• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OS, someone just reminded me of the bump Ambrose took in the IC title which could explain, if the WWE wanted to, why he didn't prevent the cash-in. Obviously they havent mentioned it for months...
Yeah they've just phased him out and dropped the whole idea of him always trying to screw up Rollins cash in. Damn shame. It's just so dumb because the Ambrose-Rollins feud was red hot. Whatever... hopefully he's brought back into the feud eventually. Shield Triple Threat for the title needs to happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Steph's promo to her was really dumb.

"You might be dangerous in the octagon, but you're in the squared circle now".

Yeah, because when stepping into a different shaped ring you automatically lose all of your fighting ability...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Steph's promo to her was really dumb.

"You might be dangerous in the octagon, but you're in the squared circle now".

Yeah, because when stepping into a different shaped ring you automatically lose all of your fighting ability...
Just typifies the arrogance of her character though. I thought she was epic in that segment. Like a hot Vince

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The entire match worked loads better than I imagined it would, and I think a lot of that came down to the way in which everyone involved worked incredibly stiff. You can bet your bottom dollar that Lesnar, but especially Reigns, will be really really sore this morning. Props to them both, they both took a massive beating. Everyone came out of it looking good, which was the best possible outcome really.

Also, the whole thing just once again showed what a massive asset Lesnar is to the WWE. Bloke is amazing.
Agreed. While Cena added some wrinkles, he is awful in the ring. Nothing looks like it would hurt. In contrast, Lesnar and Reigns had a match last night that looked stiff as ****. Lesnar makes it look like a real fight and that people are going to get damaged. He is a different class to anyone else on the roster in this regard.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Agreed. While Cena assed some wrinkles, he is awful in the ring. Nothing looks like it would hurt. In contrast, Lesnar and Reigns had a match last night that looked stiff as ****. Lesnar makes it look like a real fight and that people are going to get damaged. He is a different class to anyone else on the roster in this regard.
Harsh on Cena. Has proved himself a great in the ring. Consistently delivers on the big stage.

I don't think he's a great seller though. He's never really improved that aspect of his wrestling enough.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cena is fine in ring, but I see what Goughy is getting at. Cena's STF(U) for instance looks crap a lot of the time. Though tbf to him I think he has recently made efforts to tighten it up.

His selling is actually one of his better aspects imo. Guy takes loads of bumps.

OverratedSanity

Cena is fine in ring, but I see what Goughy is getting at. Cena's STF(U) for instance looks crap a lot of the time. Though tbf to him I think he has recently made efforts to tighten it up.

His selling is actually one of his better aspects imo. Guy takes loads of bumps.
He takes certain moves really poorly imo. Look at how Brock sells the Rollins curbstomp for example and look at Cena.

Also he makes frequent mistakes in matches where he flat out forgets to sell moves properly for some reason. Like in the mitb match with Punk, he countered the anaconda vice into an AA then went for the cover with the arm Punk had in the vice mere seconds ago. Really annoying stuff which takes me out of the match.

Otherwise he's fine imo. Other than his poor stfu all his other offense looks decent.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Didn't like the Mania much. Could have done with better matches. The main event was fantastic, mind. They had all big wrestlers having one match after another. Orton v Rollins was the match of the day easily.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I think Cena is limited and clumsy in the ring but that is just my opinion.

Regarding the event, I think they did a really good job. Different bits were pitched at different audiences and it worked. The only bit both I and my kids didnt like was the Rock and Rousey segment. Too long and utterly without reason.

Really clever booking though in the main event. Lots of different directions they can go and different people (Reigns, Orton, Brock) chasing the cowardly Champ. Of course, WWE can mess it all up from here but it looks in good shape. Especially with Cena and Bryan also holding the mid-card titles.

OverratedSanity

Yeah they could've chopped 5 minutes off that and given it to the ladder match. Not complaining though... more Ronda is never bad :wub:

And how stupid is it that HHH puts over Rousey by getting laid out by her on the same show Sting jobs to him?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched it. Marked the farrk out when Seth's music hit. RAW is going to be so good tomorrow.