is, and needs to get his head down and work hard rather than having a cry.

OverratedSanity

He's less entitled to it than Rollins if you look at what they've done, that's for sure. Rollins has had amazing ppv matches all year and has been the top heel on raw with lesnar not on tv.

Spikey

didnt they only decide to end the streak on the day of the last WM? if they played that one that late this seems totally possible