Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    WWE on some top form as of late. Glad to see something's finally cracked with the Laurenitus thing. Him vs Foley would be quite a laugh but probably not the beat of matches.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Just watched it back again. The guy's a master of his art.

My angst about the segment is because as a fan it appealed to my inner mark, and I feel like a kid whose favourite face has just turned heel. It wasn't actually a bad segment at all really.

Why Chris? Why?
    It's because he's a bleedin' genius! He can turn to a face and back intoma heel in one segment

ION : Where you think the whole Kane/Cena/Ryder thing will go? Really want Kane to start hitting some matches...
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba
    If Shoiab starts throwing his jockstrap around, they're all going to catch something

Accidental Founder of the Fawad Alam Appreciation Society!

Slowfinger - An active member of CricketWeb for 5 years and counting!

Probably will keep ticking over for a while. Maybe Get Cena vs Kane at Rumble. Or more likely I imagine we'll get some confrontation between the three of them in the Rumble match itself and then a match at Elimination Chamber. Needs to be wrapped up soon in any case so Cena can begin his program with Rock.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Didn't laryngitis book CenA-Kane for the rumble already?

Jericho is so ****ing awesome
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Apparently Cena vs Kane last night was really good. Best match of Kane's career I heard. Will be trying to watch later today.

Gutted that Jericho didn't win the Rumble though.

Love Jericho, but I do think Sheamus was the best choice for a winner.

I roared like a little kid when Road Dogg came out though wag 'Oh you didn't know?'

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Apparently Cena vs Kane last night was really good. Best match of Kane's career I heard. Will be trying to watch later today.

Gutted that Jericho didn't win the Rumble though.
    Bah, skipped that match. Only because I'm tired and cbf with a late night tonight. Rumble was decent. Roster must be thinner than I thought though given they needed three announcers, Ricardo Rodriguez, Road Dogg, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Mick Foley to make up 30 though. And Kharma.

I think quite a few who would have been a lock for it are injured/suspended or have left the company. Edge, Christian, Bourne, Rey, Sin Cara, Del Rio, Taker etc... All surely would have featured.

Looking forward to (hopefully) a big Jericho segment on tonight's RAW as well.

Top match, Bryan vs Punk last night. So gun, even with the Jericho interference finish.

Slightly disappointed with the Royal Rumble PPV as a whole. Ziggler/Punk was going well until the ending, the Rumble match was good but was far from one of the best. The cage match I thought was really good for the time it got. The rest of the show was forgettable.

On RAW, Now then. I've been one of the folks who did not want to see another Trips/Taker match but I have to admit that I'm very intrigued with what went down last night. First of all, I loved the mirror of what happened last year with HHH coming back to interrupt Taker. This time we got Taker interrupting HHH but why? Since it's starting so early I think this is going to be A LOT better than last year and we'll actually get a storyline between the 2 instead of selling the match on their name value alone. I loved HHH patting him on the back, almost as if he was sorry for him and pretty much telling him no to the Mania match while Taker got pissed. I'm interested to see how they're going to go about it from here. Is Taker going to pursue the match? Maybe HHH will only accept it if he gets Taker's career on the line. Maybe that's where they're going, I don't know but as a person who absolutely did not want to see HHH/Taker III, the way that it has started and the fact that it has started to early has me very intrigued.

The Road to Wrestlemania has finally started (thank ****) and I'm excited for next week's show. Great Raw, the hype is finally here. It really feels like the RTWM has started now that we have some big time stars back and I'm excited. I feel Jericho/Punk has started a bit meh but obviously we're due an explanation next week. At least Jericho is actually doing something now and Jericho/Punk is good with me.

Roll on next week!

Punk/Jericho and the main event were good but that's about it. Pales in comparison to last week's RAW

Kane really pissing me off now. Hasnt been a monster ever since his unmasking.

One assumes you're aware he's been wearing the mask again for a while now?

Quote Originally Posted by slowfinger View Post
    Kane really pissing me off now. Hasnt been a monster ever since his unmasking.
    Wtf? He set JR on fire about two weeks after he unmasked (then again, I suppose me being about ten years old at the time helped convince me)

As for now though, yeah, at times he's touching on cringeworthy 'I thought I was sick, but stealing your best friend's girlfriend, you've sunk to depths I've never imagined' he then goes on to push a wheelchair-bound man off the stage (good angle, but a bit contradictory to his previous line) If Kane's supposed to be so evil, I doubt he couldn't imagine anything worse than cheating on his girlfriend. Maybe it was best when Kane said nothing at all, certainly added to mystery but probably a bit backward looking now. Even I can't remember that far back.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 15-02-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information