• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think HHH is done. But where Cena goes is intriguing. Certainly hyped for Raw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I don't think that'll be HHH's last match, but I don't think we'll be seeing much of him from here on. Seemed pretty much like a send off, the commentary and the way they all walked out at the end of the match seems to pretty strongly suggest that's the case as well.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am hyped so much for Raw. I think this will go down as a great Wrestlemania. The opening match annoyed me but got the crowd revved up. Rhodes/Show and Kane/Orton did not go too long and the results were good with Kane picking up the upset and Show getting his moment after the most brutal spear I think can be imagined.

And then it kicked off. 20-0 was the best match in Wrestlemania history, imho. It started off a little corny but got to a point of brutality with HBK seemingly saving Taker's life as HHH threatened to pound it with a hammer. And then Taker took control and the rest was history. Oh yeah, cannot forget HBK superkicking Taker either, I think everyone thought that was it!

Punk Vs Jericho was a good match. It started slow, crowd were drained but it had a top finish to it and was well done in that way.

And then we had the spectacle that was Rock and Cena. I don't think anyone will forget that match for a long time. The live performance, the match, the finish, the crowd, it was all just amazing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ok, so, now that I have a few mins, I'll run down my main thoughts of the show:

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan - Not a great way to start the show. Not even a proper match. No way should a WHC match be this short, especially when there's a new champion crowned, especially at a PPV, especially when that PPV is Wrestlemania! Never a fan of "matches" like this, and a big waste of two guys I was really looking forward to seeing. I'm sure they could have cut a load of time out of the Funkasaurus and other musical segments (that I'm pretty sure nobody cared about) to make this match at least 5 mins.

Orton vs Kane - Fairly standard stuff. About what you would expect from these guys really. Solid enough match, strange that Kane went over though.

Big Show vs Cody Rhodes - Hadn't seen Show for a while prior to this, but it struck me how his mobility seems to have decreased quite a lot over the last year or so. Think he must be on his way down. Nevertheless, given the circumstances I thought Cody pulled out all the stops to carry him through to a good match, and both guys did well. Nice to see Show get a WM win too, him crying at the end of the match was great, WAG.

Divas Match - Yeah, this was alright. Standard WM Divas match really. Mrs Sledger is from Greece, and so enjoyed the participation of Maria Menounos. As did I, ftr.

Triple H vs Undertaker - Yeah, can't really say strongly enough how great this was tbh. Not often you see a match with so much intensity throughout. Couldn't take your eyes off it from start to finish. Could really feel the electricity of this one. Really benefited from HBK being there as well, even as the ref he really added extra emotion and helped make it what it was. Doubt in this era of the WWE you'll see many matches more brutal than that either. Fantastic end as well. Really what wrasslin is all about.

Team Johnny vs Team Teddy - Good fun match, and probably the right result from a storyline point of view. Shame that Miz (and a few others) were relegated to being in this match rather than being given a proper program of their own, but at least he was the one to pick up the victory.

Jericho vs Punk - These two had clearly been told not to go all out so that they didn't overshadow the main event, but even so, such is their quality they put on a very decent match. One gets the feeling that they will get a rematch at the next PPV when they can really go all out (certainly hope so anyway).

Cena vs The Rock - All about the moment, which was pretty epic. Flowed a bit weirdly and probably struggled to live up to the HIAC, but this was gun. Thought it ended all a bit too suddenly though, felt a bit rushed and awkward, and made Cena look like a bit of an idiot (maybe that was intentional though...). Lack of closure means that there'll almost certainly be more on RAW to follow up...so we'll see what happens. Dream match though really, loved it.

All in all, top show imo. Distinct lack of backstage segments though come to think of it, and video packages. Not really a bad thing I guess, just struck me that there weren't many. Anyway, looking forward to RAW.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
HHH/Taker was a classic.
Cena/Rock a very good match made great by the crowd.
Punk/Jericho a great match that won the crowd round by the end.

Three great matches and an amazing spectacle. Lots of nothing matches at the start but these three made up for all that. Brilliant show. Looking forward to RAW

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I've warmed to the Sheamus-Bryan thing a bit, makes sense from a storyline perspective but as a viewer I was disappointed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would have been better if the Show/Cody match had gone this way imo. Could have been the exact same thing but with the punch rather than the kick.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Btw the moment of the night was triple H's reaction to Taker's sit up. Storytelling at its very best.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The bit where Cena gave the Rock the FU (or AA, or whatever...) after picking him up from the floor was pretty insane as well.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
would have been better if the show/cody match had gone this way imo. Could have been the exact same thing but with the punch rather than the kick.
this!!!!!

Great RAW. Loved the crowd and there chanting of "YES! YES! YES!" and Brock F'n Lesnar is back

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha that was great. Fantastic crowd throughout the night, loved the constant Daniel Bryan chants that went on for nearly the entire show.

Crowd reaction when Brock came out was epic as well. Rumour mill already spinning, with Rock saying he wanted another WWE title run, there's talk of next year's WM ME being Rock vs Brock. Maybe therefore Cena vs Brock at Summerslam. Epic.

cricman

International 12th Man
Cena kept blabbing and blabbing ... the Crowd was tearing him apart and than the Guitar Bass hit and the place went nuts.

ytcdvxodwxwdinob - was the reaction on twitter

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The reason why he kept stalling was because apparently Brock only arrived at the arena 30 seconds before he came out on the stage. I guess this is the E's new tactic to avoid internet spoilers etc...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The notion that the WWE doesn't trust Cena as the face of the company is completely and utterly false.