• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh btw guys I was talking to Sledger today and he linked me to this guy called the solomonster. Listened to his mania podcast and it was a good listen. Thanks Sledger for bringing it into my life and I strongly recommend it for the rest of you

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Second half is awful unfortunately.
Crowd audio was turned down in the second half allegedly, though I read that on 411 and it lacked a source

Some belting matches on Raw this week though. Bryan-Ziggler as usual. The 8-man tag was a lot of fun. And Cena-Ambrose was fantastic.

I read some columnist say prior to Mania that even if Reigns wins, they like the idea of the top belt not being defended every month. Obviously now you substitute in Rollins but I kind of agree. You've your two biggest babyface draws both with titles so there's plenty that can be done creatively to keep a WWE title shot as something you have to earn and that you won't get a chance at again for a few months.

Doubt they'll do it, but. At the end of the day you can still have Rollins on the PPV, just not necessarily defending his belt. Save that for the 'big four', and Night of Champions etc.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the best thing to do would be something in between. There's no need for the WWE title to be defended at EVERY ppv, but it makes sense for it to be defended fairly regularly imo. Helps add legitimacy to whoever holds it if they can get a few defences under their belt.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think just the big 4 would be too spread out. Maybe once in 2 PPVs with a few big title defences thrown in on Raw to end to the show. Around 7-8 a year should be fine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Main event for Extreme Rules has been announced now anyway. Rollins to defend against Orton. Precisely the kind of match he ought to be booked in at this stage imo. Very credible opponent who can absorb the loss, gives him a great chance to look great and pick up a big win.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Be indifferent towards Reigns all you want but him punching the ring canvas and fireworks going off looked good at 'mania. Still hope they get rid of the superman punch and let him do a powerbomb for a finisher. Did I already say it here or was it at the other forum?

Spikey

the samoan lame arse (ged it) has got 3 moves and one of them is that frickin punch

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
who cares how many moves he has, he just looked awesome in the best mania event for 14 years

Shri

Mr. Glass
who cares how many moves he has, he just looked awesome in the best mania event for 14 years
Benoit would call taking/doing that many german suplexes just another tuesday night.:p

But yeah he looked awesome and really made Lesnar look great when he took that beating and made himself look good when it looked like he was coming back from a hopeless position. Can definitely see myself cheering for him in the future if he improves in other areas too.

Shri

Mr. Glass
tall guy with long hair and powerbomb finisher has defo never been done before either :ph34r:
Yeah there's a reason the move is only given to tall guys. And not like there aren't loads of different versions for him to choose from.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Razor's Edge is my favourite one. Always thought the jacknife sucked. Didn't look impactful to me at all. Sitouts and pop up powerbombs like the Kevin Owens powerbomb look way better.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Woah there calm down.
Let me think about this in more detail

30 - (Bryan V Orton V Batista) yeah, this year was better, as it was unpredictable and a great 1 on 1 will usually be better than a great triple threat (obviously this ended a triple threat but). The 30 main is stellar but wasn't even MOTN (that being Bryan V HHH IMO) for me
29 - (Rock V Cena) this year without a second thought
28 - (Rock V Cena) 28 has that Hogan-Andre epic feel and it is a real good match but preferred this one
27 - (Miz V Cena) this year without a second thought
26 - (Taker V Shawn) This is the first one I've doubted myself on
25 - (HHH V Orton) If Brock had covered Reigns after the first F5 and won there and then, this year's would still be better
24 - (Edge V Taker) close, but this year is better
23 - (Cena V Shawn) oooooh I love this match but this year was better
22 - (Cena V HHH) not close. This year was better
21 - (HHH V Batista) see above
20 - (HHH V Benoit V HBK) - yeah this belongs in the argument. But Reigns, Brock and Rollins have never killed any kids
19 - (Brock V Angle) - this year was better because Brock didn't nearly end his career
18 - (Jericho V HHH) - not close
17 - (Austin V Rock) - this was my starting point and no this year's main did not better this.

So I'm only allowing 20 and 26 into the argument. 20 is disqualified because Benoit kills kids. 26 is disqualified because it's a great match but they had a better one at 25 when it wasn't the main (I'm just making my rules up as I go along)

I therefore stand by my statement

Shri

Mr. Glass
Razor's Edge is my favourite one. Always thought the jacknife sucked. Didn't look impactful to me at all. Sitouts and pop up powerbombs like the Kevin Owens powerbomb look way better.
This is probably my fav powerbomb in WWE after the one by Batista to HHH through the table before that contract signing. Holy **** Spike Dudley looks like a guy who shouldn't even be in high school fights.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Razor' edge is gun but Sheamus' Celtic Cross seems like it hurts Sheamus more than the guy taking it.